• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The palm trees of Mars?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Oh sure, what harm can possibly come from introducing a foreign species into an alien environment? That's never caused any problems before. :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know. These folks seem to think they can do it. :)

"Rashid Al Zaabi, Project Supervisor and Creator of the Palm Trees Experiment in Space Concept, said that they chose the palm tree because the environment on Mars is similar to the environment needed to cultivate palm trees."

What if the rock people there aren't happy with us? Are we prepared to deal with them? You see what can happen in this historical document:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Mark Watney grew potatoes on Mars!

:p

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know. These folks seem to think they can do it. :)
Anything is possible for those of us who've watched too many Star Trek episodes.
Except for those of us with engineering experience. The hurdles are daunting indeed.
"Rashid Al Zaabi, Project Supervisor and Creator of the Palm Trees Experiment in Space Concept, said that they chose the palm tree because the environment on Mars is similar to the environment needed to cultivate palm trees."
I don't think he read my posted links about the martian environment.
About all they have in common is an abundance of desert & drought.
What if the rock people there aren't happy with us? Are we prepared to deal with them? You see what can happen in this historical document:

We need to give the stone beings jobs.
It's worked before....after a rocky start.
Ref....
STTOS S1E25: "The Devil In The Dark"

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
It was only made possible because the writers required him to do it.
(They also re-wrote the martian soil composition.)

You mean that was fiction!? :(

I haz teh sad now. :(

But Matt Damon is real, right?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

David1967

Premium Member
Well, they’d have the money to back it up, w/ their oil, gold, and diamond exports!

You are correct. I hope we get to Mars in my lifetime. I was a baby when we got to the moon. Exciting time to be alive. We have come so far so fast. My Grandfather who was born in 1917 was picked up for school in a horse-drawn wagon and he lived to see us go to the moon. Where will be 100 years from now? Or 1000?