• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pale Horse of the Apocalypse

Neuropteron

Each of the horseman of the book of revelation is a symbol of the four major punishments that rebellious mankind is to experience during the time of the end.
They represent: War, famine, epidemics and false religion.
Can it be said that they are the culmination of the major crises the world has experienced for centuries?

Today, I would like to discuss the significance -if any- of the Pale Horse.
As you might have guessed the pale horse stands for epidemics and disease.

Here is a short list of epidemics currently still in effect (most are aware of them).
Typhoid,cholera, disentry, staphylococcus aureus, malaria, tuberculosis , gonorrhea, enterobacterial infections, cancer, heart diseases, aids, STD, hepatitis, diabetes ...

Rev 6:8 "...look a pale horse; and the one seated upon it had the name Death, authority was given to kill with deadly plagues".

Time will tell if the pandemic we are experiencing now is a fulfillment of that prophecy, I'm not saying it is since I don't know. What do you think ?

If past experience are of any significance, perhaps we should compare them to our situation today.

The experience of the past shows that "Germ fight back".
Although various vaccines and antibiotics have been responsible for significant initial gain, these successes have come at a price. The euphoria caused by these successes was short lived since the bacteria and viruses quickly began to resist this increase of synthetic antitoxin by replacing the drug sensitive variants with a more thick walled and resistant generation.

In the late 1960 bacteriologists discovered that bacteria subjected to drug treatment had the ability to "infect" their microbial cousins with multiple drug resistance. Researchers found that pathogens of plague, such as typhoid fever, cholera and dysentery amongs others- could quickly acquire the resistance factor. "As a consequence of the prevalence of this resistance-transfer factor, the effectiveness of antibiotics in the treatment of enterobacterial infections may change rapidly"[New England Medical Journal Aug 1966].

True to form, resistant strains began showing up in increasing numbers after 1960 onward, the problem of resistant organisms is increasing and in a few years no non-toxic antibiotics may be available for treating hospital acquired infections.[Prevent, 1972/3vol.1.no2,p 48].

The question:
Will the promise of defeating the current pandemic with global vaccination be successful despite the resistance-factor as well as the controversial testimonies of M.D's that have been refused a hearing in mainstream media ?

More importantly I think, will the pale horse keep on riding despite efforts of medicinal science to stop the effect of its prophetic fulfillment ?

Justanatheist

Will the promise of defeating the current pandemic with global vaccination be successful despite the resistance-factor as well as the controversial testimonies of M.D's that have been refused a hearing in mainstream media ?
Medical science is an amazing thing and the effects of covid are being drastically reduced, the evidence is there and only some loonies would ignore it.

More importantly I think, will the pale horse keep on riding despite efforts of medicinal science to stop the effect of its prophetic fulfillment ?
Well since there has never been a genuine prophecy that we no has been fulfilled I doubt this one will be the first.

RestlessSoul

The horsemen will be with us until the end of this world.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new.
And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Rev 21: 4-6

danieldemol

Premium Member
Each of the horseman of the book of revelation is a symbol of the four major punishments that rebellious mankind is to experience during the time of the end.
Today, I would like to discuss the significance -if any- of the Pale Horse.
As you might have guessed the pale horse stands for epidemics and disease.

Rev 6:8 "...look a pale horse; and the one seated upon it had the name Death, authority was given to kill with deadly plagues".
This seems to imply a starting point at some point in time, yet war, famine, epidemics and non-Jehovah's witness religions have been with us since the beginning of recorded history as far as I'm aware, at any rate they are certainly nothing new to the author of Revelation, so it seems like a stretch to call it 'prophecy' unless you would also call predicting there will be rain based on past experience as prophecy.

In my opinion

Viker

Häxan
War, famine, epidemics and false religion
These are hardly prophetic or eschatological as we have had them around since the beginning of recorded history and likely before. The Bubonic Plague makes todays pandemics seem like harmless sneezes. It's still with us but simple antibiotics fight it easily (if caught early enough). Modernality, it turns out, is not entirely the boogeyman people want it to be.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Medical science is an amazing thing and the effects of covid are being drastically reduced, the evidence is there and only some loonies would ignore it.

Well since there has never been a genuine prophecy that we no has been fulfilled I doubt this one will be the first.
The Battle of Armageddon is a fulfilled prophecy. It happened in 1918 and Australia won.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Death is something that we have been experiencing throughout history. So are war, poverty, famine etc.

Can it be said that they are the culmination of the major crises the world has experienced for centuries?
The reason I so no is that the book seems to be talking about the things that always happen in endless cycles. The author talks about seven seals with the number seven alluding to Joshua's walk around Jericho and the endless sabbaths each one in hope of a time when all is right. A man celebrating the sabbath (the time when the world will finally be at rest) doesn't know when the world will be made right just as Joshua doesn't know when he can stop circling Jericho. Joshua only knows that he must keep walking around it day after day. Seven is not only a number but is a symbol, and Revelation keeps representing everything as sevens. I think that the seven means to keep going, to keep waiting and keep remembering, like the Sabbath must be remembered. There are seven bowls, seven thunders, seven stars, seven lampstands, seven of many different things in this book. Several times the book says "This calls for the saints to be patient." All of these problems of war and famine have been striking in cycles.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the vaccine is the pale horse. By what I know from previous animal tests, mRNA vaccines killed all test animals. But, that may be false information.

Anyway, Corona viruses have been known about 100 years and have probably existed much longer than that and caused flu every year. I don’t believe humans will get rid of it now, when they have not managed to do it in last 100 years.

However, I think the pale horse has not yet come, for example because I don’t think Rev. 7:2-3 has happened yet. But, by what the Bible tells, it kills by many ways and in that sense all diseases could be from him.

And behold, a pale horse, and he who sat on it, his name was Death. Hades followed with him. Authority over one fourth of the earth, to kill with the sword, with famine, with death, and by the wild animals of the earth was given to him.
Rev. 6:8

I saw another angel ascend from the sunrise, having the seal of the living God. He cried with a loud voice to the four angels to whom it was given to harm the earth and the sea, saying, "Don't harm the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, until we have sealed the bondservants of our God on their foreheads!"
Rev. 7:2-3

RestlessSoul

These are hardly prophetic or eschatological as we have had them around since the beginning of recorded history and likely before. The Bubonic Plague makes todays pandemics seem like harmless sneezes. It's still with us but simple antibiotics fight it easily (if caught early enough). Modernality, it turns out, is not entirely the boogeyman people want it to be.

Christopher Hitchens (think it was him) said that one word should be enough to make most of us grateful for the modern world.

That word is “dentistry”.