• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Pagan, Buddhist, and Hindu Thread

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
In another thread, I told someone I feel that us Buddhists, Pagans, and Hindus get swept under the rug around here.

So, I'm making a thread devoted to these three(very vast) worldviews. Any and all may participate, but this thread may not delve into discussions of Abrahamic viewpoints, scriptures, or their God.

Anyone have anything interesting to share or ask?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll answer any questions one might have and am willing to share anything anyone is interested in knowing.

*climbs back under the rug*

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I'll answer any questions one might have and am willing to share anything anyone is interested in knowing.

...anything good under that rug, @SalixIncendium ? I'm fond of chili lime chips, if you see one...

I'm interested in learning more about Buddhist sects. I find its not something I know much about. To the Buddhists on the forum, what sect do you follow, and what makes it unique?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
...anything good under that rug, @SalixIncendium ? I'm fond of chili lime chips, if you see one...
Just my crumbs from...

61kJarlCFtL._AC_SY580_.jpg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll settle for some of those, thanks.

Would you believe I have the remains of just a few peanuts and plenty of spicy chickpea crumbs from a nearly finished bag on top of my fridge?

The crumbs are my favorite part of the bag!!!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Would you believe I have the remains of just a few peanuts and plenty of spicy chickpea crumbs from a nearly finished bag on top of my fridge?

The crumbs are my favorite part of the bag!!!

What confuses me most is why you haven't just devoured the crumbs and tossed out the bag...

But I guess you don't have a house full of felines circling to grab up any remains...

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What confuses me most is why you haven't just devoured the crumbs and tossed out the bag...

But I guess you don't have a house full of felines circling to grab up any remains...

I was a bit slow with the pic, but see my last post.

Sadly, I have only feline ashes. :(

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

You mentioned meditating daily, I think. And at one point mentioned going about your day in a state of "words I can't pronounce/remember".

I'm curious as to what that was again. What you meant. And how that impacts your daily life.

Edit: It might have been "Satcitananda", but I could be very wrong too. @SalixIncendium

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
For that little bit of crumbs, just tip the bag back and eat 'em up, so you can toss out the bag. No sense keeping the clutter for something that can be eaten in a few seconds.

These are meant to be savored. Haldiram has these little pockets on the side of the bag to ensure this happens. :grimacing:

Sorry for the loss of your cat. :(

Not my cat, but my elder daughter's cat. But thank you.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
@SalixIncendium and @Jainarayan , what path or sect would you say you belong to, or feel are closest to your beliefs(if any)?

Vaishnava. My philosophy is probably Vishishtadvaita, “Advaita with qualifications”, all diversity subsuming to a whole. This is not unlike waves or sea spray to the ocean; heat, light, smoke to a flame.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I actually have a real Hindu question: Has the Kumbh Mela outlived it's purpose? I have the sense that the old tradition of yogis coming down from ashrams in the hills and forests is not what it used to be in modern India.