• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Overseer

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Does your religion, path, worldview, etc. incorporate an overseer?

What purpose does s/he serve? What is your personal relationship to that entity?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

What purpose does s/he serve? What is your personal relationship to that entity?
Yes, many of them. Many many. Each has responsibility for something; I myself have and have had responsibility of 'overseeing' a variety of things, including the care of property, children, money...

Most of them, I have little to no relationship with--they do their things, I do mine, and we don't interact directly much. I do interact with some on a more frequent and direct basis...but many are so large/powerful (or small and seemingly weak...although sometimes the weak can impact the powerful, even if not 'personally') that no 'personal' relationship is possible...the Sun, Moon, weather, the land I live on (not just the property I 'own') would be examples...

PureX

Veteran Member

I often use the idea of an 'overseer' to help me stay focused on gratitude and positive action. However, I do not presume to know that such an entity exists.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

someone has to be the one to stoke the coals. play the devil as it were.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

There are two institutions within the Baha’i community that may have an overseer type relationship.

1/ Elected Assemblies
2/ Appointed members of the Institution of Counsellors

They are two institutions to whom every community member can turn (including those who are not Baha’is) and the institutions have responsibilities for the welfare of the community and individuals within it.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No. Just exists, perhaps sometimes does not. I am not too sure about that. It constitutes all things in the universe, and everything in the universe is it only.