• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Orthodox reasoning behind Nicea

No*s

Captain Obvious
Many people wonder, "why is the Trinity so important?" Well, St. Athanasius explained clearly what he meant by it in On the Incarnation. This is a classic piece of Orthodox spirituality, and it explains why the divinity of Christ is fundamental, and part of the reason St. Athanasius fought so hard against it, even when the whole world seemed to turn against him. One must really admire that man.

No*s

Captain Obvious
St. Athanasius' argument basically comes down to that classic Early Church Argument: "God became man so that men might become God." My favorite quote on this matter, though, is the "Christ has trampled down death by death" that is repeated so often lol.

St. Athanasius is one of those men that I admire greatly :jiggy:

Joannicius

No*s said:
St. Athanasius' argument basically comes down to that classic Early Church Argument: "God became man so that men might become God." My favorite quote on this matter, though, is the "Christ has trampled down death by death" that is repeated so often lol.

St. Athanasius is one of those men that I admire greatly :jiggy:
A true Theologian in my book also.