• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The origins of monotheism, the one true God, and men pretending to speak for the one true God

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Right. There is no logical reason to doubt the truth of the Messengers of God, such as Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha’u’llah, because there is no logical explanation for what they were able to accomplish on their missions, including the scriptures that they revealed, and they would have had no motive for suffering and sacrificing their lives, other than for the Cause of God.

You and I and those others like us can thank God for enabling us to recognize His Messengers. Baha'u'llah told us to thank God every day of our lives for enabling us to recognize His Messengers.
"Right. There is no logical reason to doubt the truth of the Messengers of God, such as Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad"

I agree with one up-to Muhammad.

Regards

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Right. There is no logical reason to doubt the truth of the Messengers of God, such as Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad, the Bab and Baha’u’llah,
except that they are giving contradictory messages. they cannot all be right all the time.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
except that they are giving contradictory messages. they cannot all be right all the time.
I do not believe the "original" messages of the Messengers were contradictory, although they were different.
It makes logical sense that they would be different since they were delivered in different ages, and the world and the needs of the people are different in every age.

Baha'u'llah called for the unity of mankind, and that is what humanity needs in this age. People all over the world in governments and other organizations are becoming increasingly aware that we need to unite in order to solve the serious problems facing humanity, as otherwise humanity and the world will not survive.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The idea of the divine rights of kings I find is somewhat evil, selfish, and self-serving for the person in the position of power. But you be the judge:

The Quran understood that this would be part of what deniers of Mohammad (s) or any Messenger, would see as part of the reward they seek by claiming Prophethood. It brought up the issue in many chapters and has responses to this objection.

At the end that which people saw as a reward on their part is in fact something that God has to bring about and that which they see as a reward it's incumbent upon him. The alternative to God's Rulers as in Moses (a) and Aaron (a) for example, ruling over people, is that you get oppressors or mislead people leading others.

The alternative to God's Kings (a) ruling, is that you have crooks and liars ruling.

Whether it's fame, glory, moral landscaping, power, control, legacy, or monarchy, whatever the accusation, at the end all we are really being asked to do is love the kin (42:23) chosen by God, and what we see as in power, authority, leadership, moral landscaping, control etc, what is that but for who wants to, to take a path towards their Lord (25:57).

These are just two verses, there are more to do with the reward they were accused of seeking.

This is the chosen ones' right and all we are asked to do is recognize who they are. Yes, it seems like they are selfish, power hungry, wanting fame, glory, exaltation, high reputation, but all this is part of taking a path to God.

All the accusation of selfish reward is the only means to get to God.

Treasure Hunter

Baha'u'llah called for the unity of mankind, and that is what humanity needs in this age. People all over the world in governments and other organizations are becoming increasingly aware that we need to unite in order to solve the serious problems facing humanity, as otherwise humanity and the world will not survive.

You can always recognize the posers when their entire solution is ‘awareness’.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
This is so head in the sand that it seems senseless to even try to reason with you. I mean, it is more than obvious. You either see it or you are avoiding reality.
Please post some contradictions then, but not from what the religions teach, from the scriptures.
And remember, differences are not contradictions. ;)

IndigoChild5559

Please post some contradictions then, but not from what the religions teach, from the scriptures.
And remember, differences are not contradictions. ;)
Moses taught that the worship of God was of tremendous importance (see how many of the 613 laws were instructions on worship and sacrifice). The Buddha considered the gods and worship to be irrelevant--he never addressed it at all. They can't both be right.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Moses taught that the worship of God was of tremendous importance (see how many of the 613 laws were instructions on worship and sacrifice). The Buddha considered the gods and worship to be irrelevant--he never addressed it at all. They can't both be right.
Do we have any original writings from the Buddha saying that God and worship is irrelevant?
Do we have any original writings from the Buddha at all?
If not, then all we have is what other people said or wrote about what he taught.

There is no reason to believe that what Buddhists believe today is what the Buddha taught.
(The same applies to Christianity vs what Jesus taught about one God, and that is why we have the Triune God).

According to the Baha'i Faith the Buddha established the Oneness of God.

Question.—To which category do Buddha and Confucius belong?

Answer.—Buddha also established a new religion, and Confucius renewed morals and ancient virtues, but their institutions have been entirely destroyed. The beliefs and rites of the Buddhists and Confucianists have not continued in accordance with their fundamental teachings. The founder of Buddhism was a wonderful soul. He established the Oneness of God, but later the original principles of His doctrines gradually disappeared, and ignorant customs and ceremonials arose and increased until they finally ended in the worship of statues and images.

Some Answered Questions, p. 165

IndigoChild5559

Do we have any original writings from the Buddha saying that God and worship is irrelevant?
Do we have any original writings from the Buddha at all?
If all you are going to do is accept writings of the actual teacher, then you can't accept any teachings from either Buddha or Jesus. You can cross them off your list as great sages.

I accept the writings of them that are in close proximity. I mean, you might as well.

And the point is, those writings that share the teachings of Buddha say nothing of gods or worship. Surely if gods and worship had been significant to Buddha, those who wrote down his teachings would have mentioned this. 'Nuff said.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
If all you are going to do is accept writings of the actual teacher, then you can't accept any teachings from either Buddha or Jesus. You can cross them off your list as great sages.
I do not cross them off but I trust nothing the followers say about the Buddha, because we really have nothing from him. I trust what the NT says about what Jesus said, not word for word, but in general, because I have trust in the Bible.
And the point is, those writings that share the teachings of Buddha say nothing of gods or worship. Surely if gods and worship had been significant to Buddha, those who wrote down his teachings would have mentioned this. 'Nuff said.
I have no reason to believe whatever was written down came from the mouth of the Buddha. Nuff said. ;)

IndigoChild5559

I do not cross them off but I trust nothing the followers say about the Buddha, because we really have nothing from him. I trust what the NT says about what Jesus said, not word for word, but in general, because I have trust in the Bible.

I have no reason to believe whatever was written down came from the mouth of the Buddha. Nuff said. ;)
It is inconsistant for you to trust what the followers of Jesus say that Jesus said, but not trust what the followers of Buddha say that Buddah said. You have a double standard.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
It is inconsistant for you to trust what the followers of Jesus say that Jesus said, but not trust what the followers of Buddha say that Buddah said. You have a double standard.
I absolutely do not trust what Christians say about Jesus, in case you have not noticed. ;) :D

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

danieldemol

Premium Member
This is so head in the sand that it seems senseless to even try to reason with you. I mean, it is more than obvious. You either see it or you are avoiding reality.
Forgive me for engaging in whataboutery which only emphasises the point you make, but the Jewish Prophets have inconsistent messages too, consider for example Daniel’s teaching on the resurrection contrasted with Solomon’s teaching that there was no further reward than the grave, contrasted with Elijah being raised into heaven.

"List of people claiming to be a divine messenger of God"

The list, I understand, amply evidences that Oneness of G-d is the most natural, ancient principle and religious knowledge in all religions of the world. Right, please?

Regards

No, please. I think that is an illogical and poor inferences/conclusions. It means many things: Some people claims to have connections with spiritual world and within those some could truly have a connection and some are just faking it or delusional. It could mean there is a spiritual side to the world, demons, ghosts, deities or Gods or universal consciousness.

The Messengers were truthful, I understand, and how G-d helped them succeed against all odds evidences for the existence of G-d and also the the truth of His Messengers and the truth of religious Message given by Him to them. And there is absolutely no need, I understand, to doubt it. Right, please?

Regards
Do you believe Josef Smith of the Mormons ? He must be Truthful messenger of God by your logic.
Joseph Smith - Wikipedia

"Right. There is no logical reason to doubt the truth of the Messengers of God, such as Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Christ, Muhammad"

I agree with one up-to Muhammad.

Regards
There is no logical to rule out prophets and messengers who came after Mohammed by your unknown logic too. Right, please ?

Spot on. Their teachings and other authors teachings are very inconsistent, yet some desperate people especially modern muslims want to claim they all taught about Islam, Allah and coming of Mohammed.