• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Original Sin: who is to blame?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Yes, I fully agree that those verses are about the hypocrisy of judging.
You know, when someone has to twist my words because it is more important to them to win an argument than to have a reasonable discussion, I have to wonder whether it's worth replying to them.

I don't think for an instant that you unconsciously added the words "of judging" to make it seem as though I agreed with you when in fact I do not. Oh, I think you were quite deliberate.

ecco

Veteran Member
You know, when someone has to twist my words because it is more important to them to win an argument than to have a reasonable discussion, I have to wonder whether it's worth replying to them.

I don't think for an instant that you unconsciously added the words "of judging" to make it seem as though I agreed with you when in fact I do not. Oh, I think you were quite deliberate.

You wrote...
The full text of Matthew 7:1-4 is plainly about hypocrisy, not judging.
1 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
Your words: "Plainly about hypocrisy"
Then you quote verses about judging.

I interpreted that to mean you were talking about the hypocrisy of judging. If I misunderstood, my apologies.

What hypocrisy were you referring to?