• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The origin of man

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well...firstly I will underline that I want this thread to be constructive and pacific. I just want to figure out how many Christians (or whoever believes in the God's Bible) think that man was created from dirt. That is, Go took dirt and formed a man, as if it was a clay sculpture.

This video shows what I mean
[youtube]SNIYp83gDt0[/youtube]

all right...there is lots of irony in that video. I think it's unfair, because everyone has the right to believe in what they want to

Viker

Häxan
That would actually be easier to explain than how a woman came from a man's rib. We are all made of the primordial stuff from the universe and planet.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
well...as a Christian I've started to doubt the story of Adam and Eve when I was 8.
When I was 14 , I was already convinced that they never existed. And when I was 17, I finally accepted evolution as the official answer of the question: "where human beings come from".

But I do respect all the people who believe in the Genesis tale. Even my mother believes in it

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
We are made from dust.
Stardust.
The biblical description is a brilliant metaphorical description of the truth.

well...I don't know what you exactly mean by stardust...but we are made of organic matter. That is, we are made of carbon molecules and consequently our tissues are capable of decay.
When we die, our body is biodegradable. Stones aren't...
so we are certainly not made of stardust, or whatever it is

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
well...I don't know what you exactly mean by stardust...but we are made of organic matter. That is, we are made of carbon molecules and consequently our tissues are capable of decay.
When we die, our body is biodegradable. Stones aren't...
so we are certainly not made of stardust, or whatever it is

Hay..... we are made from Stardust.
The carbon atoms which compose our bodies were produced in the hearts of mega stars, millions of times larger than our Sun. And when these mega-stars died in explosions they spewed it out into space where it collected and formed solar systems like ours.

Litle suns like ours can only produce Helium, Hydrogen and tiny amounts of silicates, I believe.

We - are - stardust. :)

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Hay..... we are made from Stardust.
The carbon atoms which compose our bodies were produced in the hearts of mega stars, millions of times larger than our Sun. And when these mega-stars died in explosions they spewed it out into space where it collected and formed solar systems like ours.

Litle suns like ours can only produce Helium, Hydrogen and tiny amounts of silicates, I believe.

We - are - stardust. :)
well..now you have clarified it. Of course our molecules are made of those chemical elements which originated from stars.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
As if I haven't been thinking about it already. I'm not sure what "realization" you expect me to have, but the point still stands.

What I'm pointing to is a realization that does not usually come easy to us humans. Maybe you're smarter than the rest of us though, and know everything.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
As if I haven't been thinking about it already. ...........................

...so have the physicists and astronomers. And as our minimal knowledge increases from their tireless efforts, so we continuously find an initial 'creation' event which can neither be explained nor discarded.

I'll bet that other universes are discovered within twenty years, and from astro calculations concerning galaxies moving strangely, it looks like my bet is safe. Thus the creation event retreats from us as we stagger towards it.

We think we are bright........ Nah! :)

Big G is something else.