• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The only abs I have are abnormalities...

Kharisym

Welcome :)
So I don't really see why a "religion" is needed for holding such views, as it seems to be more about being uncertain in regards to what humans might be capable of in the future.

The irony of an atheist arguing that a belief they hold is religious. lol. The article of faith is that this man made afterlife exists and that there is something after death.

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe
Welcome to RF, @Kharisym . In the Hunger Games rip-off novel Divergent by Veronica Roth, the "Abnegation" were one of 5 "factions" (social groups). In the German translation of the book, they are called Altruan. They live a simple life and are said to be incorruptible, so they were charged with governing and charity work. :D

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The irony of an atheist arguing that a belief they hold is religious. lol. The article of faith is that this man made afterlife exists and that there is something after death.
There is a lot, at least for a billion years before sun makes earth so hot that all water evaporates and life is not possible. After death,. our molecules will disperse and become parts of millions of living and non-living entities. They are not going to be dead or destroyed. It is chemical recycling.

Kharisym

There is a lot, at least for a billion years before sun makes earth so hot that all water evaporates and life is not possible. After death,. our molecules will disperse and become parts of millions of living and non-living entities. They are not going to be dead or destroyed. It is chemical recycling.

I never found that argument convincing, but I don't think this is the forum for debate so I will resssssist the urrgge to... gah! Willpower..fading....

Kharisym

Were you not a science student? Yeah, that is true. It is not.

Atheists are not any more resistant to trying to find comfort in things than anyone else. I will happily admit that the origin of my Altruan beliefs is finding the idea of a final death to be unsettling and scary, and therefore attempting to find a mechanism that I can believe in that would afford an afterlife as well as matching my existing ethical structure.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Greetings!

There might be cake, but there's pie for dessert
in the staff lounge tonite...
R.a1c99cb45761b8d7f7b6af40a29d8374

**** I love pie.