• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Omniscient of God

Faithofchristian

The Omniscient of God, Where is this written at in the bible.

People will say God is Omniscient, But where in the bible does the bible say God is Omniscient.

Sure anyone can nitpick out verses in the bible and twist them into saying what people want them to say.

What Im looking for is a precise verse in the bible that will explicitly will say God is Omniscient, Not any guessing or that can assume it to say God is Omniscient.

No wheres the verse that without any doubt that will say God is Omniscient.

As I keep hearing that God is Omniscient, But no proof that this is written in the bible/scriptures.

Other than that, it comes down to people saying that, without any actual proof from the bible/scriptures to prove such a claim.

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves
Great is our Lord and abundant in strength; His understanding is infinite.​

-Psalm 147:5

in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

-1 John 3:20

Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all.

-Psalm 139:4

He counts the number of the stars; He gives names to all of them.

-Psalm 147:4

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
Many things are invented by preachers and the like to explain the nonsense in the Bible.

Where is the Trinity mentioned, what about purgatory?

Faithofchristian

in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things.

[/QUOTE

Now as to what you have given, does that mean that God knows about things, before they happen.
There are people who will say, that God See's into the future, Then God gives to his prophets what to write down what is to happen in the future.

Unto which makes no sense at all, If God is all knowing as people say God is, Then why would God need to look into the future to see what is happening, if God is all knowing, then God would already know without having to look into the future to see what is happening.

Let's take for the example of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.
Now God comes saying, Adam where are you"
Now if God is able to see into future as people say God is, Then why did God call out for Adam, seeing God would haved already knew where Adam was. If God is all knowing. Then God would haved already knew where Adam was.

Now Adam and Eve took of the tree, that God told them not to take of the tree,
But God ask Adam, " did you take of the tree that I told you not to take of"

If God knows all things,But yet God did not know that Adam and Eve took of the tree, until God ask them.

What about Lucifer (Satan) in the book of Ezekiel 28:15 here we find God saying,
"You was perfect in your ways from the day that you was created, till iniquity was found in you"

Notice the word ( till) this means that God didn't know Lucifer ( Satan) was lawlessness till it was found in
Lucifer ( Satan )

Look I didn't know Tom was coming over till Tom showed up.
So God didn't know Lucifer ( Satan) was lawlessness till it was found in him. If God is all knowing as people say God is, Then God would haved already knew, But God didn't know till lawlessness was found in Lucifer (Satan)

What this means is, that there can be times that God may choose not to know things before they happen.

Last edited:

Earthling

David Henson
The terms omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent are used commonly in an exaggerated religious sense. Meaning, respectively, everywhere all the time, knowing all, and able to do anything.

If you look at the similar secular term omnivorous, it has a more practical meaning. An animal that eats meat and plant rather than strictly one or the other. If you misapplied the term omnivorous in the same exaggerated religious sense, it would mean animals that can eat rocks, metal, condominiums, thermonuclear devices, and the universe. It's nonsensical yet people expect God to have these exaggerated abilities.

The exaggerated claim of omnipresence is false. God's position is fixed, in heaven. (1 Kings 8:39, 2 Chronicles 6:18) Though, in a practical sense, God can be where ever he wants to be.

The other two terms are arguable. In the exaggerated religious sense often applied, they are false, but in a more practical application they are certainly possible.

Omniscient, for example. God doesn't know everything about what you do, like Santa Clause. But he can see your heart and discover anything about you he wants to. When God asks Adam and Eve what they had done, at that time he wasn't aware of it. (Genesis 3:8-13) When he asked Cain he wasn't aware. (Genesis 4:9) and when he sent angels to investigate Sodom and Gomorrah he wasn't aware. (Genesis 18:20-21)

Omnipotent, meaning that God can do anything. God can't lie. (Titus 1:2 / Hebrews 6:18)

Earthling

David Henson
Now as to what you have given, does that mean that God knows about things, before they happen.
There are people who will say, that God See's into the future, Then God gives to his prophets what to write down what is to happen in the future.

Unto which makes no sense at all, If God is all knowing as people say God is, Then why would God need to look into the future to see what is happening, if God is all knowing, then God would already know without having to look into the future to see what is happening.

Let's take for the example of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden.
Now God comes saying, Adam where are you"
Now if God is able to see into future as people say God is, Then why did God call out for Adam, seeing God would haved already knew where Adam was. If God is all knowing. Then God would haved already knew where Adam was.

Now Adam and Eve took of the tree, that God told them not to take of the tree,
But God ask Adam, " did you take of the tree that I told you not to take of"

If God knows all things,But yet God did not know that Adam and Eve took of the tree, until God ask them.

What about Lucifer (Satan) in the book of Ezekiel 28:15 here we find God saying,
"You was perfect in your ways from the day that you was created, till iniquity was found in you"

Notice the word ( till) this means that God didn't know Lucifer ( Satan) was lawlessness till it was found in
Lucifer ( Satan )

So God didn't know Lucifer ( Satan) was lawlessness till it was found in him. If God is all knowing as people say God is, Then God would haved already knew, But God didn't know till lawlessness was found in Lucifer (Satan)

What this means is, that there can be times that God may choose not to know things before they happen.

That's a good post. The only problem I have with what you said is that Lucifer isn't a name for Satan, it's a term for the King of Babylon, Nebuchadnezzar, and / or the Babylonian dynasty. (Isaiah 14:4 / Isaiah 14:12)

Faithofchristian

That's a good post. The only problem I have with what you said is that Lucifer isn't a name for Satan, it's a term for the King of Babylon, Nebuchadnezzar, and / or the Babylonian dynasty. (Isaiah 14:4 / Isaiah 14:12)

If you had notice at the time of Christ Jesus was here on earth, Jesus also given Lucifer the name Satan.
Notice back in the book of Genesis 3:14
"And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life"

Notice God said ( the serpent)

Now in the book of Revelation 12:9---"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him"
Notice ( that old serpent) this being the serpent in Genesis 3:14.
That old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan.
God given Lucifer many names
Serpent
Satan
Devil
The Dragon
The evil one
The lawless one
The man of sin
son of Perdition
The Rebellious one
The false Prophet
The AntiChrist
The beast

These are the names that God given to Lucifer.

Earthling

David Henson
Many things are invented by preachers and the like to explain the nonsense in the Bible.

Where is the Trinity mentioned, what about purgatory?

There is a spurious scripture 1 John 5:7 in the KJV and Douay Bible in support of the trinity.

Last edited by a moderator:

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves

The bible dosen't say that God dosen't know the future until he "looks" that way. He just constantly perceives all of time, including the future.

Probably as a test, for them to decide whether they would lie or not. At least, that's how I always saw it.

It is not saying that God didn't know that Satan would eventual sin, just that he hadn't sinned yet.

It's like saying "I didn't find Tom at the party because he wasn't even there."

Faithofchristian

The bible dosen't say that God dosen't know the future until he "looks" that way. He just constantly perceives all of time, including the future.

Probably as a test, for them to decide whether they would lie or not. At least, that's how I always saw it.

It is not saying that God didn't know that Satan would eventual sin, just that he hadn't sinned yet.

It's like saying "I didn't find Tom at the party because he wasn't even there."

That's right exactly right, the bible doesn't say that, People say God see into the future.
Have you any idea, what the word ( till) even means.
It means God didn't know until lawlessness was found in Lucifer.

According to Dictionary ( till and until have the same meaning and are interchangeable) Jane didn't know the store was open, till, until, she found it open.
Therefore God didn't know Lucifer was lawlessness, till,until, it was found in Lucifer.

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves
That's right exactly right, the bible doesn't say that, People say God see into the future.
Have you any idea, what the word ( till) even means.
It means God didn't know until lawlessness was found in Lucifer.

According to Dictionary ( till and until have the same meaning and are interchangeable) Jane didn't know the store was open, till, until, she found it open.
Therefore God didn't know Lucifer was lawlessness, till,until, it was found in Lucifer.

No, it is saying Lucifer was blameless before sin was found in him. You cant find something that isn't there. Before them, the bible calls him blamless. Not that God didn't know about it till then, but that he was blameless before then.

Faithofchristian

No, it is saying Lucifer was blameless before sin was found in him. You cant find something that isn't there. Before them, the bible calls him blamless. Not that God didn't know about it till then, but that he was blameless before then.

Show in the bible in the book of
Ezekiel 28:15 where exactly it says, what your saying.

All your doing is saying things that are not even found in the book of Ezekiel 28:15

IsaiahX

Ape That Loves
Show in the bible in the book of
Ezekiel 28:15 where exactly it says, what your saying.

All your doing is saying things that are not even found in the book of Ezekiel 28:15

What it says:

"You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you."

What it does NOT say:

I didn't know sin was in you till I found it.

Earthling

David Henson
If you had notice at the time of Christ Jesus was here on earth, Jesus also given Lucifer the name Satan.
Notice back in the book of Genesis 3:14
"And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life"

Notice God said ( the serpent)

Now in the book of Revelation 12:9---"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him"
Notice ( that old serpent) this being the serpent in Genesis 3:14.
That old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan.
God given Lucifer many names
Serpent
Satan
Devil
The Dragon
The evil one
The lawless one
The man of sin
son of Perdition
The Rebellious one
The false Prophet
The AntiChrist
The beast

These are the names that God given to Lucifer.

The angel you mentioned in the book of Ezekiel is known as Satan, the Devil. The Hebrew word satan means adversary or resistor. So, when the word first appears in scripture, at Numbers 22:22 it is in application to a righteous angel (meaning messenger) of God. There are many occurrences of the Hebrew satan that aren't in reference to Satan, like there are many occurrences of the word god that aren't in reference to God. When the scriptures applies these terms to a specific being the definite article ha, as in ha Satan is used. In the Greek nearly all occurrences of Satanas appears with the definite article ho.

So this rebellious angel has a name given to him before he sinned. This name isn't revealed in scripture.

Terms like the Serpent, the Dragon, the beast may be in reference to Satan, but terms like the man of sin, son of Perdition, false prophet and Antichrist are applied to many others. Not necessarily Satan.

I don't see any evidence of Lucifer being applied to Satan in scripture. Lucifer is Latin. But the Hebrew and Greek term could be translated into various forms, like Latin Shining One, Hebrew morning or day star, Greek bringer of dawn are applied to Satan and Jesus. The term is in reference to the brightest and last light to appear in the heavens before a new day (Venus, for example). So Jesus, Satan and in this case Nebuchadnezzar each brought a new day, a change, in a symbolic sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Earthling

David Henson
What it says:

"You were blameless in your ways from the day you were created till wickedness was found in you."

What it does NOT say:

I didn't know sin was in you till I found it.

True, but it doesn't say that I did know sin was in you before I found it. That it was found implies that it was there before being recognized.

Faithofchristian

The angel you mentioned in the book of Ezekiel is known as Satan, the Devil. The Hebrew word satan means adversary or resistor. So, when the word first appears in scripture, at Numbers 22:22 it is in
application to a righteous angel (meaning messenger) of God. There are many occurrences of the Hebrew satan that aren't in reference to Satan, like there are many occurrences of the word god that aren't in reference to God. When the scriptures applies these terms to a specific being the definite article ha, as in ha Satan is used. In the Greek nearly all occurrences of Satanas appears with the definite article ho.

So this rebellious angel has a name given to him before he sinned. This name isn't revealed in scripture.

Terms like the Serpent, the Dragon, the beast may be in reference to Satan, but terms like the man of sin, son of Perdition, false prophet and Antichrist are applied to many others. Not necessarily Satan.

I don't see any evidence of Lucifer being applied to Satan in scripture. Lucifer is Latin. But the Hebrew and Greek term could be translated into various forms, like Latin Shining One, Hebrew morning or day star, Greek bringer of dawn are applied to Satan and Jesus. The term is in reference to the brightest and last light to appear in the heavens before a new day (Venus, for example). So Jesus, Satan and in this case Nebuchadnezzar each brought a new day, a change, in a symbolic sense.

There is only one being that fell from heaven.
So let's go with this and see where it leads to, and then I'll leave the rest up to you.

In the book of Isaiah 14:12--" How are you fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning"

Jesus speaking, saying, in the book of
Luke 10:18---"And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven"