• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Old Woman and Her Pig

Jonathan Bailey

The little pig won't go over the stile and she shan't get home tonight!

It's possible a little hay from a haystack could be the whole solution to the problem.

The old woman must feed the hay to the cow first.

then the cow will give her some milk
to give to the cat
who will go after the rat to kill him
who will go after the rope to gnaw on it
which will go after the butcher to bind him
who will go after the ox to kill him
who will start to drink the water
which will start to douse the fire
which will start to burn the stick
which will beat the dog
who will bite the pig
who will, in fright, jump over the stile
so the little old woman shall
get home tonight...just in time
to watch a rerun of Golden Girls on TV (or whatever old women like to watch)!

Here's the mystery of the story.

Where will the woman get the saucer to put the cow's milk in to give to the cat? Perhaps, the saucer will land near the woman from another galaxy, maybe? The real question is can a flying saucer also hold milk? I would have to venture a guess to say probably it could especially if the flying saucer is from the Milky Way galaxy!

The moral of the story is: persistence pays but never beat a dead horse

Last edited:

Jonathan Bailey

Is this your passive aggressive way of saying "Good bye, RF. I'm out of here."?
Tom

No, I'm looking for some help from my RF friends to solve the mystery of the saucer. Where did it come from? How did the old woman get it? The book does not explain these things.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Damn woman, bite the pig yourself. Depending on others to get something done is such a headache.

dianaiad

The little pig won't go over the stile and she shan't get home tonight!

It's possible a little hay from a haystack could be the whole solution to the problem.

The old woman must feed the hay to the cow first.

then the cow will give her some milk
to give to the cat
who will go after the rat to kill him
who will go after the rope to gnaw on it
which will go after the butcher to bind him
who will go after the ox to kill him
who will start to drink the water
which will start to douse the fire
which will start to burn the stick
which will beat the dog
who will bite the pig
who will, in fright, jump over the stile
so the little old woman shall
get home tonight...just in time
to watch a rerun of Golden Girls on TV (or whatever old women like to watch)!

Here's the mystery of the story.

Where will the woman get the saucer to put the cow's milk in to give to the cat? Perhaps, the saucer will land near the woman from another galaxy, maybe? The real question is can a flying saucer also hold milk? I would have to venture a guess to say probably it could especially if the flying saucer is from the Milky Way galaxy!

The moral of the story is: persistence pays but never beat a dead horse

Nope.

The moral of the story is that not saying 'please' when making a request is a really dumb idea. Well, that and that cats, being independent creatures who understand the value of tit for tat, couldn't have cared less about simple manners, and figured that if the old woman was going to be rude, she could finagle a good dinner. After all, she (the cat) was probably going to chase the stupid rat anyway.

So...the moral of the story is...say "please."

"Thank you' is pretty good, too, though I don't know how much "Please" and "Thank you" would do the ox, who gets turned into filet mignon and hamburger.

Jonathan Bailey

Nope.

The moral of the story is that not saying 'please' when making a request is a really dumb idea. Well, that and that cats, being independent creatures who understand the value of tit for tat, couldn't have cared less about simple manners, and figured that if the old woman was going to be rude, she could finagle a good dinner. After all, she (the cat) was probably going to chase the stupid rat anyway.

"Thank you' is pretty good, too, though I don't know how much "Please" and "Thank you" would do the ox, who gets turned into filet mignon and hamburger.

The woman apparently couldn't use the gate in the fence because there was no gate but only a stile. A stile, a vertical cattle guard, only permits passage of (able-bodied) people and not animals anyway.

The woman is also guilty of stealing hay and milk from some farmer without his consent.

Jonathan Bailey

Nope.

But there is still the nagging question about the saucer.