• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Not Excited Over The Election Thread

David1967

Premium Member
I'm looking forward to an end to the political ads. Its so bad in Iowa, we've taken to blaming Theresa Greenfield and Joni Ernst for everyday negative home occurrences... Toilet clogged? Joni Ernst is probably behind it. Out of flour? Surely Theresa Greenfield took it.

Now who will we blame?
I do look forward to turning on the TV and not seeing political adds for a while.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do look forward to turning on the TV and not seeing political adds for a while.
Aye, Obama keeps appearing on my TV to tell me
something about them trying to take my power.
I'd rather see him hawking burgers or bacon.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Election...yeah....very exciting...no really
WT0hJgA.gif

David1967

Premium Member
Well speaking as one who is disinterested, dispassionate, unaroused, unmoved, indifferent, nonpartisan, lackadaisical, and frankly Scarlet I don’t give a damn...... I think it is time for a good Brandy or a mediocre Cognac.....

261161-1600x1030-how-drink-brandy-right-way.jpg
Are bears more dangerous on alcohol?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Depends where you get your information from. I don't vote republican because I'm in the middle class.
Status quo = Republicans vs Democrats. It's pretty obvious. They are the only political parties welcomed at the debates. Status quo.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Status quo = Republicans vs Democrats. It's pretty obvious. They are the only political parties welcomed at the debates. Status quo.
So change the system. You either believe America is at a tipping point or do not. Your vote is pointless in that situation. The presidency isn't as important as controlling congress.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Are bears more dangerous on alcohol?

actually, never thought of it....never thought a bear could be MORE dangerous.......possibly a goal to shoot for......hmmm something to ponder...over a nice Brandy

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm looking forward to having room in my recycling bin again...

...and the bleeping phone calls!

Those who want those things don't get them.... I've been dying to obnoxiously talk someone's ear off, and my buddy's been waiting to argue that the whole system should be scraped, and the monarchy reinstated. He hasn't gotten any calls either.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I voted over an hour ago, so why aren't the results in, yet?

I then proceeded to buy a cheeseburger, maybe the last one I'll have before this country is destroyed and turned under like plowed soil! This could be the end. Will the anti-cheeseburger party win? I do not know.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I voted over an hour ago, so why aren't the results in, yet?

During the last election, my son(then ten), had a terrible awakening. He knew I had penciled in Alice Cooper, and while watching the election news(he's a strange child, always been fascinated with politics), he was getting upset, and said "its a good thing you voted for Alice Cooper, mom! I don't want these guys to get it!" I had to point out that despite my vote, Alice Cooper would indeed not be our next president... and he had a meltdown. Mom couldn't fix this problem...

He'd watch one get ahead, and get distressed, and then he'd get distressed by the next candidate getting ahead... It was awful stress for him. No matter who won, he was going to have a president he vehemently disliked...

I think a lot of people feel that way. It was just an awfully young age to learn that lesson...

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
During the last election, my son(then ten), had a terrible awakening. He knew I had penciled in Alice Cooper, and while watching the election news(he's a strange child, always been fascinated with politics), he was getting upset, and said "its a good thing you voted for Alice Cooper, mom! I don't want these guys to get it!" I had to point out that despite my vote, Alice Cooper would indeed not be our next president... and he had a meltdown. Mom couldn't fix this problem...

He'd watch one get ahead, and get distressed, and then he'd get distressed by the next candidate getting ahead... It was awful stress for him. No matter who won, he was going to have a president he vehemently disliked...

I think a lot of people feel that way. It was just an awfully young age to learn that lesson...
Yes, they set the bar exceptionally low this year.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Kanye West was on the ballot in my state. I thought about voting for him, but I didn't know much about him except that he was a famous singer. Pretty cool though to see a famous singer on the ballot. I liked that.