• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The night I stopped Praying: Kabbalah, Prayer & Divination

yuvgotmel

The night I stopped praying:

I was in my darkened office praying, pleading and asking for help from “god.” At some point, I stopped speaking and immediately heard and recognized what had just been spoken. Indeed, I heard “god” having spoken with my own voice. After that, I had nothing more to say…at least in the way of “prayer.”

Prayer is, to me, the union of two hemispheres (of the human brain); and it also relates to the outward expression of interlocking the right and left hands during prayer. It is the communion of self with higher self—right and left—heaven and earth—conscious and subconscious—and so on.
“When you are praying, imagine God speaking with you, teaching and conducting you. You receive his words in awe, trembling, and sweat. Contemplate that everything God teaches humanity is infinite, yet thought expands and ascends to her origin. Upon reaching there, she is topped and can ascend no further.

By way of parable: a spring of water emerging from its source. If you dig beneath it, to prevent the water spreading out in all directions, the water will rise to the level of the source and no further. Similarly, thought can ascend no higher than her origin.

If you dare to contemplate that to which thought cannot expand and ascend, you will not escape one of two consequences. From forcing thought to grasp that which cannot be comprehended, your soul will ascend, be severed, and return to her root, or else your mind will become confused.”

“The Essential Kabbalah: The Heart of Jewish Mysticism” by Daniel C. Matt, page 130

Gazing into the water is like gazing into a mirror.
See this thread for more methods of divination such as Hydromancy: http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47819

“ ‘As I was among the exiles on the River Kevar, the heavens opened and I saw visions of God.’

As Ezekiel was gazing at the river, Holiness opened the seven heavens for him, and he saw the Power.

A parable has been told. To what can this be compared? To someone who went to the barber. The barber cut his hair and handed him a mirror. As he was looking in the mirror, the king was passing by. He saw the king and his entourage in the mirror as they passed the doorway. The barber exclaimed, ‘Turn around! See the king!’ He replied, ‘I’ve already seen him in the mirror.’

So, Ezekiel was standing on the River Kevar. As he was gazing at the water, the seven heavens were opened for him and he saw the Glory of Holiness, along with celestial creatures, ministering angels, bands of angels, seraphs, and angels with sparkling wings, all joined to the heavenly chariot. As they were passing through heaven, Ezekiel saw them reflected in the water. As it is written, ‘on the River Kevar,’ the River of Already.”

“The Essential Kabbalah: The Heart of Jewish Mysticism” by Daniel C. Matt, page 126