• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The next Civil War

F1fan

Veteran Member
I usually adapt to circumstances that present a danger.

For me, a civil war always, in order to succeed, needs and requires the proper capability and logistics aside from adequate and competent leadership to carry things out.
As noted in the interview I posted above the modern civil war is more of a guerrilla war, like Tim McVey. The FBI is getting data that suggests more home making bombs are of interest. So we could see bombings or shootings become a norm if we don't secure our democracy.

If you have none of that, it's ill advised to act in ways that accomplishes little more than skirmishes at best. It's best to wait or just not do it at all.
Well, the Jan 6 attack had plans and leadership. And we know individuals can act on their own via influence from extremist rhetoric. I suspect many right wing extremists are hoping the GOP can rig the elections with the measures they are using now in a legal way. As we know the GOP have been sued in come places including Texas for extreme gerrymandering of districts to interfere with fair representation of the population. Democrats are doing it in California, too. It is a problem of bad faith politics where a majority gets full control over how we conduct elections. I suggest partisan committees be in charge of any district mapping and running elections.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
An expert in studying civil wars around the planet predicts the USA is on the brink of a civil war. She said this tends to happen in nations where there is a strong political element that is becoming more and more extreme, and the members are finding themselves threatened to become a minority of the population. These two elements define the current GOP and conservative voters.

She also stated that the looming civil war in the USA won't be delineated by state lines, but ideological lines. So there won't be defined, armed sides fighting like we are used to, or expect. What she stated will be a more clandestine war, attacks on prominent people and bombings against organizations. The FBI is seeing warning signs of an increase in homemade bombs, and more bomb making videos and instructions being shared online. The Jan 6 attacks has been the largest example of this civil war.

Should law enforcement do more work to investigate people buying materials that could be used for bombs, and do more to investigate threats by more angry and extremist people?
I am not an expert.

Has she accounted for the wealth factor? The war between the states was started by wealthy factions: plantation vs. manufacturing. It was the plantations which saw their profits in danger, and they made all the wheels turn including the corruption of religious people towards plantation aims.

Has she accounted for the internet? Most poor or middle class people in civil wars rely upon word of mouth and newspapers. They are the footsoldiers of civil war, the unknowing zombies sent to kill one another. One common feature of civil wars that I have ever heard of was that they don't have anything like the internet and the speed with which it delivers news. They happen in areas where people don't really have a way to know what is going on.

While we do have some echo chambers we don't have the same situation as what happens in most civil wars. Consider the closest possible equivalent: the Catholic vs. Protestant situation in Ireland. That was fueled partially by nationality and the desire to reunite a country but by ignorance. The people in the South didn't have an easy way to talk to people in the North. They had to reason their way out of the war, and they didn't feel connected to the other side.

USA is divided in families. Families are not units which agree upon issues. We disagree with our own relatives, and there's almost always at least one close relative we disagree with on the main issues. That doesn't sound like a civil war in the making.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I am not an expert.

Has she accounted for the wealth factor? The war between the states was started by wealthy factions: plantation vs. manufacturing. It was the plantations which saw their profits in danger, and they made all the wheels turn including the corruption of religious people towards plantation aims.

Has she accounted for the internet? Most poor or middle class people in civil wars rely upon word of mouth and newspapers. They are the footsoldiers of civil war, the unknowing zombies sent to kill one another. One common feature of civil wars that I have ever heard of was that they don't have anything like the internet and the speed with which it delivers news. They happen in areas where people don't really have a way to know what is going on.

While we do have some echo chambers we don't have the same situation as what happens in most civil wars. Consider the closest possible equivalent: the Catholic vs. Protestant situation in Ireland. That was fueled partially by nationality and the desire to reunite a country but by ignorance. The people in the South didn't have an easy way to talk to people in the North. They had to reason their way out of the war, and they didn't feel connected to the other side.

USA is divided in families. Families are not units which agree upon issues. We disagree with our own relatives, and there's almost always at least one close relative we disagree with on the main issues. That doesn't sound like a civil war in the making.
You should watch this interview, Very interesting. The interview I saw the day before yesterday she said that the most prevalent indicator of a civil war is when there is a group that has traditionally had a majority and they are going to lose it will radicalize. She brought up Aparthied as an example of whites trying to hold onto power despite the black voters gaining more influence. It was de Klerc who saved South Africa from a civil war by opening voting to the black population. Mandela was released from prison, and he soon after was elected president of South Africa.

Her point is that there are white conservatives in the USA who are facing the likelihood of being the minority within 20 years due to population growth of minorities, and their power waning as a result. The natural way to maintain power as a minority group is to take power and affect changes to voting so that the minority whites will retain control. This has been a goal of republicans for over a decade, since Obama was elected.

Republicans are getting more brazen about this conspiracy against voters as the white voters are fine with this unethical and anti-democratic plan.