• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Newbie in more ways than one!

Dr. Mahlek

Hello all!

New to the forum, very happy to find it. Had a quick glance and it seems pretty friendly.

Also getting back into religion after a long spell of agnosticism. The fundamentalist side I saw too frequently put me off of religion when I was younger, but I’ve come to a philosophical and metaphorical interpretation of religions and the stories associated to them.

I was brought up a Catholic, and still hold great respect for its teachings.

Heathenry has attracted me for a while, and after reading some literature around the reconstructionist movement and it’s asocciation to nature and the lack of guilt enticed me.

Cannot wait to chat to you guys!

Last edited:

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Hello all!

New to the forum, very happy to find it. Had a quick glance and it seems pretty friendly.

Also getting back into religion after a long spell of agnosticism. The fundamentalist side I saw too frequently put me off of religion when I was younger, but I’ve come to a philosophical and metaphorical interpretation of religions and the stories associated to them.

Heathenry has attracted me for a while, and after reading some literature around the reconstructionist movement and it’s asocciation to nature and the lack of guilt enticed me.

GREETINGS! HAVE FUN!

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Hello all!

Welcome to the forums!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

A doctor, eh.....I have this pain in my right shoulder.
What's up with that?

Now, join us for breakfast in the RF cafeteria...
BeefRibs5.jpg

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Greetings and salutations. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Just curious...there are teachings in Catholicism conflict with those of Heathenry. How do you reconcile the two?

Dr. Mahlek

Too many to quote!

Thank you all for the welcome! Apologies for being a (budding) Godless Heathen! I’m already afraid, and I’m looking forward to the breakfast!

Greetings and salutations. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Just curious...there are teachings in Catholicism conflict with those of Heathenry. How do you reconcile the two?

I don’t! I do not claim to be a Catholic, I haven’t been one for a while. Original Sin to me sounds far too similar to collective responsibility, but even worse.

But I don’t want to bash anyone’s faith. I respect many elements of Catholicism.

Aldrnari

Welcome! :D

Curious, but what made you take the leap from agnostic to Heathen? Which books did you find the most helpful/useful? Thanks!

Last edited:

Dr. Mahlek

Welcome to the fora. As long as you do my bidding, you'll be accepted here.;)
Well I’m in for a rough ride, taking the knee isn’t my strong suit
Welcome! :D

Curious, but what made you take the leap from agnostic to Heathen? Which books did you find the most helpful/useful? Thanks!
At first it was just reading about the cultures of the Anglo-Saxons and the Viking age history, which branched into me reading the Poetic Edda.

I didn’t understand it so I read the Seed of Yiggdrasil. After that it resonated with me.