• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The new testament (Learning)

Nimos

So I just completed watching a series of lectures about the new testament. (26 lectures ~ 50 minutes each) from the open Yale studies library.

About the Course

This course provides a historical study of the origins of Christianity by analyzing the literature of the earliest Christian movements in historical context, concentrating on the New Testament. Although theological themes will occupy much of our attention, the course does not attempt a theological appropriation of the New Testament as scripture. Rather, the importance of the New Testament and other early Christian documents as ancient literature and as sources for historical study will be emphasized. A central organizing theme of the course will focus on the differences within early Christianity (-ies).

Link to course: Introduction to the New Testament History and Literature | Open Yale Courses

Personally I think it was very good and give a lot of information about how to approach this topic, but also to put it into historical context. So thought I would share it here for others that might be interested as well and to learn something about how historians approach these texts.