• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Testament is not a Closed Canon.

John D. Brey

The New Testament is not a Canon of scripture.

The only closed canon is the Pentateuch. All other scripture is commentary on the Pentateuch and should not be considered "closed," or a "canon."

The New Testament drew first blood. It was written, codified, and falsely canonized before the Talmud followed suit.

John

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I dunno 'bout that.
Most of the N.T. is considered canon from what I've dug up.
Go here if ya like for a list of canon.
Biblical canon - Wikipedia

What do you mean by "falsely" canonized?
A bold claim.
Your accreditation is???????????

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The Talmud is the 'answer' to the New Testament. some prefer it, ok.

Somewhat ironic, because some would have preferred more closed canon. Can't say that I think a continuous canon for all Christians makes sense.
It isn't like it has stopped new canon /churches from being introduced. Not sure what ''closed canon'' means to anyone who disagrees.

John 12:19

Codified text was consequential to the fact that so many people followed Jesus.

12jtartar

Premium Member
John D. Brey,
I am very glad to find out this information. All scholars I have ever heard must have been crazy. Now, list your long list of credentials so that I can inform of your truth. I know they will want to study more of your wisdom, seeing that they have wasted thousands of hour of their life, only to find your greater knowledge has made their life useless.
Of course it is very wise to see exactly what the Bible says about other writings, Galatians 1:6-9. Here we find that the Bible tells us that ANY other writing is accursed, s are the writers.
The apostles were the authority in the first century, and they knew exactly which writings belonged in the Bible. No other books or writings were Inspired by God, nor could they be, because that would make the words of Galatians wrong.
I would advise everyone to stop looking for some other writings to believe, so that they can ignore The Holy Bible, because ANY other writings that claim to be Sacred, are ANATHEMA!!!

omega2xx

The only closed canon is the Pentateuch. All other scripture is commentary on the Pentateuch and should not be considered "closed," or a "canon."

The New Testament drew first blood. It was written, codified, and falsely canonized before the Talmud followed suit.

John

Talk is cheap, where is your evidence?

moorea944

John

All scripture is inspired by God. Or did I miss something.....

pearl

The apostles were the authority in the first century, and they knew exactly which writings belonged in the Bible.

The Apostles, while apostolic tradition was important for acceptance, actually had nothing to do with selecting a canon. The authors names were attributed to the Gospels by the Church, since, with the possible exception of John they were anonymously written by their communities that followed. If Marcion had his way the canon would consist of selected writings of Paul and the gospel of Luke, as he rejected entirely the Old Testament.

John D. Brey

I dunno 'bout that.
Most of the N.T. is considered canon from what I've dug up.
Go here if ya like for a list of canon.
Biblical canon - Wikipedia

What do you mean by "falsely" canonized?
A bold claim.
Your accreditation is???????????

The Pentateuch is Divine Revelation. Everything else can be divinely inspired, but is not itself direct revelation from God.

Christians seem to believe that the tradition codified in the NT is Divine Revelation like the Pentateuch, and perhaps of even a higher order than the Pentateuch. . . . . I'm suggesting that's a gross error that has not only enfeebled the Church as offspring of God, but which has made many Jews reject the Jewish tradition codified in the NT because of the gross error involved in the wrong-headed attempt to pit the Jewish scripture wrongly called a "New Testament" against the Pentateuch which is then called the "Old Testament."

Before many of the errors being spoken of occurred, the Jewish tradition codified in the so-called New Testament was known as the "Gospels and Apostolic writings." These scriptures should be part of the Tanakh and not opposed to the Pentateuch; but merely a unique form of commentary on the Pentateuch.

Jews and Christians have been severely handcuffed because of the events that distorted the Gospels and Apostolic Writings into a new Divine Revelation set against the Pentateuch.

The Jews who rejected the Gospels and Apostolic Writings because of the distorted understanding perpetrated by those who codified these writings into a competitor of the Pentateuch are hero's and not villains. . . Without their steadfastness, Judaism and Christianity could not move forward.

John

Last edited:

John D. Brey

John D. Brey,
I am very glad to find out this information. All scholars I have ever heard must have been crazy. Now, list your long list of credentials so that I can inform of your truth. I know they will want to study more of your wisdom, seeing that they have wasted thousands of hour of their life, only to find your greater knowledge has made their life useless.
Of course it is very wise to see exactly what the Bible says about other writings, Galatians 1:6-9. Here we find that the Bible tells us that ANY other writing is accursed, s are the writers.
The apostles were the authority in the first century, and they knew exactly which writings belonged in the Bible. No other books or writings were Inspired by God, nor could they be, because that would make the words of Galatians wrong.
I would advise everyone to stop looking for some other writings to believe, so that they can ignore The Holy Bible, because ANY other writings that claim to be Sacred, are ANATHEMA!!!

. . . Have you forgotten the "scholars" were opposed to a mere carpenter gallivanting around like he knew more than the "scholars"?

John

John D. Brey

All scripture is inspired by God. Or did I miss something.....

The Pentateuch is direct revelation from God without intermediation. Paul says the angels were mediators of the Pentateuch, but only in the sense of delivering it to earth. They don't necessarily even know what it means.

All scripture outside of the Pentateuch is interpretation of the Pentateuch. Every scripture to include the Gospels and Apostolic Writings are interpretation and commentary on the Pentateuch.

The Gospels and Apostolic Writings are just as much a part of the so-called "Old Testament" as is Zechariah and Malachi.

John

pearl

The Pentateuch is direct revelation from God without intermediation.

Moses was the intermediate. And all those who received inspiration, translated and put the oral traditions in writing, finally collected, redacted, into its final form. According to Rabbi Ishmael, the "Torah speaks the language of human beings."

Quoting from 'On the Kabbala and its Symbolism'
"With his daring statement that the actual revelation to Israel consisted only of the 'aleph', Rabbi Mendel transformed the revelation on Mount Sinai into a mystical revelation, pregnant with final meaning, but without specific meaning...It has to be translated into human language, and that is what Moses did. In this light every statement on which authority is grounded would become a human interpretation, however valid and exalted, of something that transcends it."

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The Pentateuch is direct revelation from God without intermediation. Paul says the angels were mediators of the Pentateuch, but only in the sense of delivering it to earth. They don't necessarily even know what it means.

All scripture outside of the Pentateuch is interpretation of the Pentateuch. Every scripture to include the Gospels and Apostolic Writings are interpretation and commentary on the Pentateuch.

The Gospels and Apostolic Writings are just as much a part of the so-called "Old Testament" as is Zechariah and Malachi.

John

I don't think so. Do you have any theories as to why you are correct?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Patently false. Your fiction is an argument, however, isn't backed by anything

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Rabbinical Judaism has it's codified tests, with it's interpretation thereof,
Jesus adherence has it's codified texts, with some disagreement on some added works /church disagreement/

That's all there is to it.

Specification as to prophecy/prophet adherence, so forth, has already been codified/ accepted