• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The new Matrix movie?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to all film buffs!

I hope you are enjoying your experience with us here on the forum today.

Has anyone seen the new Matrix movie?

What did you think?

I spoiled myself for once by viewing some YouTube "explanations" of the latest instalment!

So click on this clip if you have seen the movie already - when is it released? The clip says something about it being postponed for a long time due to the nasty virus?

Here is the clip - goes into FAR more detail than I was really expecting!

Enjoy!

Nimos

What did you think?

I spoiled myself for once by viewing some YouTube "explanations" of the latest instalment!

So click on this clip if you have seen the movie already - when is it released? The clip says something about it being postponed for a long time due to the nasty virus?

Enjoy!
Haven't seen it yet, but have heard that it should be pretty bad. However im not a massive fan of the matrix and the lore etc. So I might not be as rough on it as others, when I eventually see it.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What did you think?
I enjoyed it.

I also enjoyed the Critical Drinker's stern and hilariously condescending review of it. He absolutely trodd upon it and pointed out flaws in the plot, so that was fun, too. But watch the movie, first, and then watch his review later. Don't let him spoil the film.

There is a new kind of film, which let us call a 'Binge' film. Its a film meant to be seen sandwiched in or at the end of a series of films. This is one.

I enjoy the opening (which I shall not spoil), and I liked a lot of things in the film. This is a winding down movie. Its like a long denouement. It isn't a story of its own. Its intended to be viewed as one of four, as the fourth in a 4 movie binge. By the time you watch it you should be starting to get tired of Matrix movies. The third movie leaves you hanging, and you wonder what happens. So the fourth movie is like a cap on that.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

What did you think?

Enjoy!
Don't think you can resurrect this one.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Liked the original. Hated the two sequels. Had no plans to watch this one, assuming that it would suck.

Now the John Wick trilogy on the other hand... :thumbsup:

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I also enjoyed the Critical Drinker's stern and hilariously condescending review of it. He absolutely trodd upon it and pointed out flaws in the plot, so that was fun, too. But watch the movie, first, and then watch his review later. Don't let him spoil the film.
I love his reviews. I already figured it was going to suck hard, anyway. I'm not wasting my money on restarting my HBOMax subscription or a theater ticket for that trash.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I love his reviews. I already figured it was going to suck hard, anyway. I'm not wasting my money on restarting my HBOMax subscription or a theater ticket for that trash.
For me it was a lucky coincidence as I had just started a month of HBOmax. Me and the Matrix movies have a sort of connection that just happens. Spooky. I actually signed on to see something else like Doom Patrol's 2nd season. That may have been a few months ago. I signed on for something and don't at the moment remember which thing, but it wasn't the Matrix.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It was released on 12/22. I watched it on HBO Max on 12/23.

The Matrix has been my favorite movie since 1999, and the trilogy has always been my favorite movie series.

When I hear Resurrections was being made, my anticipation was high. As a result, I think my expectations were a bit high, as I've watched it about 3 times now, and while I enjoyed it, it fell a bit short of what I had hoped for.

That said, I still think it's an awesome movie compared to others that are out there.