• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Compost Bin's Here! The New Compost Bin's Here!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
BTW, gotta say, that’s a serious case of aggro you’ve got going on. I hope you channel it well.
Facts are facts. You have a rugby team. New Zealand has a team that trains against lions and declares their intents to exterminate, annihilate, obliterate and destroy their opponents before the game begins.

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Facts are facts. You have a rugby team. New Zealand has a team that trains against lions and declares their intents to exterminate, annihilate, obliterate and destroy their opponents before the game begins.

OK. I agree the All Blacks are awesome. New Zealanders are kind of honorary Aussies anyway.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Of course it's real. Most things there can and want to beat you, box you, bite you, strangle you, poison you, kill you, eat you, and people from there are crazy whackos who jump on alligators, pick up deadly snakes like they're sticks, dodge emu beaks while they tell the emus good day, wrestle lions to pet them like house cats, and catch sharks barehanded just to point all those teeth to people.
Hard lands breed hard people.

You bet! :D Not a place for sissies....:cool:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Tell me about, Rev. Tucker.
Because of Dr. Who, when I hear Soft Cell's cover of Tainted Love, I think about how everyone I hate and their composted rotting corpses will get blasted to smithereens when it's *pop* goes the sunshine.:D
Ewww! Your post makes me think of blowflies....yuck!!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I would like a compost bin if they were not all so gigantic. I live in a condo, so I really don't have the space for something that large without ticking off the neighbors.

So... instead I just throw bad veggies in my garden or front yard prairie to rot. Good enough, I guess. :sweat:

We use a kitchen bin in our small courtyard to rot down old veg. Its had some holes drilled in it for ventilation. Not as convenient in that it all has to be emptied to get to the good stuff at the bottom then the part rotted veg is shovelled back. A small inconvenience worth suffering for a small area

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Tell me about, Rev. Tucker.
Because of Dr. Who, when I hear Soft Cell's cover of Tainted Love, I think about how everyone I hate and their composted rotting corpses will get blasted to smithereens when it's *pop* goes the sunshine.:D

And then their atoms will be scattered about the galaxy, may possibly go to help make up some aliens food and end up as poop before the whole cycle starts again.

Ultimate composting

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wait a minute.....was that a slur on the Australiastan ingenuity?
Where is Revoltistan's superior version.....? C'mon
fighting0077.gif
lt's just a general slur against Australistan, which cannot possibly exist.
Just look at some of the unbelievable things alleged to live there....
- Kangaroos
- Platypusses
- Lewisnotmillers

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Of course it's real. Most things there can and want to beat you, box you, bite you, strangle you, poison you, kill you, eat you, and people from there are crazy whackos who jump on alligators, pick up deadly snakes like they're sticks, dodge emu beaks while they tell the emus good day, wrestle lions to pet them like house cats, and catch sharks barehanded just to point all those teeth to people.
Hard lands breed hard people.
Australistan is just a set used in Crocodile Dundee.
I'm thinking about making a movie honoring a Revoltistanian legend....
Possum McDoogle.
His superpower is the ability to freeze, & resemble a giant dead rat.

Milton Platt

After much consideration & research, I ordered an Aerobin 400 from Costco.
(Best price anywhere. Free delivery.)
Even though it's of Australistanian design, reviews are positive for those
of us who want minimum work with maximum effectiveness.
imageService

I've never had a bin. But I had the luxury of plenty of space for a gi-normous pile. I'm talking 20x40x6 feet. It is so bizarre that people go to the trouble of raking up leaf litter and lawn clippings, pay to have them hauled off, then go out and pay for fertilizers and soil amendments.

Milton Platt

My Nana never bothered with compost bins, didn't hav'em in her day....she just dug big holes in the garden and put all her scraps in it then covered it up and dug another hole somewhere else.....her veges were always awesome. :)

I have a pile, not a bin...but I bury kitchen craps like your Nana did, as well. Compost pile is for leaves, grass clippings, wood chips, etc.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I've never had a bin. But I had the luxury of plenty of space for a gi-normous pile. I'm talking 20x40x6 feet. It is so bizarre that people go to the trouble of raking up leaf litter and lawn clippings, pay to have them hauled off, then go out and pay for fertilizers and soil amendments.
I just leave lawn clippings, leaves, & tree trimmings on the lawn.
The mower evens things out.
Mr Compost Bin is for food waste & compostable paper products.
I use the compost for potting transplants.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And then their atoms will be scattered about the galaxy, may possibly go to help make up some aliens food and end up as poop before the whole cycle starts again.

Ultimate composting
I hate them. I dont want that going on. That new star sytems and cosmoc compost, thats the people I love.:cool:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Australistan is just a set used in Crocodile Dundee.
I'm thinking about making a movie honoring a Revoltistanian legend....
Possum McDoogle.
His superpower is the ability to freeze, & resemble a giant dead rat.
Real Australians ate Mike Dundee for a midnight snack.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
lt's just a general slur against Australistan, which cannot possibly exist.
Just look at some of the unbelievable things alleged to live there....
- Kangaroos
- Platypusses
- Lewisnotmillers
I know....right? :rolleyes:
The Roos are plentiful.....the platypuses are reclusive so we rarely see them....but the @lewisnotmiller (s) are an endangered species.

We are actually thinking of snaring the only one in existence here on RF, and placing him in a captive breeding program.....
Shhhhh now, don't tell him....we have a Louisenotmiller all ready to begin the program. :D I hope his wife will understand. :p