• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The new Athiest Humanities downfall?

Is the new Athiest Humanities downfall?

• Yes it is!

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • No it isn't!

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Yes but I will explain more.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No but I will explain more.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • I offer a different view.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The subject is more complex.

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Who are you trying to convince that those that don't believe God exists are humanities downfall?

I can not convince any person, they have their own choices in life.

The topic is for all to discuss, add to, or take from the discussion as each so chooses.

All comments we make shape our future.

Regards Tony

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".
Are people starting a new Athiest movement without really understanding where their thoughts might lead them to?
More like following. Ideology has the typical operation in most of simply their repetition of tenets/dogmatic following. Only a relative minority actively invent new ideological stuff (more harmful sorts like Ayn Rand or in the populist political instance Trump for example, who can invent entirely new illusions/notions).

So, from experience (my own, before I got past A. Rand about age 19-20), it's more like just an ideology they hear and then it feels at that time more compelling than their own previous thinking. (e.g. reading Rand about age 13, she seems compelling)

It's not really their own thing, for most.

Many will outgrow such ideologies.

(btw, perhaps you should edit "humanities" in the title into the correct "humanity's")

Last edited: