• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Need For Christian Symbolism on Government Property

Faithofchristian

Why do you think that is illegal? What law was he breaking? It's not illegal to contribute money to campaign against someone.

It is when it's another Country. But you'll complain about Russia interfering in our elections, But you see nothing wrong in Obama interfering in another country's elections.

Faithofchristian

Why does it matter if a black person had a slave first? White people in the south had far more slaves than any other race in the United States. It's probably like a million/1 shot.

Because it does Matter, when Whites are blamed in having slaves, When in fact it was a black man who first had black slaves in this Country.
So let's put things in it's proper order.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
It is when it's another Country. But you'll complain about Russia interfering in our elections, But you see nothing wrong in Obama interfering in another country's elections.
I never said I don't find anything wrong with it. It just wasn't illegal. As I said, Russia, otoh, unlike Obama, used illegal means.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Because it does Matter, when Whites are blamed in having slaves, When in fact it was a black man who first had black slaves in this Country.
So let's put things in it's proper order.
So, that one black man can be put on the list of people to blame, but that doesn't remove white slave owners from the list, so what's the difference? No one should be blamed for the actions of people in the past who happened to be the same race.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Your Right
That's what I been saying, Obama used Illegal means.
No, I said Obama did not use illegal means, but, Russia did. That is why what Obama did was not illegal, but Russia's actions were. It's not a double standard. It is simply a question of whether the means were illegal.

You have not provided any evidence suggesting what Obama did was illegal. Do you have any?

DavidFirth

You missed my edit:

Well, that's your opinion. Slavery was okay back then too. And women couldn't vote. Just because you're good with that, doesn't mean other people don't want to progress and make things better for everyone.

The First Amendment was passed on September 25, 1789 and ratified on December 15, 1791. Did you miss history class?

Edit: You indicated that there is some "popular belief" that there is no religious freedom in the US. I was wondering where you had heard such a thing.

I got a A+ in American History, thank you very much.

There is some popular belief in dragons and monsters. So what?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
To clear up things, That Whites we're not the first to have black slaves in this country.

But a black man named Anthony Johnson in 1662-70 was the first to have blacks as slaves in this country.

Whites are always put down for having black Slaves When in fact it was a black man who first had black slaves in this country.
What does this have to do with anything?

DavidFirth

There is popular opinion jc walked on water and returned from death. It can be shown to be popular opinion. In fact its so popular that 30% of the world population hold the opinion.

So what's the percentage of people who make belief in dragons and monsters into popular opinion.

I don't know. What's the percentage of people who believe in Santa Claus? Lots of children do.

You're arguing about nonsense with this sort of argument.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I got a A+ in American History, thank you very much.

Good for you. You must be very proud of yourself. Maybe you could address the point then. Or answer the question. Or anything.

You quoted a time period in which the First Amendment had not yet been passed, saying, “It already is better. It has been since 1776,” after stating that anyone who didn’t like it can just MOVE, instead of working to improve things. If the Founding Fathers had taken your advice, there wouldn’t even be an Establishment Clause. In other words, people worked to improve things from 1776 to 1789. If they had followed your advice they would have just given up and moved to some other country.

There is some popular belief in dragons and monsters. So what?

Oh good grief. Why does this have to be so difficult?

You made an assertion. I'm wondering on what basis you make such an assertion.

DavidFirth

Good for you. You must be very proud of yourself. Maybe you could address the point then. Or answer the question. Or anything.

You quoted a time period in which the First Amendment had not yet been passed, saying, “It already is better. It has been since 1776,” after stating that anyone who didn’t like it can just MOVE, instead of working to improve things. If the Founding Fathers had taken your advice, there wouldn’t even be an Establishment Clause. In other words, people worked to improve things from 1776 to 1789. If they had followed your advice they would have just given up and moved to some other country.

Oh good grief. Why does this have to be so difficult?

You made an assertion. I'm wondering on what basis you make such an assertion.

You mean you admit that you can't figure it out all by yourself? I'll bet you can if you really put your mind to it. :rolleyes:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't know. What's the percentage of people who believe in Santa Claus? Lots of children do.

You're arguing about nonsense with this sort of argument.

So not popular then. Glad you have the courage to admit your error

You are the one making the original statement on the subject, are you saying you want no disagreement with your dictatorial claim?