• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The need for a grand purpose/meaning

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am surprised at the sentence you wrote, given that under you username I read " Living Dead Girl".
It comes from the Rob Zombie song Living Dead Girl. Don't put much thought into it: It's just a song I like.
I don't agree with that. There are things more important than breathing and being alive.
There are, but just being alive should be enough to enjoy life. There isn't any reason someone should have to believe in an afterlife to enjoy this life. Even if it's just a sunset, the smell of flowers (if you don't have allergies), or the company of frieds there is much to enjoy in life without needing to believe in an afterlife and without resorting to a depressive nihilist state.

Sabour

It comes from the Rob Zombie song Living Dead Girl. Don't put much thought into it: It's just a song I like.

Got you, thx for clarifying.

There are, but just being alive should be enough to enjoy life. There isn't any reason someone should have to believe in an afterlife to enjoy this life. Even if it's just a sunset, the smell of flowers (if you don't have allergies), or the company of frieds there is much to enjoy in life without needing to believe in an afterlife and without resorting to a depressive nihilist state.

That is not how I view things.

If there is no afterlife, everything you are stating would become trivial because it is for a short period of time. At a certain point we will die, and if there is no purpose to life, I would the worst part of dying is that we may die at any minute. You may be working hard to achieve something for a number of years and when you are right there,, well you know. That is a terrible story for a person who believes that there is no real purpose for life.

I am also a person who has interest in the well being of a person, but I also have an interest in the meaning of life and give this the priority over anything.

The road to success for anything is a very hard road, why should the way for finding the truth be easy?

To better understand my point of view, here is a video I would like to share. Let me tell you it talks from an Islamic point of view