1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Nazi's,the Muslim Brotherhood and Palestine

Discussion in 'General Debates' started by England my lionheart, Mar 14, 2010.

1. AxisMundi

AxisMundi E Pluribus Unum!!!

Ratings:
    +109
    There is this thing that I tend to live by, it's called Personal Responsibility.

If Israel wants to act like a "rogue nation" then they should be treated like one.

Also, what stake does the US have if Israel lives or dies as a Nation?

None.

2. England my lionheart

England my lionheart Rockerjahili Rebel
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,322
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Opposition to all thats in the OP

3. AxisMundi

Ratings:
    +109
    You mean your questionable history lesson?

Sorry, that is not a good enough reason to ignore what Israel does and has done.

We enacted the Invade and Replace stradegy on Saddam for less.

4. England my lionheart

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,322
    Religion:
    Atheist
    So say the US withdraws support,how would ythings develop

5. AxisMundi

Ratings:
    +109
    As they might.

6. SkinnyCheruscian

Ratings:
    +4
    The Nazi-connections of Husseini are known, but what's the point of this? To prove that all Arabs are Nazis?

"England my..." you seem to think there are only two sides, black and white. However the truth is sometimes a bit more complex.

Nothing is gained by likening either side in the Palestine conflict to the Nazis. These comparisons are just wrong.

Anti-semitism is wrong and there is no excuse for it. However, the view that Islam is inherently anti-semitic is ahistorical and wrong. Political/racial anti-semitism in the Arabic world is an import from the West and recent. Religious antisemitism is found both in Islam and Christianity.

The Palestine problem started with the ottoman empire being on the wrong side of WWI. Arab Nationalism was encouraged by the British in order to fight the ottoman empire. The British however made promises to the zionist movement as well. It was clear from the beginning that there was no way to reconcile the contradictions of the Balfour delcaration (the creation of a Jewish state in Palestine without compromising the interests of the Arab Palestinians).

Both the zionist movement and the different Arab nationalist movements tried to find allies in the changing power politics before and after WWII. First between French and British interests, later between the two sides of the cold war. Obviously, the role of the Nazis in these geopolitical power games is very distasteful in hindsight - but there is a difference between having had contacts to Hitler before the war and holocaust denial today.

It is nonsense to compare Nasser to Husseini.

It was in my opinion one of the biggest mistakes of the West to portrait Naseer as the Arab Hitler. Which he certainly wasn't. Seeking a compromise with Nasser could have avoided a lot of the mess we are currently in - both for the West and Israel. Nasser's demands to Israel were not completely unreasonable (Terretorial questions that have meanwhile been resolved, and a solution to the Palesinian refuge problem, that everybody seems to have forgotten by now). Likening Nasser to Hitler was mere cold war propaganda of the 1950s and 1960s.

• Like Like x 1
  7. England my lionheart

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,322
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Indeed he was a torch for Arabs eveywhere

8. Caladan

Caladan Agnostic Pantheist

Ratings:
    +1,985
    Pure cheap demagogy. there are no extermination camps in Palestinian territories, there are no millions of Palestinians gassed, the mere fact that Israelis and Palestinians have negotiated and negotiate the creation of a Palestinian state tells us much.
    there is no systematic rounding up of Arabs in Israel. Arabs in Israel enjoy Arabic as an official language along Hebrew, they serve in the Parliament, and even served in sensitive positions such as ministers and ambassadors, Israel gave the right for Arab women to vote perhaps longer before all Arab nations, while there are still Arab nations who are struggling with this. you want to argue that there is discrimination go ahead. just like any minority is discriminated against in any part of the world. as for theocracy. Israel is no theocracy, it is officially a secular democracy, and by population is by far less religious than the US for example, with a study in the mid 90s pointing to over 30% of Israelis being atheists, and 37% together with agnostics, tell me, is anyong condemning these unbelievers to death for being apostates like in REAL theocracies? no! instead Israel recognizes gay marriage, and Tel Aviv is boasted as the gay capital of the middle east, hell I know, there's not much of a competition in the region.

Perhaps some other people, too, cover their ears, when there are programs such as these on Egyptian television:
    MEMRI: Faraeen TV Discussion of "The Protocols of the Elders of Zion" and Jewish Plot to Take Over the World

or when the television station claims that 150,000 or 30,000 Jews died in WWII, and they have in fact brought it on themselves:

MEMRI: Egyptian Researcher Sa'id Okasha Challenges Antisemitic Myths on Al-Faraeen TV

The fact that Mein Kampf, and the Protocols are best sellers is telling.
    did anyone equate Islam with Nazism? No. but the connection between radicals and the 'less radical', and even leaders of nations, or the ordinary people on the street is there, and it was never historically covered up. no to mention that the Iranian leadership is openly busy with holocaust denying, and organizing holocaust denying conferences right for the world to see.

Here are our lovely Hezballah fighters (the same Hezballah that banned The Diary of Anne Frank as 'Zionist propaganda'):

[​IMG]

#108 Caladan, Mar 19, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Caladan

Ratings:
    +1,985
    And now to get back ON topic.

The Turban and the Swastika is a documentary that was broadcast on Arte, French-German TV which also distributes its program in other places in the EU such as Belgium, Austria, the Netherlands and Switzerland and also reaches places outside Europe, such as Canada and Australia. the documentary includes an interview with Amina Al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti's daughter, it explores the history of the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem from his appointment by the British through the German-sponsored uprising in the late 1930's and to the close cooperation between the Mufti and the Nazis.

The Turban and the Swastika whole film on Vimeo

10. England my lionheart

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,322
    Religion:
    Atheist
  11. AxisMundi

Ratings:
    +109
    Hitler wanted the Jewish race exterminated.

Islam, to quote Iran, wants "The Jews pushed into the sea" meaning the elimination of Israel and the return of Israeli lands to it's 1940's Arab owners.

World of difference.

12. dust1n

dust1n Zindīq

Ratings:
    +4,740
    Religion:
    Post-Anarchism Austin, TX
    But Israel's survival is in the hand's of America?

13. Caladan

Ratings:
    +1,985
    I didn't know American soldiers are taking bullets in the Palestinian territories.

14. dust1n

dust1n Zindīq

Ratings:
    +4,740
    Religion:
    Nope, but we make the bullets.

Not to mention, we are busy killing our own Arabs.

15. Caladan

Ratings:
    +1,985
    And? its pure American profit, large nations like the USA and Russia have been global arms providers. with the US selling both Israel and Arab nations state of the art military technology.

16. England my lionheart

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,322
    Religion:
    Atheist
    I wonder if the OP was a waste of time,Pan Islamic Nationalism wants the Jewish people gone,bfore Husseini their was no problem between Arab Muslims,Arab Christians Zoroastians or any other ians and the Jewish people.

17. England my lionheart

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,322
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Our own Arabs?

18. dust1n

dust1n Zindīq

Ratings:
    +4,740
    Religion:
    Iraqis, Afghanis, Pakistanis, and what not.

19. dust1n

dust1n Zindīq

Ratings:
    +4,740
    Religion:

Do you not see an ethical dilemma with this?

20. Mr Spinkles

Ratings:
    +1,676
    Pakistanis and Afghans are not Arabs and about 1/3 of Iraqis, the Kurds, are not Arabs.

• Like Like x 1