• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Nazca Lines and Arrogant Evolutionary Bias

outhouse

Atheistically
Not particularly. The actual explanations for their "unexplained phenomena" are generally already known and well-supported.

Quite a few of the claims made on the show are complete fabrications. (Pumapunku being made of diorite, for instance)

And the rest of it is one big appeal to ignorance. "Science can't explain, therefore aliens."

LOL I got caught thinking like that LOL [diorite] thanks to them, painted wolf caught me there. [thank you]

while the majority of the large blocks are sandstone, alot of the finishing blocks are of harder material.

PolyHedral

Superabacus Mystic
I'm not saying his hair is because of aliens...

giorgio-aliens-tsoukalos-totally-looks-like-londo-mollari-babylon.jpg

but it's aliens.

wa:do
I bet Giorgio doesn't look as stunning in purple, though. ;)

Firepac

If you need surgery to cause serious brain damage, then you aren't drinking enough. I'll pay for your Everclear and rum 151. Take two bottles a night for weekdays, and PRN on weekends.

To lower yourself to creationist level drinking alone probably isn't enough. A lobotomy is most definintely necessary.

cablescavenger

Excerpts from an AiG article on the Nazca Lines.
"It’s a bird! It’s a monkey! It’s a whale? Wait, no. It’s all of the above! It’s the Nazca Lines! The what? If you’ve heard of these geoglyphs, you know they’re quite the mystery to archaeologists and most other experts. Discovered by accident from an airplane in 1927, their purpose remains a conundrum. Plenty of fantastical and plain ideas abound from UFO landing zones to religious rituals. Who knows? Maybe it was some rebellious Nazca teen’s version of graffiti. One thing is sure. The complexity of these lines defies the evolutionary assumption of primitive ancestors."

_________________________________________________________________________________

Some have even ranked the lines in an order of complexity. The idea is that they started with straight lines, and then, as their knowledge of geometry grew, so did the complexity of the shapes—trapezoids, zigzags, spirals, and then finally animal and plant shapes. But this idea is based on the assumption that the Nazcas had no prior knowledge of geometry and/or land surveying. However, this is an unfounded assumption based mostly on evolutionary presuppositions.

_________________________________________________________________________________

As new information arises, certain theories are disproven, and certain theories are given further credence. But most archaeologists, if not all, will admit that there is no way to know absolutely and exactly what the purposes of the Nazca Lines were since we don’t have all the information. This honest and candid approach to archaeology is what science should be about. Unfortunately, this open-minded approach is rare in evolutionists when it comes to their dogmatic (religious) stance on the history of the earth.

Conclusion

When taking a closer look at the Nazca Lines and putting aside arrogant evolutionary bias, it becomes clear the Nazcas were not primitive at all but rather intelligent civil engineers.
source

Once again AiG is appealing to the lowest* common denominator in the creationist gene pool.
That said, I invite any and all to comment on these rather amusing statements.

EDITED TO ADD * Or is it the highest? Hmmmm.

They have good reason to be afraid....

evil1.jpg