• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the natural organic reduction process

pearl

I have never heard of this before, anyone familiar with the process?

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg.jpg

Would it be considered a better alternative to cremation?

California legalizes human composting bill against Catholic bishops’ opposition | America Magazine

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

California legalizes human composting bill against Catholic bishops’ opposition | America Magazine

I love that this is an option. What a wonderful way to give back your body to nature in a way that is environmentally friendly. It's a beautiful recognition of the circle of life.

As per usual, Catholic leadership's objections to this harmless (in fact, helpful) individual choice are wrong-headed and silly.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara

"In the letter, Domingo likened natural organic reduction to methods of disposal of livestock, “not as a means of human burial.” "

For me, this speaks volumes, but then christians think humans are of greater inherent worth than the rest of the animal kingdom. A dead body is a dead body, the species is irrelevant.

Would it be considered a better alternative to cremation?...

I wouldn't call that natural. :D

Why not just bury the person in traditional way? Much more natural and ecological.