• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The NAACP Owes Donald Trump an Apology

The President of the NAACP Owes Trump an Apology if Jussie Smollett Lied

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, but if you are going to assign the left to individual actions you might as well assign it to me.
I wonder....when was the last time you spoke up for me when
some leftie said that Trump voters are misogynist racists?
Of course not all liberals (eg, @Quetzal) are hate filled.
But the group does tend to be illiberal & intolerant these days.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
You're in the tribe, some unacceptable beliefs notwithstanding.
Get over yourself, kiltboy.
I've gotten booted out of the "Liberal Only" "Discuss Individual Religion" forums much more often than the "Conservative Only" DIR.

Perhaps I should've spoken more slowly.
You could just say something that makes more sense and doesn't rely so heavily on false equivalency.
I am no longer holding my breath after all these years.
Tom

Curious George

Veteran Member
I wonder....when was the last time you spoke up for me when
some leftie said that Trump voters are misogynist racists?
Of course not all liberals (eg, @Quetzal) are hate filled.
But the group does tend to be illiberal & intolerant these days.
Lol the old two wrongs make a right.

I needn't stick up for anyone. I would agree with you that there is plenty of anti-Trump and anti-Trump voter propaganda. But that is irrelevant to the point at hand.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Get over yourself, kiltboy.
I'm kiltless today.
I've gotten booted out of the "Liberal Only" "Discuss Individual Religion" forums much more often than the "Conservative Only" DIR.
Restricted forums are more about cliques than beliefs.
You just offended the wrong people.
(It's so easy to do.)
You could just say something that makes more sense and doesn't rely so heavily on false equivalency.
I am no longer holding my breath after all these years.
Tom
"False equivalency" is a liberal shiboleth.

Audie

Veteran Member
It is rather amazing how the Trumpettes clutch so furiously at this one thin straw. The reason that Jussie's attack seemed possible was due to the increased race and sexual orientation attacks which appears to be tied rather strongly to conservative elements. There are serious problems out there for the world of conservatives. To a lesser degree the same problems occur for the left, but when one side is attacking people for more than the other side that is the one that needs to be dealt with first. At the very worst the NAACP needs to admit that this one example was not a case of a hate crime. That does not make the raised level of those crimes go away.

One thin straw you say, and in a snarky style that would
credit any creationist.

The reason that Jussie's attack seemed possible was due to the increased race and sexual orientation attacks

So you choose to say.

Could it be that like with our fundies, people believe what
they want to believe, AND, that the huge uptick in fraudulent
"hate crime" reports is a form of aggression, a way to attack
the "other side?

Here’s A List Of Hoax ‘Hate Crimes’ In The Trump Era

fakehatecrimes.org

You can slam my possibly biased sources after you
find a falsehood, if you do

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Lol the old two wrongs make a right.
I never said you're wrong.
I just wondered if you ever defended someone of a different tribe.
Obama, pro-lifers, & all sorts I disagree with...I've stuck up for them
at times when they've been wrongly attacked. So I was curious
about your standards being limited or broadly applied.
I needn't stick up for anyone.
But you were just now.
I would agree with you that there is plenty of anti-Trump and anti-Trump voter propaganda. But that is irrelevant to the point at hand.
This thread is all about propaganda, ie, this apparently
phony attack used for anti-Trump propaganda.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I never said you're wrong.
I just wondered if you ever defended someone of a different tribe.
Obama, pro-lifers, & all sorts I disagree with...I've stuck up for them
at times when they've been wrongly attacked. So I was curious
about your standards being limited or broadly applied.
Most all of you are part of one tribe or another that I have membership. So I think your question is misguided. However, in the sense you are referring, yes I have stuck up for others who are also different than myself.
But you were just now.
Was, I?
This thread is all about propaganda, ie, this apparently
phony attack used for anti-Trump propaganda.
I agree with that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Most all of you are part of one tribe or another that I have membership. So I think your question is misguided. However, in the sense you are referring, yes I have stuck up for others who are also different than myself.

Was, I?

I agree with that.
This is the most detente I can recall having with you in a long while.
Woo hoo!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It is rather amazing how the Trumpettes clutch so furiously at this one thin straw. The reason that Jussie's attack seemed possible was due to the increased race and sexual orientation attacks which appears to be tied rather strongly to conservative elements. There are serious problems out there for the world of conservatives. To a lesser degree the same problems occur for the left, but when one side is attacking people for more than the other side that is the one that needs to be dealt with first. At the very worst the NAACP needs to admit that this one example was not a case of a hate crime. That does not make the raised level of those crimes go away.

Seems many of us have forgotten the 60's and 70's...

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
One thin straw you say, and in a snarky style that would
credit any creationist.

The reason that Jussie's attack seemed possible was due to the increased race and sexual orientation attacks

So you choose to say.

Could it be that like with our fundies, people believe what
they want to believe, AND, that the huge uptick in fraudulent
"hate crime" reports is a form of aggression, a way to attack
the "other side?

Here’s A List Of Hoax ‘Hate Crimes’ In The Trump Era

fakehatecrimes.org

You can slam my possibly biased sources after you
find a falsehood, if you do
I already linked an article about how for three years the rate of hate crimes has increased. With more real crimes one would expect to see an increase in false reports as well. Real hate crimes still vastly outnumber the fake ones:

Hate Crimes Increase for the Third Consecutive Year, F.B.I. Reports

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Seems many of us have forgotten the 60's and 70's...

Wow, you want to go back to that level of crime? When a stat has been improving over the years it is pretty weak when you have to say "well it was worse over a generation ago". I would hope that we continually improve.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I dont care to play dueling websites, but in the event,
you did not actually address what I said.;
I looked at the list of fraudulent hate crimes and some were examples of errors, not frauds. The site tries to artificially inflate the number of fake hate crimes to give their argument some merit. Yes, there is some anti-Trump hate that will lead to fake reports. And some people will try to take advantage of hate crimes to their own advantage. That does not negate the fact that actual hate crimes have gone up. The fake hate crimes are also a symptom of the times.

Audie

Veteran Member
I looked at the list of fraudulent hate crimes and some were examples of errors, not frauds. The site tries to artificially inflate the number of fake hate crimes to give their argument some merit. Yes, there is some anti-Trump hate that will lead to fake reports. And some people will try to take advantage of hate crimes to their own advantage. That does not negate the fact that actual hate crimes have gone up. The fake hate crimes are also a symptom of the times.

Would you like to give a definition of "hate crime" as used by
the FBI?

Burning a church, grabbing a hijab, tie up and leave in
burning house? (all fake stories)

Are you sure you addressed what I said? I dont think so.
It is, for just one, a hell of a lot more than your (false)
"one thin straw".

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Would you like to give a definition of "hate crime" as used by
the FBI?

Burning a church, grabbing a hijab, tie up and leave in
burning house? (all fake stories)

Are you sure you addressed what I said? I dont think so.
It is, for just one, a hell of a lot more than your (false)
"one thin straw".

You do realize that the fake crimes would not be included in the stats. If those events did happen, and I will grant that they did not, then they could qualify as hate crimes. Perhaps we are both not being clear.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Real hate crimes still vastly outnumber the fake ones:
Hate Crimes Increase for the Third Consecutive Year, F.B.I. Reports

Interesting that in 2017 only about %50 of identified hate crime perpetrators were white while a little over %20 were identified as black. If we look at the racial makeup of the U.S. in 2017 it will show that blacks disproportionately commit more hate crimes than whites, it also shows that whites are disproportionately less likely to commit hate crimes than other races.