• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The mystery of time solved?

questfortruth

There are two competing theories about time. The most simple one is Newton's. He considered time as a parameter. But in parameter space then, we exist and are feeling ourselves in all time-line, from past to future. Why then I feel myself (being in the past and future) being only now, i.e., in 2019 AC?

I, M.Sci. Dmitri Martila, propose the following solution to this logical paradox: we can feel ourselves being omnipresent. Latter can explain the Déjà vu effect. Déjà vu - Wikipedia

We are living in 4-dimensional nature, according to Einstein. Why then are we 3-dimensional beings? Therefore, start the motion to omnipresence by considering your action plans and decisions as part of yourself. The film Lucy (2014) is more real, then one can think then:

Are notions of past, present, future scientific? Not yet, because the present has no scientific definition. Any human feels himself being in present; thus, the entire spacetime is the position of today. But we must not think of our past-present-future feeling as of illusion. The departure from the present day is called Nirvana in Buddhism. Such Nirvana is not something great, but just plain and simple solipsism. We must embrace today we must live in the present because omnipresent God lives only in the present. He is PRESENT everywhere. ``Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.'' Matthew 6:34. ``You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.'' Matthew 25:21.

Last edited:

PruePhillip

This is scarcely scientific. When Einstein said we are in 4 dimensions he
meant that we need to consider time as a dimension. If so then humans
too are "four dimensional" beings.
We simply don't know what time is.

David T

Premium Member
There are two competing theories about time. The most simple one is Newton's. He considered time as a parameter. But in parameter space then, we exist and are feeling ourselves in all time-line, from past to future. Why then I feel myself (being in the past and future) being only now, i.e., in 2019 AC?

I, M.Sci. Dmitri Martila, propose the following solution to this logical paradox: we can feel ourselves being omnipresent. Latter can explain the Déjà vu effect. Déjà vu - Wikipedia

We are living in 4-dimensional nature, according to Einstein. Why then are we 3-dimensional beings? Therefore, start the motion to omnipresence by considering your action plans and decisions as part of yourself. The film Lucy (2014) is more real, then one can think then:

"We are living in 4-dimensional nature,"

No

We can absract as humans reality into 4 dimensions or more for that matter. A tree doesnt do this therefore Einstiens statement is not reality.

I think the statement the map is not the territory is extremely applicable. The model is not reality. I work in 3D rhino i know the difference between my models of a building and the actual building.

Einstien is talking about the capacity to abstractively model reality, not reality which is singular.

Is Darwins tree a singular tree or a multiplicity? EVOLUTIONARY theory is extremely dependent on singular. The only species on the that tree undertanding multiple dimensions as is reality is the nut. I dont pay attention to the nut its pretty stupid.

598px-Darwins_first_tree (3).jpg

Bob the Unbeliever

Time is a part of space. The passage of time? Is an artifact of thinking and memory.

It may, in fact, not exist as we think it does...

questfortruth

Time is a part of space. The passage of time? Is an artifact of thinking and memory.

It may, in fact, not exist as we think it does...
Are notions of past, present, future scientific? Not yet, because the present has no scientific definition. Any human feels himself being in present; thus, the entire spacetime is the position of today. But we must not think of our past-present-future feeling as of illusion. The departure from the present day is called Nirvana in Buddhism. Such Nirvana is not something great, but just plain and simple solipsism. We must embrace today we must live in the present because omnipresent God lives only in the present. He is PRESENT everywhere. ``Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.'' Matthew 6:34. ``You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.'' Matthew 25:21.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

Are notions of past, present, future scientific? Not yet, because the present has no scientific definition. Any human feels himself being in present; thus, the entire spacetime is the position of today. But we must not think of our past-present-future feeling as of illusion. The departure from the present day is called Nirvana in Buddhism. Such Nirvana is not something great, but just plain and simple solipsism. We must embrace today we must live in the present because omnipresent God lives only in the present. He is "present" everywhere. ``Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.'' Matthew 6:34. ``You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.'' Matthew 25:21.

Well, you started off trying to talk about the nature of time as a scientific concept, and ended up talking about gods and Nirvana. pick a subject will ya?