• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mystery of the Ages

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Given that the average cost of a one bedroom apartment in Manhattan was around $1, 500 at minimum during the 90's, how is it that constantly unemployed and job-hopping gypsies such as Joey, Ross, Phoebe, Rachel, Chandler and Monica afford such luxurious digs? Someone explain this to me.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Given that the average cost of a one bedroom apartment in Manhattan was around $1, 500 at minimum during the 90's, how is it that constantly unemployed and job-hopping gypsies such as Joey, Ross, Phoebe, Rachel, Chandler and Monica afford such luxurious digs? Someone explain this to me.

The network paid their rent.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

I . . . I can't.

Suddenly my world makes no sense. :(

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, I asked science and it just gave me a haughty look and told me to go get it a pizza.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Thats about 99% of TV and movies at least. So many TV families, they couldnt actually afford what they have.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Thats about 99% of TV and movies at least. So many TV families, they couldnt actually afford what they have.
I always wondered if this was part of a plot to make us feel like we were being cheated so we'd be more motivated consumers.

We Never Know

No Slack

True with one of the exception being "How I Met Your Mother".
Barney was a lawyer
Ted was an architect
Marshall was a lawyer
Robin was a journalist/news anchor
Lilly was just Lilly :)

Skwim

Veteran Member

Reminds me of Frasier Crane (Frasier TV show) and how he can afford a huge three bedroom apartment in downtown Seattle (approx $4,000-$6,000 p/month) a new BMW ($45,000), plus a high maintenance life style, on a radio show host's salary (ave: $50,000-$60,000 p/ year)

The Reverend Bob

Fart Machine and Beastmaster
Reminds me of Frasier Crane (Frasier TV show) and how he can afford a huge three bedroom apartment in downtown Seattle (approx $4,000-$6,000 p/month) a new BMW ($45,000), plus a high maintenance life style, on a radio show host's salary (ave: $50,000-$60,000 p/ year)

Good Lord, man! The view! Is such a thing even possible? I am perplexed.