• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Multiverse & Creation

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
Most people are familiar with the concept of the universe, which is to say all of the galaxies, stars, planets, etc. that are found within it. We don't know how big the universe is because we can't see the edge. Nor can we say that it goes on forever. But there is another concept that can neither be proven or disproved: the multiverse.

The following is a conceptual example of the multiverse:

mv1.jpg

In the model above, galaxies are contained within the universe, and an infinite number of universes could be contained within the multiverse. The size of our universe, much less a multiverse, is beyond human comprehension. The problem is that we have no way of seeing to the ends of our universe, so this will remain a theory for eons to come. It also raises all kinds of questions, such as:

1. What happens when two universes touch each other?
2. What about the open space between universes?
3. Could it be that God does not seem active in our universe because It is busy creating elsewhere?
4. If there is a God(s), and that God is elsewhere, then does that mean that nature controls what happens? Things like evolution, natural disasters, meteor strikes, etc. How does nature determine what happens, when or where? Are those events random or is there an unseen pattern?
5. If nature controls what happens, does that mean that nature is alive, or have some unknown (to us) type of intelligence?

I am going to stop there because I am giving myself a headache. :eek:

Took some Tylenol. Chugged some type of caffeine ladened drink. Continuing on...

6. Could the multiverse be infinite, with an infinite amount of universes?
7. What if there was more than one multiverse? Using the model above, just add another larger circle to the existing picture.
8. Could this open up parallel dimensions? Worm holes? Alternate realities? Distortions in space-time?
9. Could there be duplicate copies of us, and each one lives out a different life? Is it all some cosmic experiment?
10. Is there a reconnect or compilation of ourselves at some point in time, if we had dopplegangers?

I think my headache returned.

Last edited:

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
It makes me dizzy to think about these different things. Interested to see what other folks post.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Interesting thread...difficult to grasp any of it really, the sizes and time spans are so huge, become just numbers...

I do know that this model you show is just one of a number of different kinds of multiverses that cosmologists have proposed...the common feature is that virtually all of the versions have absolutely no chance of being demonstrated as really existing any time soon...or ever...

One item of note: cosmologists have measured the curvature of visible space, and found that it is flat to the limit of the instruments' power to measure out to the visible cosmic horizon...that is, to about 0.4 percent, which means that the minimum radius of the universe is (if I'm doing the math correctly) 250 times ~45 billion lightyears, or about 11,430 trillion lightyears. It's good that I already have a headache, because thinking about numbers like this always gives me a headache...

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Multiple universes are not things may not touch, depending upon how you imagine them. I think it depends upon if reality is Platonic, that is if numbers and other non-physical abstractions exist on their own.
A Youtube Vid about whether Math exists or is just made up.
This is related, because universes may be objects which exist in the abstract, somewhat like fractals. Time could simply be a dimension in the abstraction.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
The speculation of "multi-Universes" derives from the other speculation of "what happens when someting disappears in a black hole".

"Black holes" are just the magnetic poles in for instants galaxies, just like the magnetic poles on the Sun and the Earth. Someting (the electromagnetic currents) goes both outwards and inwards in a spherical motion.

This electromagnetic formation takes place all over in the entire Universe (Uni = One) and it happens eternally. All kinds of forms are eternally made out of atoms, dissolved back to the atomic stage and reformed again. There is NO beginning and NO end. There is NO "Big Bang".

When someting disappears in a galactic pole/hole, it shows up again as another creation in the same galaxy in the very same Universe.

The multi-Universe speculations isn´t necessary at all. Just look at the creation in the light of the electromagnetic force and motions.

Last edited: