• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Most Socially Backward States....Ugh!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The thread's title is designed to trick our southophobic (or "antisouthite"?)
posters into salivating over yet more rebel & hillbilly bashing.
(I suspect they look down upon southern black folk too.)

In an effort to defend southern states as being valued members
of our union too, I offer Californiastan's share of problems.
In the news....
Male prostitute dies of meth overdose at Hollywood home | Daily Mail Online

Excerpted....
A 26-year-old man was found dead at the home of a well-known Democratic party donor late last month of a drug overdose.
The incident occurred on July 27 around 7.22pm at the West Hollywood home of Ed Buck, a high-profile political activist and wealthy contributor to the California and Los Angeles County Democratic Party.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

In the news....

Excerpted....
A 26-year-old man was found dead at the home of a well-known Democratic party donor late last month of a drug overdose.
The incident occurred on July 27 around 7.22pm at the West Hollywood home of Ed Buck, a high-profile political activist and wealthy contributor to the California and Los Angeles County Democratic Party.

I thought it was an actual list based on something, I never assumed it would be southern and democratic bashing op. Of course I have never thought any state was socially backward so I'm probably not the person the thread was designed for.

MikeDwight

I signed up for facebook, and told everybody it was a chore. I never wanted to write any profiles. The work program I was accessing, was assuredly not a profile that was linked to anybody. No, really, no really. Why don't you tell people about your 'online friend contact', no really. thanks cailfornians.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The South is turning purple my wife's favorite color. And I'm there now doing my part.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I thought it was an actual list based on something, I never assumed it would be southern and democratic bashing op. Of course I have never thought any state was socially backward so I'm probably not the person the thread was designed for.
Actually, I didn't intend to bash Democrats.
The drug issue doesn't know political boundaries.
I was thinking of anti-southern bigotry so common
among northern liberals....not all, just some of'm.

But now that you mention it, this news might take
some wind from the sails of those leftish rascals
continually trumpeting their moral & intellectual
superiority to their slavering enemies on the right.

PureX

Veteran Member
I just yesterday returned from a week in Arkansas. And it was very nice to be in a place where people still call each other Ma'am and Sir. And where people actually listen to your answer when they ask how you're doing. I also very much appreciated their total disregard for the breathless pace at which everything in the north (where I live) seems to have to happen. I don't recall seeing one single person checking their smart phone while sitting at a red light because they were frantic to know what must have happened in the 1 1/2 minutes since they stopped at the last red light. Where I live this is a chronic mania.

I did note, however, the nervous skepticism of black folks down there when I (an older white man) said hello to them in passing. As soon as they determined that I meant no 'trouble', though, they immediately warmed, considerably. Something else that does not often happen here in the north.

shmogie

In the news....

Excerpted....
I was born, educated, and spent my working life in what is today´s Peoples Republik of Kalifornia. When I was going to school there, it had the best public schools in the country, it has now the next to next to worst schools in the country. It´s once beautiful cities are now clogged with tent cities on the sidewalks, and have special clean up groups who every morning clean up masses of used needles and human feces. Illegal aliens who commit crimes are shielded from ICE by the state.

I could go on forever, illustrative of the state of the state is the fact that the orange groves that I used to safely walk through to and from school, have been replaced by run down cheap tract housing full of drug addicts and gangsters.

Buck has been involved in the deaths of two people, and skated on them. I guess three is the magic number for getting into trouble for SOME people.

Interestingly, the descent of California into the cesspool is in correlation to the rise of democrat control of the state.

It has swung from a Republican controlled state, to a democrat controlled state in my lifetime.

I am sure the trashing of the state is just co incidentally linked to democrat control, not really.

I left there over twenty years ago, and would live on the arctic circle than go back to that hole.

shmogie

I just yesterday returned from a week in Arkansas. And it was very nice to be in a place where people still call each other Ma'am and Sir. And where people actually listen to your answer when they ask how you're doing. I also very much appreciated their total disregard for the breathless pace at which everything in the north (where I live) seems to have to happen. I don't recall seeing one single person checking their smart phone while sitting at a red light because they were frantic to know what must have happened in the 1 1/2 minutes since they stopped at the last red light. Where I live this is a chronic mania.

I did note, however, the nervous skepticism of black folks down there when I (an older white man) said hello to them in passing. As soon as they determined that I meant no 'trouble', though, they immediately warmed, considerably. Something else that does not often happen here in the north.
Your point being what ?

Perhaps you got a view of what most of the country is like. I know it is true of the Southwest, and the South.

The racial thing I can´t address, you don´t see what you report in the Southwest.

PureX

Veteran Member
Your point being what ?

Perhaps you got a view of what most of the country is like. I know it is true of the Southwest, and the South.

The racial thing I can´t address, you don´t see what you report in the Southwest.
Societies are complicated. Far more so than the black/white, us/them BS we get from the media blowhards on radio and TV. My point is that yes, southern culture has much to offer the nation, and much to learn from the nation, too. I was merely sharing a few of the things that I think the folks in the south have to offer to folks in other areas of the country.

MikeDwight

I don't know what anybody has or has not up North or other places. Clearly, there's a total irretractable separation from the founding of the United States that is totally taken for granted over there. Name the country that doesn't have a series of forefathers to adhere? United States. Ya what did the voters say is happening this week?

Some English brat is born to the Queen you'll get to hear about your whole life in England. Always at Buckingham Palace. No one will vote for it. Its not even that. Everybody over there will recount their own histories by necessity.

blankworlducs-1770-png.123955

The United States only wanted international recognition of its status. What was the status of the world they cared about between 1776-1800? Kingdom of Portugal, Kingdom of Spain, Kingdom of France, British Empire, Prussian Empire, Kingdoms of Denmark, Sweden, Austrian Empire. Papal State.... Kingdom of Sicily?

If the United States wasn't That kind of Christian then they would have been crazy. They would have been totally insane. They would have been enemies to the people. Where is the attack on religion? So wait, in an atmosphere permeated with an Establishment of how things work, there are no written Disagreements about religion? They would have been insane about this not being a "Christian country", that kind of "Christian country".

What did your gradeschool education offer anyway? The bland gradeschool education? The Old Dominion State? "Virigin Queen" Virginia, the King's George Georgia, the Queen Carolinas? The King Charles' Charlestown? Did it talk about Queen Elizabeth, the Spanish Armada, Anne Boleyne and the Protestant Reformation? Well then forget those Northern States! I want a universal American education, I went to a valid American School. Those schools need to line up with my schools necessarily!

More then why did My school skip Oliver Cromwell to talk about King George?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Your point being what ?

Oddly, the most public racism I've seen around the country is in NYC.
Some black folk really dislike asians, & freely express it.
But I don't think this makes NYC worse than the south...just
different in its difficulties.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I can't remember who right now, but a black person said she prefers the open racism of the south to the politely hidden racism of the North. She went on to note that in the south, very often the racism can be overcome if you do something well implying that the Northern racism is "stickier" and thus hard to get rid of.

She caused me to stop and think deeply and to shift my opinions.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

In the news....

Excerpted....

We in Arizona live right next door to California. We have the best of both worlds here, with the crazies from California and the crazies from the South (not to mention the crazy snowbirds from the North).

But on our side of the country, we're not really "North" or "South." We're "West." From our vantage point, "North" is Idaho - not exactly known as a liberal bastion. But they grow good potatoes.

But rednecks and hillbillies are everywhere - not just in the South.

We came from the West Virginia coal mines
And the Rocky Mountains, and the western skies
And we can skin a buck, we can run a trout line
And a country boy can survive

MikeDwight

Haha Blacks got new n%&$## with the Koreans. Its like a quarter of all Koreans are in Atlanta, and these stuck up pigs just assume the privilege. That's what you're talking about. Ya umm lets see here, I'm at the Korean Spa and bath with my family, in Atlanta, ahha, quaint. Its just my favorite.