• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Most Common (Non) Religious Affiliation on RF

What is the largest (non) religious affiliation on RF?

• Christian

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Jewish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Baha'i

• Atheist

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Hindu

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Buddhist

• Muslim

• Pagan

• Other (specify below [because I realize there are more than nine religions in the world])

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Without looking at any demographics polls, which group do you thing has the largest representation here on RF?

Why?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Problem for me. I am a Hindu as well as an atheist. I am also to a great extent a Buddhist too. You did not give the choice to choose more than one affiliation.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Problem for me. I am a Hindu as well as an atheist. I am also to a great extent a Buddhist too. You did not give the choice to choose more than one affiliation.

I think its more about what you feel the most dominant representation is on RF, not necessarily what you identify as. :)

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I chose agnostic because of views where agnostic is not mutually exclusive with atheism or theism. I'd be curious to know who is the top contender between atheists and Christians though.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Atheist. Why? The buggers are everywhere. Most threads. Top posters. Longest posts. Sexiest avatars. The works.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Sorry, no, that's not correct. Both @SalixIncendium's post and poll ask what the dominant affiliation on RF is.
:) The title of the topic is The Most Common (Non) Religious Affiliation on RF. And the title of the poll is The Most Common (Non) Religious Affiliation on RF. Common means numbers and not dominance. As for dominance, I think Bahais are most dominant in the forum vis-a-vis their numbers. :D

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Mostly Christian followed closely by atheiest.

So non religious, it has to be atheist

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Without looking at any demographics polls, which group do you thing has the largest representation here on RF?

Why?
There is another discrepancy, people mention religion as "none", it is not clear which denomination of Atheism/Agnosticism they belong to. Right?
Please therefore add a new category for the "none"s. Right?

Regards

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Furthermore, Salix, for Bahais, you need to give permission of multiple choice, because they are Hindu, Jew, Zoroastrian, Buddhist, Christian and Muslim, all at the same time. However, they are yet not Shinto, Sikh, Jain, Dao or followers of Confucius.