• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most calming sound in the world?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The whisper of the air conditioning fan.

The kids saying goodnight.

A contented cats purr.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
To me this got to be the sound of rain, what do you consider the most calming one?
The 'voice' of the person I love the most.
I also find rain to be calming. I like rain. I was told Hungarians like rain, sounds true to me.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The 'voice' of the person I love the most.
I also find rain to be calming. I like rain. I was told Hungarians like rain, sounds true to me.

I must have a pretty calming voice too.
I've had scores of folks fall asleep while I'm talking. :D

pearl

I agree with the rain, especially on a tin roof, but also the sound of the ocean and whales.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I must have a pretty calming voice too.
I've had scores of folks fall asleep while I'm talking. :D
Surely you jest, does Not sound as if your voice would be boring to me but very soothing.
That being said, when I can't sleep can I call you so I can hear your 'calming' voice ____
Besides talking, would you also read the Psalms to me and later let me know if at what point I fell asleep ! :)

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I agree with the rain, especially on a tin roof, but also the sound of the ocean and whales.
To me a good point about the ocean sounds because a relative with a mental disorder moved to be near the ocean and the ocean sounds helped a lot.