• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mormons are coming

JIMMY12345

BBC documentary on the Church of the latter day saints.Fascinating 8/10 I hour

TV is awful generally.However this is watchable for human interest.On BBC Iplayer if you google.
Americans will discover what a duvet is. It will capture interest for teenagers and early adults. It is honest in that the church admits a fair few choose to leave.

Good to check out the opposition.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

TV is awful generally.However this is watchable for human interest.On BBC Iplayer if you google.
Americans will discover what a duvet is. It will capture interest for teenagers and early adults. It is honest in that the church admits a fair few choose to leave.

I'm praying for them all - to be released from this - and I did watch it. As long as they stay away from my door. :oops:

idea

Question Everything

Does it cover Mormon pedophiles?
How about the recent financial troubles? (Busted for not being transparent, not paying taxes, illegally moving $ between countries etc.)

idea

Question Everything
As a former Mormon the best conversation needs to be around what they think is god talking to them. They will rationalize anything until they realize what they think is "the spirit" - is NOT from God, but:

Elevation (emotion) - Wikipedia

Show them this video:

Explain to them what that sensation really is.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
As a former Mormon the best conversation needs to be around what they think is god talking to them. They will rationalize anything until they realize what they think is "the spirit" - is NOT from God, but:

Elevation (emotion) - Wikipedia

Show them this video:

Explain to them what that sensation really is.
I think that video might be good for a lot of people not only LDS. Its a collage of people talking about their experiences with illuminating moments that have brought them to religious beliefs and locked them into a search within a particular religious group. I think its absorbing how similar all of these people are and how similar their experiences are.

They all describe it as moving from a state of ignorance to a state of learning or of knowing.

idea

Question Everything
I think that video might be good for a lot of people not only LDS. Its a collage of people talking about their experiences with illuminating moments that have brought them to religious beliefs and locked them into a search within a particular religious group. I think its absorbing how similar all of these people are and how similar their experiences are.

They all describe it as moving from a state of ignorance to a state of learning or of knowing.

It is not moving into a state of knowing is the sad part. It is a state of blocking out anything that doesn't align with their heart, their childhood, their culture's traditions, their tribe.

It is people discovering codependent group think, not a discovery of God, or a discovery of "truth".

Codependent group think.

I've felt "it" too.
It is not from god.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Mormons have this quirky belief that “flesh and bone” implies eternal life where as “flesh and blood” means mortal.
They are not the only ones with that belief.
I could be remembering this wrong, but I recall @Brian2 making a differentiation between flesh and blood and flesh and bone, and he is a Trinitarian. However, I am not sure if what he said was related to eternal life. Maybe he can clarify that for us.