• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The more one gets to know of men, the more one values dogs."

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
yes-dogs-are-better-than-people-dogs-dont-2-lie-37301684.png

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well dogs won’t argue about politics or religion with you. So there’s two points in their favour already.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm pretty sure dogs can be racist. My brother's dog seems to hate black peopled (he barks and growls at them in ways he doesn't to others). My dog, it seems she may not like Latinos. And my dog is very jealous, and she'll do mean things to other animals, like going out of her way to land on one of the cats when she gets down from the couch. And when my dad moved back in after my parents divorced, he and the dog I had then did some head butting. I think my dog won though, the day he got his coat muddy, walked inside, walked up to a wall in the living room (he'd normally wait at the door to be cleaned and dried), and smeared mud all over the wall.

Workman

UNIQUE
Your NOW is at good work..it can see [IT] now..the meekest ever you will know..for it is in your design to be..

The Name by SunStone be who!..
YOU are to BLISS.. [IN]!

PureX

Veteran Member
Complexity generates duplicity. Humans are a multiplex of often conflicting intentions, motivations, and reasoning; simultaneously. "For we are wonderfully and frightfully made" (from somewhere in my old Catholic Bible).

I cannot say that I have quite got to the point yet I like dogs better than humans, but I have certainly gotten to the point where I sometimes think dogs possess greater intellectual integrity and honesty.

A case in point is the honor and respect that Godwin's law gets in comparison to so many other principles of rhetoric, debate, and/or reasoning that I personally feel are worthy of greater honor and respect.

I'm not sure I agree with your so-called "theory".

When I refused to share my chicken drumsticks with a dog despite her best attempts to make me feel guilty, she accused me of having intentions to violate the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact and pepper London with V1 doodlebugs :shrug:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
"The more one gets to know of men, the more one values dogs." -- Alphonse Toussenel (1847)

I cannot say that I have quite got to the point yet I like dogs better than humans, but I have certainly gotten to the point where I sometimes think dogs possess greater intellectual integrity and honesty.

A case in point is the honor and respect that Godwin's law gets in comparison to so many other principles of rhetoric, debate, and/or reasoning that I personally feel are worthy of greater honor and respect.

For instance, it strikes me that about seven or eight times in ten, the person I see invoking Godwin's law is someone who I have seen employ at some time in the past one or more shoddy debate trick, or who I have seen passing along misinformation.

You know, it is so common, so perfectly common to find humans honoring and respecting some small thing while simultaneously dishonoring and disrespecting some great thing.

How often do you yourself come across someone honoring a small thing while disrespecting a great thing?

Sounds like Al is taking the easy way out...

Stanyon

WWMRD?
What about cats?

"They're (cats) the only thing I have that doesn't judge me or call me a big googly eyed bast*rd"
-Bubbles of Trailer park boys