• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Morality Of God's Grand Design

Etritonakin

So if there were a God who exempts himself from the very laws of nature in which he/she/it/they would have created, then there'd be no telling by us humans what this supernatural being could be like. In other words, there'd be no way for us to figure out this God's nature . Hence, such a God would be utterly senseless and meaningless.
God cannot actually exempt himself from MOST BASIC LAW.
Consider.... An "eternal" God -whether developing or always having existed in a complex, aware state -could not possibly have decided upon his own MOST BASIC nature -or the fact that such a God existed in the first place.
God would essentially be composed of most basic substance and would exist according to most basic law. Such would be the attributes OF GOD (I AM THAT AM).
God -having eventually created all OTHER things (though having some creative input in regard to himself as able) by arranging most basic substance according to most basic law -which governs the ensuing math, logic, etc. -is in a position to interface with all things from/on that level -whereas we must interface with things from/on our own level.
We, as individuals, represent a small portion of the sum of all things -whereas God is the sum. We, as individuals, must act on the environment from within the environment in a fashion limited by our design and composition -whereas all things are essentially "within" God -ARE God -and can be accessed by God. He is also in a position to rearrange any NEW laws created from most basic law. Actually, we do similarly, but on a more simple scale -and from our limited position/perspective.

...The situation being that before person H-5,583,927,403.948N was even conceived god knew she would suffer most of her life and eventually end up in hell. The point being that by not allowing the conception to take place he could have prevented an individual's suffering on earth and in hell. Yet god chose to let the fated suffering go forward.

Difficult to say, when the person H-5,583,927,403.948N seems to be purely your imagination.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Hypothetical: God exists + created all

In a nutshell: God is omniscient,

"The Bible teaches that God is all-knowing or omniscient. The word "omniscient" comes from two Latin words omnis signifying all, and scientia signifying knowledge. When we say that God is omniscient it means that He has perfect knowledge of all things. He does not have to learn anything and He has not forgotten anything. God does not have to reason things out, find out things, or learn them gradually. He knows everything that has happened and everything that will happen. God also knows every potential thing that might happen. God even knows those things that humankind has yet to discover. This knowledge is absolute and unacquired. The omniscience of God means that He has perfect knowledge, perfect understanding, and perfect wisdom as to how to apply the knowledge."
source
Check

So even before god created the world, he knew he would populate it with creatures,
Check

some of which he would send to heaven forever, and others he would send to hell forever.
Uncheck (God interpretation of some Christians)

And, he knew exactly which individual creature he'd send where
Check

He even decided to create evil so as to help some of them more easily achieve hell
Uncheck (again...some Christians view)

And along the way to their destinations god made sure some would encounter great moments of joy, and others, great moments of suffering.
Check

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Hypothetical: God exists + created all this

Question: Would you do the same to a litter of puppies?
Karma is a bitsj.
Most don't see it coming. Even when warned numerous times by numerous prophets, people keep going against their conscience.
Karma indeed is a bitsj

Bigger Question: Is god's design in any way moral?
God's design is moral !
Human actions...not so much !
Luckily God's Karmic design solves this
Even if you don't like it

Why is it difficult to say? Show me where my reasoning has gone astray.

My point was, you don’t give enough information for proper judgment and you give only an hypothetic scenario that doesn’t necessary even exist. Same way as I don’t cross the bridge before I come to it, I don’t need to answer to questions that are not relevant.

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
Your first paragraph suggest God is merciful and wise, I don't think so, check out Jeremiah 11-22 "I will punish them, their young men will die by the sword, their sons and daughters by famine. Not even a remnant will be left behind" That is definitely NOT a merciful and wise God. I could go on but I have made my point. You people have lost your powers of critical thinking, abrogated your soul to the fear mongers, I feel sorry for you

thanks dude for sharing

Why in races they put obstacles and barriers.
Some sports associations create environmental conditions that make the race difficult and complicated
Are humans merciful?
Or is it human curiosity (inquisitiveness) to see who will be able to surpass this successfully and efficiently
Failed bidders will receive a prize for participation
But saboteurs who cheat or try to exclude others, even with murder, are the ones who are arrested and punished

god bless you :)