• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Misunderstanding of Christianity in the Quran

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
:flower2: :flower2: :flower2: :flower2:
The Quran, in various verses tells us that Jesus never said "I and my mother mary are deities and should be worshiped". In christianity, mary was never worshiped as a deity. Also, if you look historically at Christianity going from its beggining until the time of islam, you will see no doctrine stating the worship of mary. Does this mean that the Quran is wrong, or misunderstood. it declares it right there, but it could be a misinterpretation. Im sure though if you look at what early muyslims believed about us christians you may see that they believed that. amd seeing that no christians at the time professed this, the quran would be wrong in its statement.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
hmmm, it will be interesting to see the responses to this....

i don't know much about the history of early church doctrine and its relation to Mary.

do you have the quotes from the Koran about Mary?

Jerrell

Islam was founded around 610 A.D. At that Time Catholcism did exist. And they did worship Mary(though they deny it today). That is why they look at the Trinity as God the Father , God the Son and God the Mother. Islam was written roughly 500 years after the First Canoical BIble was published. Muslims at the time were pagan, but they probably understood christanity. That is why they claimed the same God, same ancestor, but difftrent way of salvation. There is only one way to God, that is by Jesus. Jesus is the light unto the Gentiles, if u are gentile, you must go by Jesus.

Jerrell

There are many errors in the Koran, If you wish for me to cover theses. Is shall. By Muslims, i mean Arabs. Keep in mind Muslims didn't exist till 610 AD, Before that they were pagans....

Mike182

Flaming Queer
116.And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah.?"

i doubt very much that Mary was (is?) a God, but, she gave birth to Jesus, she lived with him for 30 years, im willing to bet she picked up an awful lot of knowledge, insight, and she is deffinatley worthy of the place of a high spiritual authority!

Jerrell

Mary was a sinner, she had to be saved. And Does not have a place in Spiritual Authority. Jesus is the only HIgh Preist, and he only.

P.S.- how do u suvcribe to threads?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Jerrell said:
Mary was a sinner, she had to be saved. And Does not have a place in Spiritual Authority. Jesus is the only HIgh Preist, and he only.

I take it you subscribe to the original sin idea, but that is not for this thread, but for another.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Jerrell said:
i believe that each and every spirit is individual, and as such, maintians its characteristincs in heaven. Marys spirit would have been enlightend through living with jesus, and as such, she will undoubtedly be more enlighted by me, therefore, a spiritual authority.

if you click on "thread tools" in the right hand corner of the first post in a thread, you will (i think) find an option to subscribe to the thread.

hope that helps.

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
ummm jerell... we believe in the father son and holy spirit, not the father son and mother. they did not worship mary either, there is no historical evidence of this

Jerrell said:
Islam was founded around 610 A.D. At that Time Catholcism did exist. And they did worship Mary(though they deny it today). That is why they look at the Trinity as God the Father , God the Son and God the Mother. Islam was written roughly 500 years after the First Canoical BIble was published. Muslims at the time were pagan, but they probably understood christanity. That is why they claimed the same God, same ancestor, but difftrent way of salvation. There is only one way to God, that is by Jesus. Jesus is the light unto the Gentiles, if u are gentile, you must go by Jesus.

This has to be utterly one of the worst representations of Catholic doctrine I've ever read. #1, please cite me one historical declaration of the Catholic Church where she professed or commanded worship of Mary as a deity. The Catholic Church has NEVER worshipped Mary as God. Mary is honored among the other saints of the Church...they are NOT worshipped as deities. #2, where in the world did you hear that the Catholic Church teaches that the Trinity is the Father, Son, and Mother? The Catholic Church has also never taught this, and do not teach it now. Let me quote directly from the RCC:

"Christians are baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: not in their names, for there is only one God, the almighty Father, his only Son and the Holy Spirit: the Most Holy Trinity." Catechism of the Catholic Church para. 233

FerventGodSeeker

Super Universe

Defender of God
Worship Mary?

What great revelation did Mary provide?

It has been thousands of years since Jesus lived but you can know Him from His everlasting words.

Jerrell

No, not original Sin. Mary was not born of a Virgin. She was not sinless, this is a Catholic ideal. Jesus was born of a virgin Girl(not woman). She was only 13-16. Jesus' Father was God. He was the ONLY sinless Person. Romans 3:23- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Mary was a good person, she was a very enlgihtened woman. But she was human just like Paul, just like Peter, just like John, just like every other man and woman to walk this earth.

She could've been a Spiritual Leader, *she's dead now and is not* but Jesus chose 12 men, then 1 to replace Judas, Paul. They were the Spiritual Leaders of the Church. Not Mary.

Jerrell

I did not come here to attack Catholocism. But when u build a Huge Statue of Mary, cover her in Gold, Put her on a King's Chairot, and gather all around her, yelling toward the statue. Crying for her, throuwing flowers at her. I consider that Worship. Especially when u bow down to the statue(I have seen pictures of even the Pope doing this). Did you know we are not supposed to even make a statue of ANYTHING in Heaven.
Exodus 20:4-Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Is Mary in Heaven? Is Jesus in Heaven? Are the Angels in heaven? Are the Saints in heaven?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Jerrell said:
No, not original Sin. Mary was not born of a Virgin. She was not sinless, this is a Catholic ideal. Jesus was born of a virgin Girl(not woman). She was only 13-16. Jesus' Father was God. He was the ONLY sinless Person. Romans 3:23- For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Mary was a good person, she was a very enlgihtened woman. But she was human just like Paul, just like Peter, just like John, just like every other man and woman to walk this earth.

She could've been a Spiritual Leader, *she's dead now and is not* but Jesus chose 12 men, then 1 to replace Judas, Paul. They were the Spiritual Leaders of the Church. Not Mary.

im not saying she was a church leader, im saying she is a spiritual authority.

Jerrell

The Koran Implys that Christians beleive in God the Father God the Son and God the Mother. Why?
Read Below
The problem is the Christians he(Mohaamud) met were Nestorians and Monophysites. I won’t go into details of their theologies, except they both had complementary, contradictory, wrong understandings of the Trinity. In fact, some of the Nestorian idea was a tri-theology or a tri-theism, God the Father, God the Mother, and God the Son. And this is what Muhammad was exposed to, and he thought that Christians were schismatic and were polytheists at a certain level. So he rejected them on those terms.

Some Early Christians did look on Mary as God, this is Historical Fact.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Jerrell said:
Some Early Christians did look on Mary as God, this is Historical Fact.
i study Alevel history, and when ever i say "this is a historical fact" my teacher says "show me the historical evidence" ;)

Jerrell

Mary is called the Queen of Heaven right?

Jer 7:18-The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

Visit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_Mother

Mike182

Flaming Queer
~Lord Roghen~ said:
This is sounding good
anjoying the view? :biglaugh:

Jerrel said:
Mary is called the Queen of Heaven right?

Jer 7:18-The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
when this verse is in context, are you sure it is not a reference to the "wrong doings" of the pagan practices of the time?

i don't think this is saying there is a queen (mary) in heaven

edit: i am unsure about where the idea of mary being called "queen of heaven" came from