• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Missing Passover

S-word

How about the other Jews who were crucified just like Jesus, were they less than Paschal Lambs? You speak of Jesus' crucifixion as if he was the only Jew to be crucified by the Romans. Read Josephus.

Jesus was sinless he was totally obedient to who he was or rather to his indwelling ancestral spirit. Jesus was the unblemished one who was slaughtered that day of preparation to the passover, the others were merely criminals who were paying the blood price for their crimes.

Ben Masada

Jesus was sinless he was totally obedient to who he was or rather to his indwelling ancestral spirit. Jesus was the unblemished one who was slaughtered that day of preparation to the passover, the others were merely criminals who were paying the blood price for their crimes.

The other thousands of Jews were crucified for the same reason Jesus was: Politics. Have you forgotten what was written on that plate on the top of Jesus' cross? It pretty well sounds for political crimes. If Caesar was King in Israel and a local Jew is proclaimed king, what reason do you think was used for his crucifixion? Wake up and smell the coffee! Any
other reason was fabricated 30 years later by Paul.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The other thousands of Jews were crucified for the same reason Jesus was: Politics. Have you forgotten what was written on that plate on the top of Jesus' cross? It pretty well sounds for political crimes. If Caesar was King in Israel and a local Jew is proclaimed king, what reason do you think was used for his crucifixion? Wake up and smell the coffee! Any
I agree with you. Although, for him to have recanted, or to have run away, while may may have preserved his life, would have compromised his values, his principles, his beliefs -- who he was.

S-word

Yea, the Jewish authorities didn't like that did they, they wanted Pilate to change the inscription which read "Jesus of Nazareth, the king of the Jews," to, "Jesus of Nazareth, who claimed to be the King of the Jews," but Pilate replied, "What I have written, I have written".

But they did kill their King who will return to establish his rule in Jerusalem and they will then see the one that had pierced,and the one they pierced was not in reality the Man Jesus, who was the faithful servant of the Lord God our saviour, but He, our spiritual Lord who revealed himself to us through his servant, who was faithful and obedient even to his death on the cross.

For Just as in Jesus we see our Lord and saviour, soo too in the Lord (who has fixed a day, The sabbath or the seventh period of one thousand years in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a man he has chosen. And he has given proof of this to everyone, by raising that man from death: See Acts 17: 31.)our saviour who comes to rule through the risen body of Christ who will take the thrones that have been prepared for them and rule for the thousand year sabbath, we will see the one that we pierced.

Jesus was the fulfilment of the prophecy in Deuteronomy 18: 18; of who it was said by the Lord, I will send them a prophet just like Moses, and he will be one of there own people, He will speak in my name; and all who refuse to obey him will be separated from God's people and destroyed, and it was for this reason that they who cried out, when Pilate washed his hands of the whole affair, "Let his blood be on our heads and the heads of our children." had their wish granted.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
And according to John, the last supper was simply that, the last supper, that Jesus had with his closest friends, before the day of Preparation to the Passover, the day on which the Paschal lambs of which Jesus was the reality, were slaughtered.

Quote... Ben masada...Therefore, Jesus missed the Passover that year.

Wrong Ben, that year, Jesus was the Paschal Lamb who was slaughtered on the day of Preparation to that Passover.

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. Jesus was the paschal Lamb - that's why we call Him the Lamb of God.

It surprises me that no one else has pointed this out yet.

Ben Masada

I agree with you. Although, for him to have recanted, or to have run away, while may may have preserved his life, would have compromised his values, his principles, his beliefs -- who he was.

I don't think so. That's why we have the concept of "Pikuach Nephesh" which justifies the saying that's better a coward alive than a dead hero. There is no value, principle or belief worthy dying for. Yes, worthy fighting for, but not stupidly dying for.

Ben Masada

Yea, the Jewish authorities didn't like that did they, they wanted Pilate to change the inscription which read "Jesus of Nazareth, the king of the Jews," to, "Jesus of Nazareth, who claimed to be the King of the Jews," but Pilate replied, "What I have written, I have written".

Had Jesus been king of the Jews? I didn't think so. Therefore, the Jewish authorities were right. And, was the Pilate who replied, "What I have written, I have written" the same as the one who had been coerced to do what the Jews wanted him to do after the judgment of Jesus? If this is not a case of double personality there is conspiracy.

But they did kill their King who will return to establish his rule in Jerusalem and they will then see the one that had pierced,and the the one they pierced was not in reality the Man Jesus, who was the faithful servant of the Lord God our saviour, but He, our spiritual Lord who revealed himself to us through his servant, who was faithful and obedient even to his death on the cross.

Who killed their King, the Jews? Was Jesus a king? And why Pope John 23rd asked the Jews to forgive Christianity for 2,000 of suffering because of the false accusation that they had killed Jesus? If the Church has acknowledged their antisemitic blunder, why do you keep perpetuating the same accusation?

For Just as in Jesus we see our Lord and saviour, soo too in the Lord (who has fixed a day, The sabbath or the seventh period of one thousand years in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a man he has chosen. And he has given proof of this to everyone, by raising that man from death: See Acts 17: 31.)our saviour who comes to rule through the risen body of Christ who will take the thrones that have been prepared for them and rule for the thousand year sabbath, we will see the one that we pierced.

Is there an eyewitness for the resurrection or this is one of those things that have to be accepted by faith?

Jesus was the fulfilment of the prophecy in Deuteronomy 18: 18; of who it was said by the Lord, I will send them a prophet just like Moses, and he will be one of there own people, He will speak in my name; and all who refuse to obey him will be separated from God's people and destroyed, and it was for this reason that they who cried out, when Pilate washed his hands of the whole affair, "Let his blood be on our heads and the heads of our children." had their wish granted.

That Prophet just like Moses promised in Deuteronomy was Joshua. But assuming that he had been Jesus, you guys are all separated from God, because you have refused to obey him. He came with the mission to confirm Judaism to the letter, according to Matthew 5:17-19 and you guys had to found an antagonistic religion instead of obeying the Prophet just like Moses.

Ben Masada

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD. Jesus was the paschal Lamb - that's why we call Him the Lamb of God.

It surprises me that no one else has pointed this out yet.

How about the other Jews who were killed with Jesus, were they not also lambs? Was not their blood of the same color? Had not their nerves the same potential to feel the same pain? I tell you the difference between them and Jesus. They did not have a Paul for an agent to discover them.

S-word

Had Jesus been king of the Jews? I didn't think so. Therefore, the Jewish authorities were right. And, was the Pilate who replied, "What I have written, I have written" the same as the one who had been coerced to do what the Jews wanted him to do after the judgment of Jesus? If this is not a case of double personality there is conspiracy.

But they did kill their King who will return to establish his rule in Jerusalem and they will then see the one that had pierced,and the the one they pierced was not in reality the Man Jesus, who was the faithful servant of the Lord God our saviour, but He, our spiritual Lord who revealed himself to us through his servant, who was faithful and obedient even to his death on the cross.

Who killed their King, the Jews? Was Jesus a king? And why Pope John 23rd asked the Jews to forgive Christianity for 2,000 of suffering because of the false accusation that they had killed Jesus? If the Church has acknowledged their antisemitic blunder, why do you keep perpetuating the same accusation?

Is there an eyewitness for the resurrection or this is one of those things that have to be accepted by faith?

That Prophet just like Moses promised in Deuteronomy was Joshua. But assuming that he had been Jesus, you guys are all separated from God, because you have refused to obey him. He came with the mission to confirm Judaism to the letter, according to Matthew 5:17-19 and you guys had to found an antagonistic religion instead of obeying the Prophet just like Moses.

If the Church has acknowledged their antisemitic blunder, why do you keep perpetuating the same accusation?

Don't put that rubbish on me Ben, I would be the last person to blame the Jews for the death of Jesus, you will notice in the post that you are referring to, that I have said, "WE will see the one WE pierced".

Ben Masada

If the Church has acknowledged their antisemitic blunder, why do you keep perpetuating the same accusation?

Don't put that rubbish on me Ben, I would be the last person to blame the Jews for the death of Jesus, you will notice in the post that you are referring to, that I have said, "WE will see the one WE pierced".

Sorry to catch you with your pants down, but here is the text where I got the above from:

But they did kill their King who will return to establish his rule in Jerusalem and they will then see the one that had pierced,and the one they pierced was not in reality the Man Jesus, who was the faithful servant of the Lord God our saviour, but He, our spiritual Lord who revealed himself to us through his servant, who was faithful and obedient even to his death on the cross.

As you can see, you did say "they" killed their King. Whoelse did you have in mind besides the Jews? Then, you go on saying, the one "they" pierced. There is no "WE" in the text no matter how you capitalize it. But that's okay after all. You don't have to feel too bad. As I said, you are only repeating what has been said before, in spite of the spiritual grandeur of Pope John 23rd.. (Acts 2:36)

S-word

Sorry to catch you with your pants down, but here is the text where I got the above from:

As you can see, you did say "they" killed their King. Whoelse did you have in mind besides the Jews? Then, you go on saying, the one "they" pierced. There is no "WE" in the text no matter how you capitalize it. But that's okay after all. You don't have to feel too bad. As I said, you are only repeating what has been said before, in spite of the spiritual grandeur of Pope John 23rd.. (Acts 2:36)

I'm back again Ben, ten wonderful days in the wilderness of central Australia, no electricity, no contact with the outside world, it's a wonderful experience mate; you should try it sometime.

When referring to the atrocities committed by my European ancestors against the indigenous inhabitants of Australia, I refer to them As “THEY”. When apologising to my indigenous brothers for the crimes of the European invaders, I use the term “WE”.

Here I am referring to my ancestors who demanded the death of Jesus.-------But they did kill their King who will return to establish his rule in Jerusalem and they will then see the one that had pierced, and the one they pierced was not in reality the Man Jesus, who was the faithful servant of the Lord God our saviour, but He, our spiritual Lord who revealed himself to us through his servant, who was faithful and obedient even to his death on the cross.

Here I am confessing that it was my ancestors who committed the great crime.---------For Just as in Jesus we see our Lord and saviour, so too in the Lord (who has fixed a day, The sabbath or the seventh period of one thousand years in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a man he has chosen. And he has given proof of this to everyone, by raising that man from death: See Acts 17: 31.)our saviour who comes to rule through the risen body of Christ who will take the thrones that have been prepared for them and rule for the thousand year sabbath, we will see the one that we pierced.

Better pull your own pants up Ben, nobody wants to gaze on your nakedness.

Ben Masada

I'm back again Ben, ten wonderful days in the wilderness of central Australia, no electricity, no contact with the outside world, it's a wonderful experience mate; you should try it sometime.

Ben: Welcome back.

When referring to the atrocities committed by my European ancestors against the indigenous inhabitants of Australia, I refer to them As “THEY”. When apologising to my indigenous brothers for the crimes of the European invaders, I use the term “WE”.

Ben: Intelligent analogy.

Here I am referring to my ancestors who demanded the death of Jesus.-------

Ben: I did not know that the Romans were your ancestors.

But they did kill their King who will return to establish his rule in Jerusalem and they will then see the one that had pierced, and the one they pierced was not in reality the Man Jesus, who was the faithful servant of the Lord God our saviour, but He, our spiritual Lord who revealed himself to us through his servant, who was faithful and obedient even to his death on the cross.

Ben: Jesus was no king. The misunderstanding comes from the fact that when he lectured to his listeners, he would mention too often about the kingdom of God.
The Romans did not understood that Jesus' kingdom of God was within ourselves and not a literal kingdom. That's why Jesus was considered of a subversive personality and was crucified for that reason. The reason was on that plate on the top of his cross.

Here I am confessing that it was my ancestors who committed the great crime.---------For Just as in Jesus we see our Lord and saviour, so too in the Lord (who has fixed a day, The sabbath or the seventh period of one thousand years in which he will judge the whole world with justice by means of a man he has chosen. And he has given proof of this to everyone, by raising that man from death: See Acts 17: 31.)

Ben: Was there an eyewitness to the resurrection?

our saviour who comes to rule through the risen body of Christ who will take the thrones that have been prepared for them and rule for the thousand year sabbath,we will see the one that we pierced.

Ben: How about the other thousands of Jews who were equally pierced just like Jesus? Who pierced them. You speak of Jesus' piercing as if he was the only Jew pierced by the Romans. Read Josephus.

Last edited:

S-word

S-word... Welcome back yourself Ben. I was beginning to think you had deserted this thread.

S-word... Here I am referring to my ancestors who demanded the death of Jesus.-------

S-word... undoubtedly if I were able to trace my genealogy far enough back in time, I would find that I have Roman or Italian ancestors, although I believe your inference has nothing to do with my genetic inheritance, but as to who had demanded the death of Jesus, and it is obvious that you believe that it was the Romans.

But this is what Peter the Jew has to say to his fellow countrymen, Acts 2: 23, “In accordance with his own plan, (So to start with, we are looking at God’s own plan) God had already decided that Jesus be handed over to you (Jews) and you (Jews) killed him by letting sinful men crucify him.”

The Romans may have been the instrument that the Jews used to have Jesus killed, but it was not the Romans who demanded his death, and if you believe so, then you are reading from a Bible of which you yourself are the author, for every Bible that I have at my disposal, states that Pilate, the Roman consulate, said to the Jews who were demanding the death of their promised Messianic King, “You take him then, and crucify him. I find no reason to condemn him.”

After searching for ways to set Jesus free, Pilate was forced to bow to the will of the Jewish chief priests and Temple guards who were screaming, “Crucify him,! Crucify him! And after washing his hands of the blood of the innocent man, Pilate said to the crowd of Jews, Matthew 27: 24; “I’m not responsible for the death of this man! This is your (The Jews) doing!” Luke 23: 24; “So Pilate passed the sentence on Jesus that the Jews were demanding and Jesus was handed over to the sinful men who were the instrument by which those Jews killed the physical image of their saviour.

Ben: How about the other thousands of Jews who were equally pierced just like Jesus? Who pierced them. You speak of Jesus' piercing as if he was the only Jew pierced by the Romans. Read Josephus.

S-word... Matthew 27: 25; the whole crowd who had demanded the death of Jesus answered Pilate “Let the responsibility of his death fall on us and on our children.

Ben Masada

S-word... Welcome back yourself Ben. I was beginning to think you had deserted this thread.

S-word... Here I am referring to my ancestors who demanded the death of Jesus.-------

S-word... undoubtedly if I were able to trace my genealogy far enough back in time, I would find that I have Roman or Italian ancestors, although I believe your inference has nothing to do with my genetic inheritance, but as to who had demanded the death of Jesus, and it is obvious that you believe that it was the Romans.

Ben: You are indeed a smart boy.

But this is what Peter the Jew has to say to his fellow countrymen, Acts 2: 23, “In accordance with his own plan, (So to start with, we are looking at God’s own plan) God had already decided that Jesus be handed over to you (Jews) and you (Jews) killed him by letting sinful men crucify him.”

Ben: Sorry, but Peter never delivered that speech. In fact, no one delivered that speech. Luke wrote it but no one ever delivered it. If you read Acts 2:14, no Jew would ever introduce himself thus:
"You who are Jews, indeed all of you staying in Jerusalem..." That's a Gentile who wrote that speech. Most probably Luke, to be recorded as an enhacement for the establishment of the Church. Besides, Peter was a Nazarene Jew and not an anti-Semite. He Knew that the Jews had not killed Jesus, but the Romans.

The Romans may have been the instrument that the Jews used to have Jesus killed, but it was not the Romans who demanded his death, and if you believe so, then you are reading from a Bible of which you yourself are the author, for every Bible that I have at my disposal, states that Pilate, the Roman consulate, said to the Jews who were demanding the death of their promised Messianic King, “You take him then, and crucify him. I find no reason to condemn him.”

Ben: As I can see, you have a very poor knowledge of your ancestors. I think you should read Josephus about the kind of character Pilate was. Pilate needed no one to tell him whom to crucify of two Jews. He would pay to crucify both. All the attempts to justify Pilate by transfering the blame to the Jews, was born in the antisemitic character of Christianity.

After searching for ways to set Jesus free, Pilate was forced to bow to the will of the Jewish chief priests and Temple guards who were screaming, “Crucify him,! Crucify him! And after washing his hands of the blood of the innocent man, Pilate said to the crowd of Jews, Matthew 27: 24; “I’m not responsible for the death of this man! This is your (The Jews) doing!” Luke 23: 24; “So Pilate passed the sentence on Jesus that the Jews were demanding and Jesus was handed over to the sinful men who were the instrument by which those Jews killed the physical image of their saviour.

Ben: Pilate, bowing to the will of the Jews! Was it for the laughs or for the gags? Pilate, washing his hands to get clean from the death of a Jew? You are going to kill me with this joke! The Jews, demanding something of Pilate! Please, stop or I'll crack.

And you say that Pilate washed his hand of the blood of "this innocent man." For heaven's sake man, Jesus had for some time been watched by Rome, as he would preach about a certain Kingdom of God. It didn't matter to Rome whose kingdom was the one Jesus was preaching about. He would be arrested if the kingdom was not Caesar's. And that's what happened. No wonder the reason for his Roman sentence to crucifixion was on that plate on the top of his cross.

Last edited:

S-word

Quote...Ben: Pilate, bowing to the will of the Jews! Was it for the laughs or for the gags? Pilate, washing his hands to get clean from the death of a Jew? You are going to kill me with this joke! The Jews, demanding something of Pilate! Please, stop or I'll crack.

Ah Ben, you poor, poor soul; you are so flawed that it matters not if I should stop or continue bombarding you with the truth as revealed in scripture, time alone will cause you to crack and your flawed belief to be shattered.

Ben Masada

Quote...Ben: Pilate, bowing to the will of the Jews! Was it for the laughs or for the gags? Pilate, washing his hands to get clean from the death of a Jew? You are going to kill me with this joke! The Jews, demanding something of Pilate! Please, stop or I'll crack.

Ah Ben, you poor, poor soul; you are so flawed that it matters not if I should stop or continue bombarding you with the truth as revealed in scripture, time alone will cause you to crack and your flawed belief to be shattered.

And you say, "bombarding you with the truth as revealed in scripture" when you, it seems to me, ignore that there was no such a scripture at the time of the jokes above. These jokes were written 50+ years after Jesus had been gone, when the Church needed to compose a conspiracy to clean Rome from the death of Jesus and blame the Jews with it. I think that if Josephus had been alive then, they would have killed him first to prevent any threat to their conspiracy.

S-word

And you say, "bombarding you with the truth as revealed in scripture" when you, it seems to me, ignore that there was no such a scripture at the time of the jokes above. These jokes were written 50+ years after Jesus had been gone, when the Church needed to compose a conspiracy to clean Rome from the death of Jesus and blame the Jews with it. I think that if Josephus had been alive then, they would have killed him first to prevent any threat to their conspiracy.

Ahh! The conspiracy theory hey Ben; Reds under the beds, christians in every corner etc. Myself, I believe that you are conspiring with other satanic forces to turn people away from the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. But that's alright, you have a free will and it's up to you which group at which end of the spectrum of life that you wish to associate with.

Ben Masada

Ahh! The conspiracy theory hey Ben; Reds under the beds, christians in every corner etc. Myself, I believe that you are conspiring with other satanic forces to turn people away from the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. But that's alright, you have a free will and it's up to you which group at which end of the spectrum of life that you wish to associate with.

Well, the Church had to be established, and, it seems to me, anything was open season. Regarding satanic forces, these are for those who believe in Satan. Jews don't believe in Satan. And for turning people away from the God of Abrham, Isaac and Jacob, the opposite of what you think is true. God through my works has brought two former Jews back to the Faith of Jesus, which was Judaism and nine Gentiles have converted that I know of. That I don't know of, God does.

Last edited: