• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Miracle of Water.

tas8831

How does one know that one is not indoctrinated, please?
Regards
So...someone else is verifying that you belittle others, eh?

It seems to be a problem you have.
Poor thing... Whiny creationists that plagiarize and copy-paste often try to set themselves up as martyrs when they have had their ignorance/dishonesty exposed.

Serial plagiarist caught:

Flood Evidences — revised

Putting the JW Stand on Evolution in Perspective

Flood Evidences — revised

All for the glory of Jehovah!

Last edited:

tas8831

If you say so.....
sign0201.gif

But I don't remember ever claiming to be Jesus...and none of my brothers do either....

The cliff is still there though, I believe.....not good news for lemmings. :D
Wow...

You still believe that nonsense about lemmings? Not surprised.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Your religious doctrine is "Goddidit". That is the reason you are reject most or all of science. Your church denies natural causes. So, no goal post moving, but I see why you have to resort to that.
Uh-huh :rollseyes:

No, no, no....you applied a “goddidit” attitude to Newton, Boyle, Kepler, etc., not to just me.

Your post history proves it. So stop your faulty justification.

Furthermore, I don’t “reject most or all of science.”
That’s an untrue and goofy statement!

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Uh-huh :rollseyes:

No, no, no....you applied a “goddidit” attitude to Newton, Boyle, Kepler, etc., not to just me.

Your post history proves it. So stop your faulty justification.

Furthermore, I don’t “reject most or all of science.”
That’s an untrue and goofy statement!
You can roll your eyes all you like, it will not make you a scientist or suddenly know what you are talking about.

I did not say that Newton, Boyle, Kepler etc. were inhibited by Goddidit. You are inhibited by Goddidit. They were not prevented by their belief from recognizing facts and drawing conclusions, while you are.

Your religious doctrine is that Goddidit. Ask the Pelican. She went on a wild rant when I schooled her on the cause of disease. Her rant was Goddidit.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Wow...

You still believe that nonsense about lemmings? Not surprised.
Anti-vaccination lemmings that get diseases from having sex and are under the control of giant corporations run by the Devil. I love the new JW biology. If a woman weighs as much as a duck, then she will float and is therefore made of wood. So you can burn her as a witch.

Assertions are divine. You get a dozen for a dime. It's magic.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
That is the exact problem with most of the beliefs of those that champion creation myths as truth. Sensational documentary about in the 50s generated by urban myths unsupported by any evidence becomes unquestionable proofs for imaginary beliefs.
I thought a bunch of mindless creatures following some leader off a cliff was church doctrine.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I did not say that Newton, Boyle, Kepler etc. were inhibited by Goddidit.

You said, “Who knows. Maybe they would have gone even further than they did?”

The implication is clear.

Believing in the Biblical God, to you, inhibits research.

When, in reality, it stimulates it: it encourages curiosity & research, In finding out not only how He created it, but why? What purpose did the creation originally have?

Science will never get / understand it all, unless it broadens it’s perspective.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

When, in reality, it stimulates it: it encourages curiosity & research, In finding out not only how He created it, but why? What purpose did the creation originally have?

Science will never get / understand it all, unless it broadens it’s perspective.
What makes you think that believing in the Bible promotes research? Just look at how various creationist groups have to order their employees to swear to not follow the scientific method. Is it any wonder that their "papers" are the joke of the science world?

By the way, you have yet to show any evidence for a "creation".

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

What is the point here? You have turned this into a sub-thread about me. Is it because the truth that Newton, Kepler, Bacon, et. al. is that they were not constrained by a church doctrine that demanded they ignore the sense of their own observations and repeat some mindless screed instead. Well, deal with it.

Now you are making up lies about me. I have never said that believing God inhibits research. It has not inhibited mine.

Following JW doctrine inhibits learning, discovery, and understanding from what I have seen and it is the reason you reject parts of science and not because you understand those parts and see some valid flaw.

If you want to impress me with how merciful and compassionately Christian JW's are then please continue making me the subject of your posts. It is the sort of witness I have come to expect.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
What makes you think that believing in the Bible promotes research? Just look at how various creationist groups have to order their employees to swear to not follow the scientific method. Is it any wonder that their "papers" are the joke of the science world?

By the way, you have yet to show any evidence for a "creation".
I don't really pay much attention to the religion that a scientist follows, but are there any JW evolutionary biologists that you know of? If there are, I would wonder how they manage to compartmentalize there religion or carry it out while doing actual science. Or they don't do actual science and just follow some made up ideology of intelligent design.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

If they were constrained by a belief that Genesis was an actual account of real events that took place and not just an allegory, then believing that would have inhibited them. I don't really know that they were so constrained.

Your implication is something you made up and not something I said or believe.

Why would a creationist need to look for purpose when they believe that it is to entertain and worship God and only that? Do you, as a literalist, cretionist, have a different purpose in mind for yourself. What would be the point of asking questions, since you already believe everything is pre-ordained to turn out so that only you JW's will get to Heaven or wherever it is that you think you are going?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't really pay much attention to the religion that a scientist follows, but are there any JW evolutionary biologists that you know of? If there are, I would wonder how they manage to compartmentalize there religion or carry it out while doing actual science. Or they don't do actual science and just follow some made up ideology of intelligent design.

The JW's appear to have certain fields that are taboo for them. Biology clearly would be one of them.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
You have turned this into a sub-thread about me.

Now you are making up lies about me.

If you want to impress me with how merciful and compassionately Christian JW's are then please continue making me the subject of your posts. It is the sort of witness I have come to expect.

Maybe its *you* making these posts about *you*
sad0127.gif
.....and emotional blackmail to boot....:rolleyes:

You can attack the religious position of others but when someone steps on your religious toes, you whine like a little girl
sad0116.gif
.....what is with that?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Following JW doctrine inhibits learning, discovery, and understanding from what I have seen and it is the reason you reject parts of science and not because you understand those parts and see some valid flaw.

You must’ve not read my previous posts, lol.

I’m constantly pointing out “valid flaws”!

Irreducible complexity (which has not been debunked, sorry)...

The evidence found in the Cambrian Explosion (still waiting to find those precursors)...

The sheer diversity of species (billions), explained as originating through natural selection of random mutations? Funny stuff!...

The E. coli LTEE (even after 65,000+ generations under lab-controlled conditions, no macroevolution observed)....

Etc.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The JW's appear to have certain fields that are taboo for them. Biology clearly would be one of them.
I would imagine that it is not just frowned on, but objected to strenuously.

Clearly I have angered some that cannot face the facts that they are not using science to reject science, but just following church doctrine. It looks like is going to do her usual and just make personal attacks now. @Hockeycowboy and I may not agree, but at least he is usually civil and I think a genuinely compassionate person. Not everyone is that way.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You must’ve not read my previous posts, lol.

I’m constantly pointing out “valid flaws”!

Irreducible complexity (which has not been debunked, sorry)...

The evidence found in the Cambrian Explosion (still waiting to find those precursors)...

The sheer diversity of species (billions), explained as originating through natural selection of random mutations? Funny stuff!...

The E. coli LTEE (even after 65,000+ generations under lab-controlled conditions, no macroevolution observed)....

Etc.
You have it backwards. First off irreducible complexity has been debunked. All of the early claims for it have been shown to be false and they cannot seem to come up with any others. Second even if there were not "debunked" the problem is that like most creationist claims there is no scientific evidence for them. There is no need to debunk an idea that has no support at all.

And the precursors can be found in the Ediacaran. There is no need to find the exact ones since the method of preservation is so different that it is expected that they would appear to be different. Yet there is no lack of complex life to be the seed of the Cambrian.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I would imagine that it is not just frowned on, but objected to strenuously.

Clearly I have angered some that cannot face the facts that they are not using science to reject science, but just following church doctrine. It looks like is going to do her usual and just make personal attacks now. @Hockeycowboy and I may not agree, but at least he is usually civil and I think a genuinely compassionate person. Not everyone is that way.

Kudos for him in that. I just had a run-in with a creationist when he was shown to be in error he went into a massive personal attack series. Unlike those in the sciences that often relish being shown to be wrong if one shows some creationists to be wrong they will attack you.

EDIT: Oops, I may have spoke to soon. One flaw of @Hockeycowboy is that he abuses the rating system. He just incorrectly used an "optimistic" rating on one of my posts. Ironically he cannot understand that can only mean that I am optimistic when I hope that he can face reality. Oh the self defeating irony of creationism.