• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Miracle of Water.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The realized that scripture is not God and that some of it is just stories written by men to try and understand their relationship to God and the universe.

Your church has no greater understanding of scripture than any other church. Just different.
So, what are you trying to say? That these scientists I mentioned thought God wasn't the Creator? That He wasn't the Author of the Bible, either?

Because that's the issue in discussion, nothing else.

And that view did not inhibit curiosity! Or from wondering and examining how things works, actually the view that Someone intelligent made it, gave them another facet to discover: the why, i.e., the purpose behind it.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
So, what are you trying to say? That these scientists I mentioned thought God wasn't the Creator? That He wasn't the Author of the Bible, either?

Because that's the issue in discussion, nothing else.

And that view did not inhibit curiosity! Or from wondering and examining how things works, actually the view that Someone intelligent made it, gave them another facet to discover: the why, i.e., the purpose behind it.
Their religious beliefs did not hinder their curiosity. Your church doctrine is designed to inhibit curiosity.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Evidence.
No it does not. It is not logic. It is desire for a specific outcome based on belief. That is just doctrine talking. Not logic or evidence.
Tell me...what was SETI based on? How would these searchers determine what was Intelligence-sourced, and what was from mindless accidents?

If you can honestly answer that question, then you'll have to admit the logic behind my statements.

But I predict you'll do some dance to obfuscate the *evidence*, or the issue, or both.

ecco

Veteran Member
No way!
And that's not the issue!
Apparently, saying "Goddidit" stifles science. So ID stifles science?

Please! What nonsense!

No nonsense!
Those who believe GodDidIt have no interest in learning about scientific truth (except to try to argue against it).

Those who believe GodDidIt often try to stifle science - See Kitzmiller v. Dover Area School District.

tas8831

LOL....no, water and all the molecules that make up matter in its many forms, just figured it out for themselves. They just thought it would a good idea to get together and have a creation party :)
....what clever little molecules...and they don't even have a brain. :shrug:

Wow...

Is this the JW level of scientific discourse coupled with their actual knowledge of basic science?

Do you really think atoms 'think' or 'decide' or need to be told what to do?

Have you never taken a science class at all?

Right - too much "jargon" for you to handle.

tas8831

OK....my questions would be....

Who created chemistry? Where do the principles or laws of chemistry that are known to science, originate?

Where do electric charges come from? Why is there polarity?

Why are there hydrogen bonds? Ionic bonds? Covalent bonds?

Who created intermolecular forces? Proteins? Nulceic acid?

Who created the molecules that make up everything on this planet? Did they just appear out of nowhere?
Where did matter come from?

Who created the attraction necessary for anything to bond? Who created the laws of attraction? Did they too just come out of nowhere?

If the "the hydrogen must be attached to a strongly electronegative heteroatom," then who determined that ?

Those who study the various branches of science, if they want to retain any credibility, must of necessity ignore the most basic question of life.....who created what science studies?
You know how mechanisms work but not who invented them.

Perhaps you need "learn something"? :D

I see about 17 questions that I might expect from a 5th grader, not from someone pretending to be intelligent and knowledgeable in science.

Like "Why are there hydrogen bonds?"

From a 5th grader, I get it.

From an adult claiming a great deal of scientific knowledge? Just a really really stupid question - if real, indicative of tremendous ignorance and child-like thinking; if not, indicative of trolling and disingenuous antics.

Do you really now know that a hydrogen bond is?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
There is no substance on earth as vital for life as water is.....can it be just a fluke of nature?...or is it evidence of purposeful design?

Please watch the video and see what logical conclusion you come to.....

Jehovah's Witnesses BROADCASTING
Amazing!

Regards
[21:31]اَوَ لَمۡ یَرَ الَّذِیۡنَ کَفَرُوۡۤا اَنَّ السَّمٰوٰتِ وَ الۡاَرۡضَ کَانَتَا رَتۡقًا فَفَتَقۡنٰہُمَا ؕ وَ جَعَلۡنَا مِنَ الۡمَآءِ کُلَّ شَیۡءٍ حَیٍّ ؕ اَفَلَا یُؤۡمِنُوۡنَ ﴿۳۱﴾
Do not the disbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were a closed-up mass, then We opened them out? And We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?
The Holy Quran - Chapter: 21: Al-Anbiya'

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Wow...
Is this the JW level of scientific discourse coupled with their actual knowledge of basic science?
Do you really think atoms 'think' or 'decide' or need to be told what to do?
Have you never taken a science class at all?
Right - too much "jargon" for you to handle.
Why is one angry with friend @Deeje , please? What hurt one's feelings, please?
Science deals only a part of the human life concerning the physical. Human life is much more to it.
There is nothing wrong with @Deeje, if he shared a thing with us. If one had to say something one could have presented it without such offending sentiments or belittling him. Right, please?

Regards

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Science deals only a part of the human life concerning the physical. Human life is much more to it.
There is nothing wrong with @Deeje, if he shared a thing with us. If one had to say something one could have presented it without such offending sentiments or belittling him. Right, please?

Regards
Thank you for your kind words. (I am a "she" BTW)

That video is proof of the amazing properties of water....something we seem to take for granted. But seeing how amazing it really is and then waving away the fact that it was created as a foundation for the existence of all living things is just spiritual blindness at work in the hearts of unbelievers.
I wonder how many of them even watched that video??

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

That video is proof of the amazing properties of water....something we seem to take for granted. But seeing how amazing it really is and then waving away the fact that it was created as a foundation for the existence of all living things is just spiritual blindness at work in the hearts of unbelievers.
I stand corrected sister.
The non-believers need to correct themselves about other aspects of life. Science is a common tool ,for believers and non-believers alike, to know the physical and material aspect of life. I agree with one.

Regards

tas8831

Why talking like Yoda you are, hmmm?
Cool assertion.

Regards

Why the unidirectional concern? Why the inventive labeling?
Your good pal has claimed such things as knowing all about science, then written things like how bacteria have immunity.
She has claimed to know all about science then - as of the last time I did a search - complained about how scientists use too much "jargon" 64 times.

Been hoodwinked you have, hmmm?

cladking

I didn't watch the video but wager it didn't do justice to the miracle that is water.

Consider for example it is composed of the element that powers the suns and the element that allows animal life on earth.

Water rules real life and destroys those who are careless but it begins with the power of life itself.

tas8831

With your vast scientific knowledge and experience, please give us all some examples re: how YOU would research and deduce "purpose" in biological structures.

And no copy-pasting of things you've never read, please! I know you can do it!

tas8831

Tell me...what was SETI based on? How would these searchers determine what was Intelligence-sourced, and what was from mindless accidents?

If you can honestly answer that question, then you'll have to admit the logic behind my statements.

But I predict you'll do some dance to obfuscate the *evidence*, or the issue, or both.
Maybe you could ask SETI researchers. They are not evolution researchers. Can we ask you to answer for Hindu Scripture?

Looks to me like you just cannot produce what has been asked for.

tas8831

No way!

Please! What nonsense!

Here is the premiere "Intelligent Design" scientific journal:

Archives

It is something to behold. Despite no-strings funding (i.e., no applying for competitive grants like every real scientist), their output for last year was - 4 papers.

FOUR.
For the entire year. And only one even comes close to actual 'research.'

Looking through all of the "volumes" of Bio-Complexity, a trend emerges - a non-scientific review, one model or theoretical paper on calculating SI or some such rot, and a couple anti-evolution screeds.

Such SCIENCE!

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member

I missed these. SETI is still around. They are looking for signals coming from outer space that would not be the result of natural causes. We already have a model of what those signals might be like. Occasionally, some of our own signals get picked up as a false positive. That we have an idea of what another physical intelligence my produce in the way of electromagnetic signals, does not mean that intelligent design logically follows, because some people can believe there is design visible in something (for the more incredulous, everything).

Just because some science deniers want to pretend they are rejecting valid science, because they understand it when they don't and are really just following their churches doctrine doggedly, has nothing to do with SETI. Take it up with SETI and see what they think of your logic.

Dan From Smithville

What's up Doc?
Staff member
Premium Member
No way!

Please! What nonsense!
Goddidit stifles curiosity. Your church doctrine stifles curiosity. Claiming that everything is the result of governments and large corporations all under the control of Satan, stifles curiosity.

ID is a religious belief. It may actually be helping science, since it is clear that fundamentalists now recognize that science is so robust and useful, they have to model their religion after it.