• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Miracle of Water.

tas8831

He did so for a very good reason and as Creator he can give life and also remove it from those who would corrupt the activities of other humans on this planet.

"Do as Jehovah says, not as He does."

Hosea 13:16

Totally cool, cuz Jehovah said to do it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Hold those thoughts ST.....you will anyway. What more can be said? As I see things, we will all be "believers" one day......but for some of us, it will be too late. If people don't want God, that is their choice. He doesn't have to want them either.
Of course I will, because you have nothing to offer other than unsubstantiated claims and bluster.
Notice here again, how you didn't even bother trying to respond to the content of my post.

It only took 150 years for humans to kill God. Amazing!
What are you talking about? I'm talking about scientific knowledge and advancement which has nothing to do with any god(s).

Not to mention, yet again, that many religious-minded people accept evolution. They also accept germ theory and gravitational theory, despite the fact that the explanations for those phenomena don't include god either. Do you accept germ theory and gravitational theory, even though they make no assertions about gods?

And in those 150 years of advancement in science we have been taken to the brink of our own extinction.....by pollution of the land, air and water with poisonous man-made substances, the invention of petroleum powered vehicles, the invention of nuclear weapons, nuclear power stations, interruption of natural weather patterns by destroying natural forests, the introduction of GMO products, developing unnatural synthetic "medicines" that kill more people every year than they save......now add to that corrupt politics, an inordinate focus on wealth, power and a never ending supply of technological toys and we have disturbance in our brain function because of the EMF radiation that we are all exposed to every day. 5G is coming so, what little brain cells we have left will be turned to mush.
Our species has been on the brink of extinction in the past, long before our advancements in science allowed us to live longer and healthier lives than ever before in our history with all kinds of amazing luxuries than enhance our lives, that our ancestors couldn't have even wrapped their minds around.

Medicines have saved countless lives. Give me a break.

Left to answer to no one but themselves, humans have used science to end their own existence....in more ways than we can count. It's only a matter of time.
Yeah, yeah. The end is coming soon, believe what I believe or else you'll be sorry ... blah, blah. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

All hail science eh?

We all choose our own future. All the best with your choice. :cool:

I like mine better. :)

I love how you just ignored everything I said and decided instead to go on one of your rants filled with repeats of the same arguments you've been trying since day 1, as though I haven't already rebutted them several times over. That's great and it's quite telling.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
You see, this is what happens when you don't listen. I have no issues with real provable science. I have issues with suggestions, assertions and guesses being presented as facts in macro-evolution, when there is no way to prove them. I know, I know, science doesn't deal in provable facts......so what do you call assertions that cannot be proven? "Evidence"? Nothing is proven by that anyway. Educated guesses are not facts.
Yes, you've said that several times, but your words are empty when your views are actually explored in depth.

You don't accept the sciences that contribute to evolutionary theory. Those include, biology, molecular biology, geology, ecology, paleontology, zoology, botany, paleobotany, oceanography, anatomy, biogeography, to name a few.

Gene therapy is a relatively new frontier and whist scientists dabble in things that can be highly unethical, I support the use of stem cells when they are not harvested from aborted fetuses. There are lines that should not be crossed without a good deal of research. Now that stem cells can be harvested from our own fat cells, the ethical dilemmas have been reduced to a manageable level.
The fetus is already aborted anyway. What right do you have to tell someone can't donate their fetus to science? Would you tell someone they're not allowed to donate a kidney, because you don't like it?

If you are looking for a hindrance to gene therapies, then I suggest that you look no further than the ones who do the research themselves. The drug company funded research is in no hurry to cure anything...they are making too much money off of treatments.....there is no money in cures. Stem cells could put big pharma and orthopedic surgeons out of business. Fancy using the body's own healing mechanisms to do away with invasive surgeries. Whodathunk?
Boy, you have a conspiracy theory for everything, don't you?

Just for the record, NO JW has ever hindered anything done by science. Its none of our business what science does. We will however investigate what science has done and if it is unethical from our perspective, then we might reject a procedure based on the grounds of conscience. But as for hindering the progress of science, you are barking up the wrong tree.
Right, right. You just say that science is BS over and over.

Now, might I suggest that if you are so bored that you have no one else to talk to...you might find something more productive to do than carry on at me. I know what your opinion is so there is no need to keep repeating it...OK?
Sounds like projection to me.

tas8831

What is to accept?

I would say "What middle eastern cult does NOT claim that those that do not follow it are wrong? "

I would then ask them about Hosea 13:16 "their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up." and ask why they worship so bloodthirsty a thug.
Three questions :
What's a middle aged cult?

Forget your spectacles, pops?

I wrote:

"middle eastern cult"

Did you miss this? Hosea 13:16 "Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God."
No - but how does a fetus "rebel", simple sam?

Does a bloodthirsty individual offer wicked people deserving death many many opportunities to turn from their corrupt ways, and then freely forgive them and take care of them even though they are still not deserving that care?

How would a fetus do any of that, Mr.Wizard?

sealchan

There is no substance on earth as vital for life as water is.....can it be just a fluke of nature?...or is it evidence of purposeful design?

Please watch the video and see what logical conclusion you come to.....

Jehovah's Witnesses BROADCASTING

Water doesnt take sides (on the pH scale) and is generally known to be wishy-washy. It keeps us cool on a warm day (swimming pool) and shuts out the bitter Arctic winds (igloo). Purposeful design? Or just middle of the road nature?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Water doesnt take sides (on the pH scale) and is generally known to be wishy-washy. It keeps us cool on a warm day (swimming pool) and shuts out the bitter Arctic winds (igloo). Purposeful design? Or just middle of the road nature?

LOL...I don't believe nature is ever "middle of the road".....its ingenious....like its designer. :D

ecco

Veteran Member
There is no substance on earth as vital for life as water is.....can it be just a fluke of nature?...or is it evidence of purposeful design?

Four minutes and twenty seconds of OK sciency stuff. Then eight seconds JW. It's kind of like a TV show. Twenty minutes in comes the "and now a word from our sponsor". I do wonder about the purpose of the video.

ecco

Veteran Member
And all of those things that make life possible did not just come together by accident. How could you make a list of all the things that make life possible and come to the conclusion that it was all coincidental? How many flukes would it take, do you think?
Far fewer flukes than those that led to YOUR existence.

tas8831

But he - and they all - just keep on keeping on, hoping, I suppose, that their deity will look favorably upon their desperation and willingness to make fools of themselves.
THIS is why it took you so long to reply? You had to search and search for some keyword-based quotes that you thought had relevance??

LOL!!!

Which of these diversions address your FAILURES that I documented here?

Was that supposed to address your documented FAILURE when you foolishly and ignorantly wrote:

""By looking at this data - data on genetic divergence among 24 inbred strains of mice, we can examine it along with the trees we drew up, and see what they can tell us."

Surely, you do not actually think the trees are drawn up BEFORE examining the data? Are you really THAT uninformed?

Did you actually think that defining the word "drawing" would rescue your ignorance?

Not this particular tree, no...

I'm betting you thought that was a GOTCHA!, didn't you?

:rolleyes:

I guess this was supposed to rebut this sentence of mine:

"There is no mention of any hypothesized phylogenetic tree because the phylogeny of the test taxon was KNOWN."

I hope that be my pasting my sentence again for you shows how you failed yet again.

But I doubt it will actually sink in...

So I guess you felt it OK to ignore and leave out this sentence, just before where you decided to copy-paste:

"The phylogeny you see below represents the basic relationships that tie all life on Earth together.
dot_clear.gif
"

All that crap you pasted was about THAT tree.

DUH.

What about it? Was the Atchley paper examining gene copies? No. Just more confusion and desperation on your part.

Please explain the relevance of THAT to this:

Gene trees and the origins of inbred strains of mice

WR Atchley and WM Fitch

Extensive data on genetic divergence among 24 inbred strains of mice provide an opportunity to examine the concordance of gene trees and species trees, especially whether structured subsamples of loci give congruent estimates of phylogenetic relationships. Phylogenetic analyses of 144 separate loci reproduce almost exactly the known genealogical relationships among these 24 strains. Partitioning these loci into structured subsets representing loci coding for proteins, the immune system and endogenous viruses give incongruent phylogenetic results. The gene tree based on protein loci provides an accurate picture of the genealogical relationships among strains; however, gene trees based upon immune and viral data show significant deviations from known genealogical affinities.

I think you made my point - again - for me.

The point is that you do not understand this material at all. But, in your zeal to prop up your religion, you pretend that you do. And and in your Dunning-Kruger effect pretense, you end up making a bigger and bigger fool of yourself.

You really should have stopped when I pointed out all of your failures in the previous exchange. Did you actually think that a few minutes on Google would save your embarrassment?

What goes through the head of folks like you?

sooda

Veteran Member
The universe is not subject to evolution, so did these wonders just pop into existence by undirected chance? Look what's out there.....! It's mind blowing. All accidental?

Just a reminder that childish sniping is not an adequate response....it's a pathetic cover up for inadequate lines of evidence and an excuse for having no credible answers......IMO the awesome power behind creation requires something beyond human comprehension....and beyond empty rhetoric.

Water is vital to human life and is especially understood to be so in the Middle East.

In fact, Sharia means "the well worn path to life giving water".

Wandering Monk

Hydrogen is the first and oxygen the third most abundant elements in the universe. Water or ice is all over the place in the universe. Hardly a fluke.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Hydrogen is the first and oxygen the third most abundant elements in the universe. Water or ice is all over the place in the universe. Hardly a fluke.

LOL....no, water and all the molecules that make up matter in its many forms, just figured it out for themselves. They just thought it would a good idea to get together and have a creation party :)
....what clever little molecules...and they don't even have a brain. :shrug:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Nature clearly demonstrates genius....rationally, genius is the result of intelligence....intelligence needs a mind....and a mind can design things that are ingenious. The mind has to have a vehicle...why can't that vehicle be God?

What we need to get rid of, is the notion that God is some kind of big wizard in the sky, proofing things into existence. This is not the way the Bible portrays him at all.

Because he is a powerful living lifeform who is outside of an earthbound human's experience, we tend to want to place him in the realm of fantasy, but what if all we need to do is understand that such a powerful Creator exists and that we are a product of his creative abilities? If he is the all powerful Creator of all things, and creation is an important project for him, then he has the right to tell us how to live the life he's given us.....doesn't he? We have a purpose here in the big scheme of things.

Can we imagine his reaction when confronting puny humans who think that they are too intelligent to believe in him, and who think that they can manage their life here without him? Look at how we are mismanaging our lives here and how we are polluting and destroying everything on this planet!

Can we see, as the Bible indicates, that God has stepped out of the picture to allow these "grasshoppers" to prove to themselves how much they need him? (Isaiah 40:22) How intelligent are we really?

The big picture is pretty amazing when you understand it.

Wandering Monk

LOL....no, water and all the molecules that make up matter in its many forms, just figured it out for themselves. They just thought it would a good idea to get together and have a creation party :)
....what clever little molecules...and they don't even have a brain. :shrug:

Learn something:

In chemistry, a hydrogen bond is a type of attractive intermolecular force that exists between two partial electric charges of opposite polarity. Although stronger than most other intermolecular forces, the hydrogen bond is much weaker than both the ionic bond and the covalent bond. Within macromolecules such as proteins and nucleic acids, it can exist between two parts of the same molecule, and figures as an important constraint on such molecules' overall shape.

As the name "hydrogen bond" implies, one part of the bond involves a hydrogen atom. The hydrogen must be attached to a strongly electronegative heteroatom, such as oxygen, nitrogen or fluorine, which is called the hydrogen-bond donor.

What are hydrogen bonds?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Learn something:

In chemistry, a hydrogen bond is a type of attractive intermolecular force that exists between two partial electric charges of opposite polarity. Although stronger than most other intermolecular forces, the hydrogen bond is much weaker than both the ionic bond and the covalent bond. Within macromolecules such as proteins and nucleic acids, it can exist between two parts of the same molecule, and figures as an important constraint on such molecules' overall shape.

As the name "hydrogen bond" implies, one part of the bond involves a hydrogen atom. The hydrogen must be attached to a strongly electronegative heteroatom, such as oxygen, nitrogen or fluorine, which is called the hydrogen-bond donor.

What are hydrogen bonds?

OK....my questions would be....

Who created chemistry? Where do the principles or laws of chemistry that are known to science, originate?

Where do electric charges come from? Why is there polarity?

Why are there hydrogen bonds? Ionic bonds? Covalent bonds?

Who created intermolecular forces? Proteins? Nulceic acid?

Who created the molecules that make up everything on this planet? Did they just appear out of nowhere?
Where did matter come from?

Who created the attraction necessary for anything to bond? Who created the laws of attraction? Did they too just come out of nowhere?

If the "the hydrogen must be attached to a strongly electronegative heteroatom," then who determined that ?

Those who study the various branches of science, if they want to retain any credibility, must of necessity ignore the most basic question of life.....who created what science studies?
You know how mechanisms work but not who invented them.

Perhaps you need "learn something"? :D