• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Miracle of Water.

Bear Wild

I think there will be lots of nervous laughter in the time to come, so not one bit nervous I'm sorry....What have I got to lose compared with what you guys have to lose? Seriously? God's existence is not dependent upon the "beliefs" of those who choose evolution. You really think it makes him go away?

Let's wait and see....shall we? :D

Seriously it does not make god go away since god is only an imaginary belief in your head. You do not like evolution because it is based on evidence and not belief and has withstood the onslaught of so many who have tried to dismiss it, bury it in a court of law and relentless misuse of scientific and natural evidence to argue against it. The theory has been challenged by all including scientists only to come out with increasing evidence for the theory. Believe what you want, imagine all you want but you have not shown anything that in any way disproves the theory. You have helped me to update my understanding with your challenges so I will thank you for that.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Believe what you want, imagine all you want but you have not shown anything that in any way disproves the theory. You have helped me to update my understanding with your challenges so I will thank you for that.

My pleasure....if you are content with your belief system and I am content with mine, you can accept what science tells you all you wish about the validity of their evidence....it won't change anything.

I have accomplished my task. :) The message from the Bible is that this world is going to descend deeper and deeper into unbelief so we see the world itself is already showing its ungodliness in ways never even imaginable a few decades ago.

If you are content to believe men of science who have no substantive evidence for what they believe apart from the limits of adaptation, then all the best with that.

Evolutionists exhibit a special kind of blindness that is not at all surprising because of who is pulling the wool over their eyes. But hey what would I know...right? I am just a messenger and I have delivered my message.
This small world, contained in this vast universe did not get here by chance and its future is already foretold. Regardless of what we believe, or who we believe, nothing will stop what's coming. That is what I believe and that is what I will stand by.

Time will tell...won't it.

tas8831

I think there will be lots of nervous laughter in the time to come, so not one bit nervous I'm sorry.
We've been hearing that for centuries. Hollow self-righteous threats.
...What have I got to lose compared with what you guys have to lose? Seriously? God's existence is not dependent upon the "beliefs" of those who choose evolution. You really think it makes him go away?
God's existence is not demonstrated, so there is nothing TO go away.

Hilarious - what sort of psychology allows the religionist to believe that religious threats have any effect on those not accepting the phony claims of her religion?

Still waiting for you to explain how a bacterium 'makes itself immune' to anything.

You can't answer, for to do so would require an actual understanding of bacterial genetics and immunity, and you have demonstrated repeatedly that your knowledge of biology is on par with a 5th grader.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
The message from the Bible is that this world is going to descend deeper and deeper into unbelief so we see the world itself is already showing its ungodliness in ways never even imaginable a few decades ago.
Yes indeed. I kinda think killing witches should be considered ungodly. I kinda think torturing people who didn't believe in a particular version of god and stealing their possessions should be considered ungodly. I kinda think owning and beating slaves should be considered ungodly.

But then, that's all in keeping with "The message{s} from your Bible"

ecco

Veteran Member
Well, yes and no.

Yes. Time has certainly told us that predictions of the end times are all nonsense or, worse yet, the words of con men designed to have control over those segments of the population who are prone to superstitious beliefs.

No. It won't tell anyone anything at the point of their death. Being dead, they will never realize that their belief in their god was just as much of a fantasy as were the beliefs in Zeus or Unahlahnauhi.

ecco

Veteran Member
2 violations of the smilies rule from the religionist.
There's a smilies rule?

I was not aware of that. To me, the smilies are the same as nervous laughter often exhibited by people in face to face conversations when they are lying.

tas8831

There's a smilies rule?

I was not aware of that. To me, the smilies are the same as nervous laughter often exhibited by people in face to face conversations when they are lying.
I don't know if it is an 'official' rule or not, but I got a warning once for using the smiling emoticon as 'goading', and I think there was a post about it somewhere.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I think there will be lots of nervous laughter in the time to come, so not one bit nervous I'm sorry....What have I got to lose compared with what you guys have to lose? Seriously? God's existence is not dependent upon the "beliefs" of those who choose evolution. You really think it makes him go away?

So here we are, back at Pascal's wager, yet again.

What if you're wrong?

ecco

Veteran Member
I don't know if it is an 'official' rule or not, but I got a warning once for using the smiling emoticon as 'goading', and I think there was a post about it somewhere.
I think I remember that. Apparently, it is not nice to use emojis to laugh at someone's post.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So here we are, back at Pascal's wager, yet again.

What if you're wrong?

What will I lose? How is evolution a threat to my beliefs in any way? Once I am dead....that's it. Nothing of me will exist ever again. Do you find that scary? Why would you?

If on the other hand, you had to answer to the power that created the universe for promoting something that made him redundant, then that just might make the situation before the inevitable outcome a little different.

But no one is forced to believe and warnings do not have to be heeded. We all make our own choices according to our own beliefs for our own reasons. You have beliefs, just like I do. If you are happy with your choice then so be it. Are you a good gambler? The weight of evidence is all on one side to me....it's on the other side for you guys.

I must say, I enjoy seeing the derision used to puff up inflated egos. "He who laughs last"....and all that.
Dawkins would be proud of some of these arrogant science buffs. :D

Truly Enlightened

My pleasure....if you are content with your belief system and I am content with mine, you can accept what science tells you all you wish about the validity of their evidence....it won't change anything.

I have accomplished my task. :) The message from the Bible is that this world is going to descend deeper and deeper into unbelief so we see the world itself is already showing its ungodliness in ways never even imaginable a few decades ago.

If you are content to believe men of science who have no substantive evidence for what they believe apart from the limits of adaptation, then all the best with that.

Evolutionists exhibit a special kind of blindness that is not at all surprising because of who is pulling the wool over their eyes. But hey what would I know...right? I am just a messenger and I have delivered my message.
This small world, contained in this vast universe did not get here by chance and its future is already foretold. Regardless of what we believe, or who we believe, nothing will stop what's coming. That is what I believe and that is what I will stand by.

History has already shown us a world controlled by the beliefs of religious zealots, tribal superstitions, fairy tales, Gods, and hopes based on other fantasies. This was a world controlled by old men(not women), that were desperate to maintain their perception of some ecclesiastical purpose. This was a world where charlatans and con men created their own inflated sense of self-importance, self-worth, to establish their own unquestionable position of divine power. This was a world where unspeakable atrocities were committed(and still do today) in the name of what is Good and Self Righteous(and their own self-interests). For 1000 years(500 - 1500 AD), it was an Age where beliefs and tribal superstitions were the only substitute for logic and reason. An age where religious belief became the only truth accessible to the ignorant, and also emboldened them from their fear of death. This was the age where individualism and critical thinkers were discouraged and even punished. This was, "The Dark Ages" of our history. We certainly don't plan on going back there again, in either our thoughts or in our actions. Obviously, not everyone has embraced the "New Age of Reason". And unfortunately, deleting useless genes from our gene pool does take time.

Considering that 84% of the world's population consists of religious believers, the world descending into unbelief seems baseless at best. Unless, being religious has nothing to do with general behavior? Can you think of other social variables that might be applicable? All man-made atrocities are wrong. But, to justify an atrocity with "God is my authority" is psychotic and irrational, and should never be allowed to exist in today's world of rational thinkers.

If you knew anything about Entropy, you would realize that the chances of an Earth like ours NOT being formed over 10 Billion years, would be nearly impossible. Therefore, the formation of our Earth was inevitable, not evitable.

We are all going to die, regardless of what we believe in(or not). At least Atheist are not faced with the problem of not-knowing that the religion you have chosen is the correct one, and all the other 4,199 are false. What we do know, is there is nothing to justify a belief that anything metaphysical will happen to us after death, other than what we can plainly see laying in the coffin. To claim anything else without some related evidence, is just another con job to strengthen the faith of those already predisposed. Whenever you try to speak outside the choir, you need to bring more to the table than just rote-learned sound-bites and the Bible.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Considering that 84% of the world's population consists of religious believers, the world descending into unbelief seems baseless at best. Unless, being religious has nothing to do with general behavior?

Do you think "religious believers" all worship the same god? Out of the 84% of those "religious believers", the ones who qualify as genuine Christians would be a very small percentage indeed. God didn't invent religion or other gods....men did. They fashioned their gods after themselves. They have no beliefs in common with me.

Can you think of other social variables that might be applicable? All man-made atrocities are wrong. But, to justify an atrocity with "God is my authority" is psychotic and irrational, and should never be allowed to exist in today's world of rational thinkers.

I have no idea what you mean by this.....I agree that all man-made atrocity is wrong.....what on earth are you talking about? Who is justifying an atrocity with "God is my authority"? :shrug:

If you knew anything about Entropy, you would realize that the chances of an Earth like ours NOT being formed over 10 Billion years, would be nearly impossible. Therefore, the formation of our Earth was inevitable, not evitable.

Entropy...."PHYSICS
a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.. . . . lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder."

You are going to have to explain that logically. What you said makes no sense. Since when does a lack of order produce order? The Universe has order so precise that predictions can be made about the movements of the heavenly bodies that will remain predictable for billions of years. How is a planet like ours inevitable when we can see no others like it? What is there to compare it to? What does science really know about the origin of the universe and life itself?

We are all going to die, regardless of what we believe in (or not). At least Atheist are not faced with the problem of not-knowing that the religion you have chosen is the correct one, and all the other 4,199 are false. What we do know, is there is nothing to justify a belief that anything metaphysical will happen to us after death, other than what we can plainly see laying in the coffin.

And you are free to hold whatever belief you choose. All of the things that justify belief in an Intelligent Creator are right under our collective noses, but you choose to ignore them, brushing them aside as convenient accidents of "nature". Statistically speaking, how many random accidents of nature can you accommodate and still remain rational?

To claim anything else without some related evidence, is just another con job to strengthen the faith of those already predisposed. Whenever you try to speak outside the choir, you need to bring more to the table than just rote-learned sound-bites and the Bible.

That depends on what you mean by evidence....I see the 'evidence' produced by science to be a gigantic con job to keep the unbelievers in line. You have a choir of your own regurgitating sound-bites that have no substance.

Until I started to examine evolution, I had no idea how much you guys accept on blind faith. You have to have more faith to accept what science "believes" with such little actual evidence to support it, than we do in what the Bible says. :facepalm:

To each his own I guess.....

tas8831

Still waiting for your amazing JW 'science'!

Who remembers when deeje wrote:

"They [bacteria] adapted to antibiotics by making themselves immune to them."

I asked to explain what that means and, of course, she ignore the request. So typical of these folks.

Truly Enlightened

Do you think "religious believers" all worship the same god? Out of the 84% of those "religious believers", the ones who qualify as genuine Christians would be a very small percentage indeed. God didn't invent religion or other gods....men did. They fashioned their gods after themselves. They have no beliefs in common with me.

I have no idea what you mean by this.....I agree that all man-made atrocity is wrong.....what on earth are you talking about? Who is justifying an atrocity with "God is my authority"? :shrug:

Entropy...."PHYSICS
a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.. . . . lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder."

You are going to have to explain that logically. What you said makes no sense. Since when does a lack of order produce order? The Universe has order so precise that predictions can be made about the movements of the heavenly bodies that will remain predictable for billions of years. How is a planet like ours inevitable when we can see no others like it? What is there to compare it to? What does science really know about the origin of the universe and life itself?

And you are free to hold whatever belief you choose. All of the things that justify belief in an Intelligent Creator are right under our collective noses, but you choose to ignore them, brushing them aside as convenient accidents of "nature". Statistically speaking, how many random accidents of nature can you accommodate and still remain rational?

That depends on what you mean by evidence....I see the 'evidence' produced by science to be a gigantic con job to keep the unbelievers in line. You have a choir of your own regurgitating sound-bites that have no substance.

Until I started to examine evolution, I had no idea how much you guys accept on blind faith. You have to have more faith to accept what science "believes" with such little actual evidence to support it, than we do in what the Bible says. :facepalm:

I'm afraid that we are not going to get very far, if you feel the need to feign ignorance or rational ineptness. All religions represent a path to some entity that encompasses all of the Omni's attributed to a God. All religions try to explain the purpose of humanity, the origin of creation, the nature of a God, the nature of an afterlife, the consequences of disobedience, and the search for an ultimate reality. It is also by definition, that only ONE God can exist that can possess all the Omni's of a God. Therefore, if a religious believer believes in a God, it can only be the one God by definition. Only the name is changed to denote the culture the God represents. History has clearly demonstrated that it is man that creates God(s), not the other way around.

Your words were, "The message from the Bible is that this world is going to descend deeper and deeper into unbelief so we see the world itself is already showing its ungodliness in ways never even imaginable a few decades ago.". My concerns were how this was possible, since the vast majority of people in the world are religious believers? Claiming that they are just not true believers is really not a verifiable or rational response. Also, the religious justifications(God's Laws) for the atrocities during the Salem witch trials, the Crusades, the Reformation, and other Holy Wars throughout history, are not the same justifications used in modern day atrocities(social, economic, or political). Since you haven't established that the Bible's assumptions are correct, I would only be responding to a straw man. But if the world's societies were descending into disbelief and ungodliness, could there be other social/cultural variables that we could consider(economic disparity, racial intolerance, equal opportunity, political oppression, and vital resource depletion)?

It is true that as the Universe is cooling and expanding, it's overall entropy(disorder) is increasing. But wherever energy is being pumped into the system, you will develop pockets of order. For example, when our sun dies, the earth will no longer have the energy to maintain its order, and escape its entropy. When our bodies are no longer able to use energy to maintain our normal metabolism, we also will succumb to entropy. So, as long as there is an available energy source to maintain order in a system, order CAN certainly come from disorder(figuratively speaking). If you can accept that entropy represents the number of possible choices and outcomes within a system, then you might be able to follow. Using lotto as an example. If one person makes a bet, his chances would be millions to one against having the winning outcome. But if millions of people bet on all combinations, the chances would be 100% certainty for one person to win. Right? No matter existed at the time of the BB. It took 180 million years after the BB before the first stars could bathe the Universe in their light, by exciting the hydrogen gas to absorb the background radio waves. You might also note that this discovery was evidenced in the outback deserts of Australia. If we consider the total number of the stars, planets, and galaxies in the Universe, and add 10 billion years of entropic possibilities, why can't you understand why it would be inevitable for our planet to form, and its chemical and biological evolution to begin? Remember, it took billions of years before a single celled organism could eventually evolve into a human. Unless you believe that complexity is not rooted in simplicity?

I'm quite certain that few people will jump out of a two story window, because science is simply "blind faith". I don't think you would put your finger into an exposed live power outlet because electricity is based on "blind faith", would you? I'm sure there are many things in science that you wouldn't consider as just "blind faith". In fact, it is science that makes your existence possible and will continue to prolong it. Other than a few virgin-happy religious fanatics flying planes into buildings, I don't see any cues waiting to fast-track their way to the gates of Heaven. Maybe you deep-down believe that science is reliable and works, and that faith-based beliefs alone don't. But hey, to each his or her own.

ecco

Veteran Member
But no one is forced to believe and warnings do not have to be heeded.
Many JW's did heed the warnings of the leaders of the JW when they were told: "The End Is Imminent".

Later, many JW's did heed the warnings of the leaders of the JW when they were told: "The End Is Imminent".

How many times did your leaders get it wrong?

ecco

Veteran Member
Do you think "religious believers" all worship the same god?

Nope. They all believe in the god they created.

Out of the 84% of those "religious believers", the ones who qualify as genuine Christians would be a very small percentage indeed.

You are in no position to decide who is and who is not a Christian.

God didn't invent religion or other gods....men did. They fashioned their gods after themselves. They have no beliefs in common with me.

They are exactly the same as you. Their beliefs are exactly the same as yours. You all think only your god is the real god and only your beliefs are based in truth. What nonsense.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What will I lose? How is evolution a threat to my beliefs in any way? Once I am dead....that's it. Nothing of me will exist ever again. Do you find that scary? Why would you?

If on the other hand, you had to answer to the power that created the universe for promoting something that made him redundant, then that just might make the situation before the inevitable outcome a little different.

But no one is forced to believe and warnings do not have to be heeded. We all make our own choices according to our own beliefs for our own reasons. You have beliefs, just like I do. If you are happy with your choice then so be it. Are you a good gambler? The weight of evidence is all on one side to me....it's on the other side for you guys.

I must say, I enjoy seeing the derision used to puff up inflated egos. "He who laughs last"....and all that.
Dawkins would be proud of some of these arrogant science buffs. :D
As I've pointed out to you numerous times before, if you're wrong, you have just as much to lose as anyone else. If Allah is the one true God, you're gonna have the same problem I am when you die. Or Thor. Or Osiris. Or Zeus. Or Zoroaster. Or Shiva. Etc., etc., etc. Hence the reason Pascal's Wager is nonsense.

Evolution is clearly a threat to your beliefs, and you have basically stated as much many times on this board. And you demonstrate here again that you believe what you want to believe, because it makes you feel better. That's the reason you keep providing. You've never given "I want to believe as many true things as possible," as your reason for believing. That tells me a lot.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Entropy...."PHYSICS

That should be easy to prove. Go ahead, provide the evidence that independent groups of scientists all over the world have been fabricating evidence for evolution over the past 150+ years. It should be extremely easy to do, if your assertions hold any water.

Again we see you believing what you want to believe, based on no evidence whatsoever. Evidence doesn't matter to you, that is clear. Thank you for elucidating that point.