• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Messiah

JohnAmes

I am trying to find some exposure for this writing of mine

I am a bit scared of being 'robbed' or plagiarized to be honest.

this is an original writing

It took me a couple years of developing

I am overall really pleased with it, so far, i still revise and edit it.

Thanks,

John, but not the baptist

Attachments

• Religion.III.pub.2x1.pdf
    143.6 KB · Views: 0

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you give us a brief overview?

Last edited:

danieldemol

Premium Member
The paper tries to argue that Gospel law is simply a repeat of Torah law in it’s opening 2 pages.

Personally I disagree with the theory being 100per cent true because Baha’u’llah points out that Jesus annulled the law of the Sabath, which is amongst the weightiest laws of Moses.

JohnAmes

Rival,

The overview is comparing the Torah Laws to the the Missions of John and Jesus.

My comparison revolves around Num. 19, 'The Water of Cleansing', as inspiration for

John the Baptists 'baptism'. And Two Laws for Jesus' claims. First, the 'Passover' which I argue

does not forgive sins as a Torah ritual in the first place, and Lev. 17 ' Eating Blood Forbidden'.

What would be the point of these two 'prophets' if they created rituals that had nothing

to to with the Torah religion, which was the basis of their claims and missions. I explain more

about that in the writing.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I think you can copyright anything, however the ideas in your paper are not necessarily new. You'll have to be widely read to determine for sure that they're not, and to pursue a claim against a copy cat you'll need to demonstrate that they aren't. For example in your paper you say "The water of cleansing was for purification from sin" which is not any new idea at all. Its certainly not patent material. You don't even explain what it means. What you seem to have here is a sermon, but there are probably hundreds of thousands of sermons out there already of various kinds. To plagiarize this would require copying it word for word.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Rival,

My comparison revolves around Num. 19, 'The Water of Cleansing', as inspiration for

John the Baptists 'baptism'. And Two Laws for Jesus' claims. First, the 'Passover' which I argue

does not forgive sins as a Torah ritual in the first place, and Lev. 17 ' Eating Blood Forbidden'.

What would be the point of these two 'prophets' if they created rituals that had nothing

to to with the Torah religion, which was the basis of their claims and missions. I explain more

The point from a Baha’i perspective - as I understand it - would be to adapt the purely societal aspects of Torah law to the needs and requirements of what was then a new age, whilst reiterating the purely moral or spiritual teachings of an earlier age.

No religion was formed in a vacuum and to assume there was no conceptual similarities shared whatsoever between the teachings of Moses and surrounding pagan traditions is in my view false.

Not only where there pagan schools of thought that believed in a soul seperate from the body, there were those that rejected the view as well.

Thus painting Hellenistic belief as pagan can be open to being wrong on 2 counts, because there have been (as I understand it) Jews who held similar belief to the Hellenics and pagans who rejected it.

socharlie

Thanks,

Baptism of John: a person was held under water until NDE occurred - making a person to see the spiritual kingdom directly, at that moment person's ignorance (sin) was lifted off (removed). Sin = "an error of the understanding"
Strong's Greek: 266. ἁμαρτία (hamartia) -- a sin, failure

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Thanks,

instead of posting your personal work
you could have been asking questions

Thief

Rogue Theologian
and I will ask a question

a notation of gospel....Jesus did not baptize
His disciples did

is it really important?
seems the Carpenter thought so in receiving the gesture
but did not do so unto others

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Like how you've realized that Christianities concepts defile the Law...

Yet you need to dissect the text more, John, Paul and Simon the stone (petros) are the ones who've created much of the death covenant.

John is most likely made up by the Sanhedrin, and is bias defamatory hearsay evidence...

So the idea you repeat that 'Yeshua was the Lamb of God' according to John the Baptist is made up, and only recorded in the fake Gospel of John.

When we've removed the fake bits of Christianity, Yeshua does fit with Hebraic prophecy, yet in a negative way; our people were cut off for putting their Messiah to death for 30 pieces of silver (Zechariah 11), due to him the abomination of desolation occurs (Daniel 9), the diaspora, and the people cut off (Jeremiah 25:33-37)... = (Luke 19:41-44)

Thus the ideas presented about him not being an expected king who'd defeats the Roman Empire, is missing much of the preemptive Messianic prophecy, that there is a removal of the ungodly before the Messianic Age; which this deception helps define who the mockers and scoffers are, who do not pay attention properly.

In my opinion. :innocent:

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Rival,

I see.

As a Noachide, I disagree.

Last edited: