• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Messiah. Has he come? When will he come? Was it Jesus?

roger1440

I do stuff
I checked all this out in detail about 25 years ago, and it is bogus. Verses are cherry-picked from the Tanakh and put into a clearly incorrect context if one checks on these one by one.

I taught Christian theology for 14 years, but something I read challenged that, so I studied for myself-- 2-3 hours per day, for two straight years with only about a 2 month break in between going through the Tanakh and "N.T."-- three Christian Bibles, two Christian commentaries, and one Christian concordance I used. At the end, I realized Jesus simply could not be the "Messiah" and that supposed citations saying he was are pulled out of context, which can easily be determined by reading each part in a wider context-- iow, read a lot of the verses around it to make sure what it's actually about.

Finding this out depressed me greatly, and led to the three most difficult years of my nearly 70 years of life. My Christian wife stuck with me through this and attends synagogue with me regularly, and I attend her church also regularly. Since I'm sorta a "many paths to God" kinda guy, I don't really get hung up on a "my daddy is bigger than your daddy" approach. IOW, I have no problem going into someone else's house of worship and feeling at ease.

If you would just asked me I could have saved you a lot of time and effort.