• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Media-Fed Animosity Between the Arab World and Israel

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
There are many different historical accounts which are fundamentally different, so it's difficult to know which one to believe. The Jews have their version, the Arabs have theirs, the Turks have theirs, the Greeks and Romans have theirs.
Regardless of which version we hold to, the Jews do have a historical claim to the disputed territories. They have been there since the days of Moses, so they're never going to abandon their claim. The only possible way to make them give up the land is to do what the Iranian leaders have always vowed to do and that's to wipe them out completely or push them into the sea.

I can't see the sense in the Palestinian claims to the same land, knowing Israel's military is vastly superior to all the Arabic powers combined. The US and many other countries are behind Israel so that makes it impossible for anyone to defeat the Jews.

If I was a Palestinian leader, I would accept the fact that the Jews will never surrender any territory and since there's no sense in taking a military action as it means certain destruction. I would seek to find a solution which satisfies Israel for the sake of peace and prosperity. I realise this option may sound unfair, but the reality is we live in a world where those who are richer and stronger get their way.
Well, "Israel" is hardly a monolithic entity, and neither are the Palestinians.

It seems to me that, while the different political factions in Israeli politics have rather varied ideas on what their end goal here is supposed to be, there is a significant and politically influential faction that seems fundamentally opposed to retaining an independent and sovereign Palestine as an actual viable state, and only seems to grudgingly accept its current twilight existence as a homeland for cheap immigrant labor that can be exploited and brutalized at will.

And due to the factionalized nature of Israeli politics, we will have to accept that these are a faction that will continue to exert influence on Israeli domestic and foreign policy for a good while to come. And with anti-Islamism and pro-authoritarianism becoming increasingly vogue among Israel's Western supporters, it is not unlikely that this will reflect on the situation of both the Arab minority within Israel proper and the Palestinians of the Occupied Territories.

That said, the Arab Palestinians have had their own political factioneering going on for quite some time, and like in many other areas of the world, making xenophobic noises and threats against alleged outside enemies is often a reliable way to get support among an increasing population of angry and desperate people. If anything, the conservative governments of Israel of past decades have been doing Hamas et al a favor with their militarized and colonial approach to the issue.