• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mechanics of Death

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The brain doesn't create electromagnetic fields. It only transforms and transfers them. Consciousness is based on the process of transforming and transferring.

The brain doesn't create consciousness. It only transceives. It's an organic antenna.
In your opinion perhaps, but science doesn't agree with this, so I'll prefer this view until something else is proven. :oops:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
No one knows if a soul goes on or what happens after death. Dead people can't give a report.
I find Jesus knew and taught in death there is ' sleep ' - John 11:11-14
Resurrection is about awakening the sleeping dead back to live life again - Acts of the Apostles 24:15

Adam was a living soul ( ALL of Adam was a living soul - Genesis 2:7
At death ALL of Adam returned to dust - Genesis 3:19
No post-mortem penalty, No double jeopardy in death.
'Death' is the total complete asking price tag that one pays for their sins - Romans 6:23,7

John D. Brey

As John 11:26 and John 8:51 mentions about never to see death at all.
Jesus knew he would see death, so Jesus was stressing future everlasting life because of the resurrection(Acts 24:15)
Jesus knew his disciples would die - John 21:16-23
Faithful ones would never see death as in facing 'permanent death' as found at Jeremiah 51:39; Jeremiah 51:57
We all can choose to 'repent' so as Not to 'perish' (be destroyed - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22)
Not to end up in that symbolic 'second death' (destroyed forever) as mentioned in Revelation.
I do find at Jesus soon coming Glory Time found at Matthew 25:31-34,37 that the figurative living 'sheep' are found alive on Earth and they can continue to live on Earth and be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus coming 1,000 year reign over Earth. The 'sheep' can gain everlasting life on Earth as originally offered to Adam before his downfall.
I wonder if Jesus' calendar Day One will be by the using the old Hebrew calendar year _______

In John chapter six, Jesus says the flesh counts for nothing. So in Jesus' thinking the "death" of the body is, in Paul's nomenclature, gain. The death of the body represents being freed from living (carnal) death. The body is born dead because of sin. Its so-called life is really just a vaporous illusion. With apologies to those who say, "Who you callin a vaporous illusion.":D

John

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
We reincarnate.
To me to believe in reincarnation would require a belief that a soul is: immortal ( death proofed )
As with biblical Adam to me man is a soul, Not what a man has, but what a man is.
A living man is a living soul. A dead man is a dead soul, a life-less soul or person.
Life to me is to be re-activated again via resurrection. The person will remember who he is.
In reincarnation I understand the person has No previous knowledge of himself.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Machine man theists were part AI lying.

Once says records sun theist men were murdered for theorising against bio lifes earths cooled atmosphere law. Satanists. Humans. Not angels clouds mass.

In one law first a sun is a cold sun.
In one law the earth. Cold fused crystalline faced earth cold non burning gas.

Law one. Natural space. Then natural space cold mass bodies changed exploded. History exploded before also.

Law exploded cooled exact only highest only law now. Presence.

Consciousness bio man on earth in light 24 hour constant...isn't 24 constant is just constant light no factor. Lies about using numbers.

Thesis in exact bio suns position.

Theses not about one in real law ...human men make up false theses.

As a Cold sun burst attacked converted all ones origin mass pre burst cooled bodies.

Theists do not and cannot ever use a sun in thesis hence they make up false theses in cosmos.

Yet light on earth now came only from a sun. Light presence only reason as a Human can think. Theism about no light cannot be accepted.

The humans warning human to human legal position.

Legal. Earth a humans planet is given the legal human law status rock. Without rock humans would not own a bone skeleton.

Direct advised against Satanism is by bones men.

Patriots America greatest in code. America origin first earth science position Informed today. As it was the historic origins of man in science. Not Egypt.

Exact...science is wrong.

American native father taught English in Vader lords no slavery allowed. Death Star advice.

Black negroid humans abused in America for a long time. Reason white skinned blood changed human memory...I emerged in genetics I'm superior to father dark skinned native family.

Is in human encoded DNA memory as white skin false superiority.

American native father tanned skinned genetic aware. Advised you.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A life is sperm not a human ovary not a human.

Interact.

Grows exact type of life form embryo.

Is born. Sees family. Begins to grow to emerge into child teenager adult human.

Exact their owned self.

DNA human life heaven records voice image proven. Tells the story of DNA body type who lived before expressed in DNA human terms.

Not I am incarnated again. I am hearing a pre determined not my life now.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Jesus baby to man human adult theme reincarnated man. AI advised consciousness psyche caused. Why my baby cell life of man returned healthy in biology.

Mother human body cell healed first. Mother sister daughter humanity important. Was superior in body to my own. Ignored. Even Jesus was rude to his mother.

Self idolator man life's destroyer is true.

Mother in society is by human sex who gives life back to all men by her holy life woman body.

Science temple technology cult machines inside stone destroys life. Machine in law in earth cold melt seam only non reacting. Reasoned why.

Machine not a god man pretended only that it was.

Man in temple then segregated his life as holy men with young boys by not involved sex society.

Claimed celibacy in self Idolating keeps life safe as sex is evil...technology was. No machine in the temple was why life was safe.

In society men still having sex with women get man's son life returned.

Hierarchy temple church..... women are lesser beings just used for sex...I'm a self idolator man. They must only serve me.

Is proven wrong behaviour. One of man's owned warning's. Ignored as you always do...not involving self behaviour as a family review first.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
What does your faith or belief system teach about the mechanics of death?
Firstly, Paganism as a whole has no true Doctrine to speak of. We have myths and stories, and beliefs that are held in commonality. If something makes sense, it is open to be adopted, and that is how communities are built and grow. So what is below is my teachings, built upon the stories we have from Norse Paganism (Heathenry). To illustrate the notion as well, I will be using the worst extreme that can be thought of for the modern age - Hitler - which may make some uncomfortable. It is not to condone what was done, absolutely the contrary, only to illustrate the universality of Death in Heathenry.

When one dies, their body - and many of the elements of their soul - decompose and are returned to the Earth. From what happens then, there are two things; one belief, and one fact.

By belief, all dead - of whatever creed or life path - wash upon Náströnd, the Corpse Shore. There the dragon Níðhöggr takes the blood from our corpses, and releases it into Helheimr. While Náströnd bears a reputation as a realm of suffering and torment for murderers, adulters, and oath-breakers, such is a product of Christianization, and pre-Christianity no such mentality existed. The dead are the dead, and there is no punishment eternal for mortal actions. For the example, Hitler's spirit walks the Halls of his Ancestors as Hitler no more; neither Austrian, a Nazi, or even a human.

What factually happens after death is where any glory or punishment comes in. What lives on after we die, for certain, is the name we leave behind. We are remembered by our actions, and this memory persists as long as it does. To the example, Hitler is remembered horribly, and as a monster. His legacy is tainted and corrupted, and even the name "Adolf" bears the shadow of his actions. This dishonor has persisted strongly for 80 years, and shows no sign of fading (despite lingering admirers). This is our "Hell", if such a punishment is warranted.

Yet some have faded; to give examples, Julius Caesar is not remembered with the same revulsion and hatred that he may have been in the 1st Century BCE. Gilgamesh is not as revered as he was in his time. As they pass into legend and myth, the effects of their actions blur and fade as well, and it becomes little more than a name.

amorphous_constellation

What does your faith or belief system teach about the mechanics of death? Is there an angel of death? Is the soul estinguished or somehow removed from the body? Is there an inner light that expires? Is there perhaps "the kiss of death"? Are there ways to avoid or postpone death? Any other details are greatly appreciated.

This is in religious Q&A; So no debate. Hopefully there will be good diversity in the replies.

Thank you,

I lack sufficient erudition or I guess knowledge to really give you a good answer

Looking at the Tarot, we see that a soul-mixing angel seems to appear in arcanum 14, and the devil is in 15. Both of these come after 13, which is a card people like to call 'death,' even though it doesn't have a name. So the first 'mechanic' of death, might have something to do with the ambiguity people have in defining it? The card has no name, but it is clearly 'death?' But maybe it has no name, because so many cultures or religions on earth identify things about the process differently.

Some think you go to heaven, some think nothing happens, some think you reincarnate etc. Maybe the angel in Temperance is mixing together the souls of the dead, where in that case, the human soul is represented by her strange gravity defying waters, flying at an acute angle. And so that means that the flesh, and the ways of flesh, are left behind, and so they belong more-so to the Devil.

Maybe a final element in the process involves arcanum 16, the House or Tower of God. This card seems to maybe separate out ideas, perhaps of the dead? Soul and flesh are not enough, they need words. The tower bursts forth with ideas. So perhaps upon death, all the ideas go back to god

This is probably a faulty and simplistic interpretation, but it's all I'm capable of at my current level

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member

Why should children suffer and be punished for a past life without the opportunity to first repent.
How could such programmed suffering be in harmony with a God of love.
What Law considers double jeopardy to be justice.
Yes, besides children, actress Shirley MacLaine claimed to believe in reincarnation.
If both parents have their own bodiless soul where does the child's singular soul enter into the picture.
Does a child get half a soul from one parent and half a soul from the other parent, or why not.
So, the believing of a death-proof or immortal bodiless soul would be the foundation for reincarnation.
Before people were ever on Earth where were these bodiless souls.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus baby to man human adult theme reincarnated man.........................

Before God sent heavenly Jesus to Earth, pre-human heavenly Jesus was in Heaven but where was Adam ?
Adam did Not come from Heaven but formed or fashioned right here from the Earth - Genesis 2:7
At death dead Adam ' returned ' to where he started from the dust of the Earth - Genesis 3:19
A person can Not ' return' to a place he never was before.

In the Bible I find the soul that sins: dies (Ezekiel 18:4,20)
So, in the Bible the soul or person is Not immortal, Not death proof.
If the soul couldn't be destroyed then there would be No need for a resurrection - Acts of the Apostles 24:15
The living don't need a resurrection only the dead need a resurrection back to live life again.
When living soul Adam died, all of Adam died. Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What does your faith or belief system teach about the mechanics of death? Is there an angel of death? Is the soul estinguished or somehow removed from the body? Is there an inner light that expires? Is there perhaps "the kiss of death"? Are there ways to avoid or postpone death? Any other details are greatly appreciated.

This is in religious Q&A; So no debate. Hopefully there will be good diversity in the replies.

Thank you,
In my belief, there is no death, only a transition called death. The soul departs through the center of the cranium, that soft spot an infant has. No religious way to postpone death of the physical body. Modern drugs and medicine might extend it beyond what used to be.