• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Meaning of Luke 19:27

Super Universe

Defender of God
The parable is about the angels, the good angels, and the rebel angels who were "wicked servants" and rebelled against their master Jesus.

The nobleman is Jesus who had the power and authority over His kingdom but He had to have certain experiences first before He could actually take charge and run the universe as "king".

The angels ran the universe until Jesus finished His earthly bestowal mission. The angels did not really know Jesus but the angels did know Lucifer, the high level administrative angel placed in charge of them. So when Lucifer began a rebellion many angels sided with Lucifer. The rebel angels are the servants who wasted what they were given. The loyal angels who had "ten pounds" were rewarded and given even more because the disloyal ones were removed from their positions while the loyal ones were promoted in their place and given more responsibility.

You humans always think selfishly, as if everything is about you or should be about you. Sometimes revelation is about things that are going on in the universe.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
The parable is about the angels, the good angels, and the rebel angels who were "wicked servants" and rebelled against their master Jesus.

The nobleman is Jesus who had the power and authority over His kingdom but He had to have certain experiences first before He could actually take charge and run the universe as "king".

The angels ran the universe until Jesus finished His earthly bestowal mission. The angels did not really know Jesus but the angels did know Lucifer, the high level administrative angel placed in charge of them. So when Lucifer began a rebellion many angels sided with Lucifer. The rebel angels are the servants who wasted what they were given. The loyal angels who had "ten pounds" were rewarded and given even more because the disloyal ones were removed from their positions while the loyal ones were promoted in their place and given more responsibility.

You humans always think selfishly, as if everything is about you or should be about you. Sometimes revelation is about things that are going on in the universe.
Jesus told the parable because people thought the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. (Luke 19:11)

Super Universe

Defender of God
Jesus told the parable because people thought the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. (Luke 19:11)

The Jewish idea of the messiah was that whoever it was would lead them to victory over the Romans like Moses led them away from Egypt with God's help.

Jesus did not come to the earth to give Jews power over the Romans.

RedDragon94

The Jewish idea of the messiah was that whoever it was would lead them to victory over the Romans like Moses led them away from Egypt with God's help.

Jesus did not come to the earth to give Jews power over the Romans.
Nope, he came to give us power over sin. He's not just the promised one for the Jews. The world was blessed through Abraham's children, but not because of Abraham's children.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Nope, he came to give us power over sin. He's not just the promised one for the Jews. The world was blessed through Abraham's children, but not because of Abraham's children.

He came to give us power over sin? Where? How? What free will do you have now to choose to do good that people did not have before Jesus?

These religious leaders you obey don't understand their own book. They nor you can figure it out by just reading the bible because the writers of the bible were so ignorant they were afraid of comets. When an eclipse happened they hid inside their homes and soiled their drawers. Those are the people who's words you worship?

The world was blessed through Abraham's children? You don't understand this. Certain genes made their way up through the human race and some more beneficial genes (for intelligence and less violence) happened to flow through certain human beings. Abraham was not "blessed" by God or even the angels.

RedDragon94

He came to give us power over sin? Where? How? What free will do you have now to choose to do good that people did not have before Jesus?
I think it's possible Jesus death and resurrection enables people to respond to his offer of eternal life. That's how.
These religious leaders you obey don't understand their own book.
Ultimately there's only one leader.
They nor you can figure it out by just reading the bible because the writers of the bible were so ignorant they were afraid of comets. When an eclipse happened they hid inside their homes and soiled their drawers. Those are the people who's words you worship?
The writers of Scripture didn't have to know everything that we do now in order to be relevant. In 20 years views of things will have to be modified, not so with the Bible. It's primary message is the same through the ages.
The world was blessed through Abraham's children? You don't understand this. Certain genes made their way up through the human race and some more beneficial genes (for intelligence and less violence) happened to flow through certain human beings. Abraham was not "blessed" by God or even the angels.
You're definition of blessed is carnal. God doesn't care whether you have good genes.

Super Universe

Defender of God
I think it's possible Jesus death and resurrection enables people to respond to his offer of eternal life. That's how.

Ultimately there's only one leader.

The writers of Scripture didn't have to know everything that we do now in order to be relevant. In 20 years views of things will have to be modified, not so with the Bible. It's primary message is the same through the ages.

You're definition of blessed is carnal. God doesn't care whether you have good genes.

Jesus death on the earth was necessary so He could complete His earthly bestowal mission. He already had the power and authority but He was required to live a life as a material being before He could take actions as the ruler of this universe.

Once He ascended the doorway was opened allowing the sleeping to be awakened and ascend to heaven. Before Jesus completed His earthly bestowal the door was closed. No one gets through the door unless Jesus allows it.

Ultimately there's only one leader? There's only one Creator but there are many, many, many leaders.

The writers of the scripture didn't have to know everything that we do now in order to be relevant? What is a fireball from heaven? It's a meteor. Ancient humans did not understand how hot rocks could fall from the sky so they thought they were sent from an angry god when what really happened was that a cooking fire caused a home to burn and it spread and burned down the city of Soddom. People had seen a meteor in the night sky before the fire happened so they blamed it on the fireball. A little bit of scientific knowledge kind of changes the whole story, doesn't it?

There are many, many more stories like this that blame God for some natural event that the ignorant humans simply did not understand.

Do you know when humans understood what caused earthquakes?

The bibles primary message is the same through the ages? No, it's not. Even the bible itself tells of an evolution in God theory. The ancient Jews used to worship a golden calf. The problem is that every time revelation is given to humans they think that's it, that's all there is, I have all I need. We have about another thousand years to go before we'll have a really accurate idea of God and the universe.

God doesn't care whether I have good genes? Who do you think controls evolution? Darwin?

RedDragon94

Ultimately there's only one leader? There's only one Creator but there are many, many, many leaders.
They ain't my leader. They do not have the final say in what I do.
The writers of the scripture didn't have to know everything that we do now in order to be relevant? What is a fireball from heaven? It's a meteor. Ancient humans did not understand how hot rocks could fall from the sky so they thought they were sent from an angry god when what really happened was that a cooking fire caused a home to burn and it spread and burned down the city of Soddom. People had seen a meteor in the night sky before the fire happened so they blamed it on the fireball. A little bit of scientific knowledge kind of changes the whole story, doesn't it?
All that tells me is that God has the power to send meteors our way. You think that because you know the scientific term that nothing happens for a reason?
There are many, many more stories like this that blame God for some natural event that the ignorant humans simply did not understand.
How about the prophecies in the Old Testament saying that God would destroy Israel through the Assyrian Empire?
Do you know when humans understood what caused earthquakes?
Do I care?

What the heck does this have to do with Luke 19:27?

How can you say that there are angels when you don't believe there is a God?
The bibles primary message is the same through the ages? No, it's not. Even the bible itself tells of an evolution in God theory. The ancient Jews used to worship a golden calf. The problem is that every time revelation is given to humans they think that's it, that's all there is, I have all I need. We have about another thousand years to go before we'll have a really accurate idea of God and the universe.
The Bible is one unified message to the world. That message is trust in Jesus as both savior and lord.

In essence what you're saying is that you'll never have an accurate picture of God in its entirety?
God doesn't care whether I have good genes? Who do you think controls evolution? Darwin?
Nope, God again.

Super Universe

Defender of God
They ain't my leader. They do not have the final say in what I do.

All that tells me is that God has the power to send meteors our way. You think that because you know the scientific term that nothing happens for a reason?

How about the prophecies in the Old Testament saying that God would destroy Israel through the Assyrian Empire?

Do I care?

What the heck does this have to do with Luke 19:27?

How can you say that there are angels when you don't believe there is a God?

The Bible is one unified message to the world. That message is trust in Jesus as both savior and lord.

In essence what you're saying is that you'll never have an accurate picture of God in its entirety?

Nope, God again.

The other leaders are not your leader? But they are. They do have the final say. There is nothing you or I or Lucifer or any other angel can do about it. It's not your universe.

God sends meteor's? How very primitive. You can continue to believe that if you wish, it's not true, but you can still believe it.

I think nothing happens for a reason? Everything does happen for a reason. I broke a glass because I did not have a tight enough grip and it slipped through my hands and shattered on the pavement, not because God wanted me to break the glass.

How about the prophecies in the OT saying that God would destroy Israel? If you give me a specific quote or chapter I can give you a more specific answer. Here's the thing, if you know the size of the universe and how many galaxies there are and how many planets and how many beings likely exist then you automatically know that God is not spending His time on what might happen to Israel and the Jews. The Jews were like other primitive humans back then, self absorbed and all their writings said that God was obsessed with them. He wasn't.

Do you care when humans figured out plate tectonics? Probably not. People don't like it when their lack of education is exposed.

What the heck does knowledge of plate tectonics have to do with Luke 19:27? I already explained Luke 19:27. Now I'm trying to get you to realize that not everything written in the ancient books came from God. Much of is was fabricated by humans who blamed God for the ground shaking when it really was shaking because they lived on a fault line.

How can I say that there are angels when I don't believe in God? I believe in God absolutely, positively, no doubt whatsoever. I just don't worship the bible, like you do.

The bible is one unified message to the world? Oh really, so which part is correct, an eye for an eye or forgiveness? Seems like opposing ideas to me.

The message is trust in Jesus as saviour and Lord? That's one message in the New Testament. Try telling that to the Jews and see how far you get.

In essence I'm saying that I will never have an accurate picture of God in His entirety? Depends on how you define accurate. The angels have a pretty accurate idea but there are many things they don't know. Beings in heaven have a much more accurate idea but they don't tell.

You can't figure it out. Can't do it. Can't figure out the real meaning of the bible by only reading the bible and your preacher man can't figure it out either.

Last edited:

Magus

The author of Luke was obviously very high on drugs, considering he wrote a backwards contradicting genealogies for no reason what-so-ever but to legitimises his bizarre Oily Jesus character, as well as correcting the silly chronological and geographical impossible travels of Jesus in Mark and Matthew. Most of Luke is just direct plagiarisms of the Old Testament, maybe he was imitating psychopathic Samuel.

1 Samuel 11:12
Then the people said to Samuel, "Who is he that said, 'Shall Saul (=Zeus) reign over us?' Bring the men, that we may put them to death."

Mister Silver

Faith's Nightmare
So many interpretive versions, oh my!!!

New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

New Living Translation
And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.'"

English Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Berean Study Bible
And these enemies of mine who were unwilling for me to rule over them, bring them here and slay them in front of me.'"

Berean Literal Bible
Furthermore, these enemies of mine, those not having been willing for me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.'"

New American Standard Bible
"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

King James Bible
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But bring here these enemies of mine, who did not want me to rule over them, and slaughter them in my presence.'"

International Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king—bring them here and slaughter them in my presence!'"

NET Bible
But as for these enemies of mine who did not want me to be their king, bring them here and slaughter them in front of me!'"

New Heart English Bible
But bring those enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them here, and kill them before me.'"

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“However, those my enemies, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them and kill them in front of me.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Bring my enemies, who didn't want me to be their king. Kill them in front of me.'"

New American Standard 1977
“But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
Moreover, those enemies of mine, who were unwilling that I should reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.

King James 2000 Bible
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.

American King James Version
But those my enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.

American Standard Version
But these mine enemies, that would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But as for those my enemies, who would not have me reign over them, bring them hither, and kill them before me.

Darby Bible Translation
Moreover those mine enemies, who would not [have] me to reign over them, bring them here and slay [them] before me.

English Revised Version
Howbeit these mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Webster's Bible Translation
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Weymouth New Testament
But as for those enemies of mine who were unwilling that I should become their king, bring them here, and cut them to pieces in my presence.'"

World English Bible
But bring those enemies of mine who didn't want me to reign over them here, and kill them before me.'"

Young's Literal Translation
but those my enemies, who did not wish me to reign over them, bring hither and slay before me.'

Super Universe

Defender of God
But you can?

I can figure it (the bible) out? A pretty good chunk of it, yes, but not all.

When John the Baptist was sitting in the jail cell just before he got his head chopped off he had a dream/vision and described that dream to one of his followers who wrote it down and called it Revelations. I know what some of the things are that he saw but not everything. He was much too primitive to understand a vision of gathering angels and beings from all over this universe.

Perhaps you should try me? Pick a bible quote you don't understand and I will explain what it really means.

RedDragon94

So many interpretive versions, oh my!!!

New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

New Living Translation
And as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king--bring them in and execute them right here in front of me.'"

English Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Berean Study Bible
And these enemies of mine who were unwilling for me to rule over them, bring them here and slay them in front of me.'"

Berean Literal Bible
Furthermore, these enemies of mine, those not having been willing for me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.'"

New American Standard Bible
"But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."

King James Bible
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But bring here these enemies of mine, who did not want me to rule over them, and slaughter them in my presence.'"

International Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine who didn't want me to be their king—bring them here and slaughter them in my presence!'"

NET Bible
But as for these enemies of mine who did not want me to be their king, bring them here and slaughter them in front of me!'"

New Heart English Bible
But bring those enemies of mine who did not want me to reign over them here, and kill them before me.'"

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“However, those my enemies, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them and kill them in front of me.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Bring my enemies, who didn't want me to be their king. Kill them in front of me.'"

New American Standard 1977
“But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
Moreover, those enemies of mine, who were unwilling that I should reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.

King James 2000 Bible
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.

American King James Version
But those my enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring here, and slay them before me.

American Standard Version
But these mine enemies, that would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But as for those my enemies, who would not have me reign over them, bring them hither, and kill them before me.

Darby Bible Translation
Moreover those mine enemies, who would not [have] me to reign over them, bring them here and slay [them] before me.

English Revised Version
Howbeit these mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Webster's Bible Translation
But those my enemies, who would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Weymouth New Testament
But as for those enemies of mine who were unwilling that I should become their king, bring them here, and cut them to pieces in my presence.'"

World English Bible
But bring those enemies of mine who didn't want me to reign over them here, and kill them before me.'"

Young's Literal Translation
but those my enemies, who did not wish me to reign over them, bring hither and slay before me.'
They all say the same thing a thousand different ways. I think you just have a problem with cognitive observance.

RedDragon94

I can figure it (the bible) out? A pretty good chunk of it, yes, but not all.

When John the Baptist was sitting in the jail cell just before he got his head chopped off he had a dream/vision and described that dream to one of his followers who wrote it down and called it Revelations. I know what some of the things are that he saw but not everything. He was much too primitive to understand a vision of gathering angels and beings from all over this universe.

Perhaps you should try me? Pick a bible quote you don't understand and I will explain what it really means.
Let's try a block of Scripture instead of a verse.

Ephesians 2:1-10. Go.