• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mask Hall of Fame

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Now it is clear - and it is certainly not what I meant for covering your eyes.

So your question is....

Adios

Ken

If the mask ONLY prevents the SICK people to spread the virus further, do you agree that IF everybody wears a mask in a room, then everybody, who is not sick yet, is safe?

Ciao

- viole

Erebus

We need to bring this back. Protect yourself, protect others and look damn stylish as you do.

il_570xN.1292444177_ms9m.jpg

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
If the mask ONLY prevents the SICK people to spread the virus further, do you agree that IF everybody wears a mask in a room, then everybody, who is not sick yet, is safe?

Ciao

- viole
Of course not. Not all masks are created equal. Not all masks stop the virus. Then you have the touching of door knobs, pencils, money that everyone touches, someone who coughs and the masks doesn't stop it all.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
It occurs to me that the simplest solution would be to issue emergency transporter armbands, since they're equipped with type seven phase discriminators. They can create a subspace force field which could be reconfigured to filter out the virus.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Of course not. Not all masks are created equal. Not all masks stop the virus. Then you have the touching of door knobs, pencils, money that everyone touches, someone who coughs and the masks doesn't stop it all.

I guess it's safe to say people usually catch germs more often by touch. Then people touch the mask, don't wash it every time they use it, etc etc. Oh well. I gotta run.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Sure. But a safety belt on a car is not effective either if you run 300 mph on a German Highway and you cause an accident. Does that entail that we should not wear a safety belt in the car?

The mask is just an additional protection (of the others, mainly). So, it could be necessary, or at least very helpful, but not sufficient. Who knows? Better safe than sorry, especially when it is not such a big thing to wear one.

Ciao

- viole

Kenny

Premium Member
It occurs to me that the simplest solution would be to issue emergency transporter armbands, since they're equipped with type seven phase discriminators. They can create a subspace force field which could be reconfigured to filter out the virus.
Now, THAT, is a mind that is thinking outside of the mask, box

Kenny

Premium Member
Sure. But a safety belt on a car is not effective either if you run 300 mph on a German Highway and you cause an accident. Does that entail that we should not wear a safety belt in the car?

The mask is just an additional protection (of the others, mainly). So, it could be necessary, or at least very helpful, but not sufficient. Who knows? Better safe than sorry, especially when it is not such a big thing to wear one.

Ciao

- viole
So, get a mask that covers your eyes. :D - an eye seat belt.

Adios,

Ken

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And so your absolutely ridiculous solution is to make fun of mask wearing and leave them off? Smart, not.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Eyes are mucous membranes and one of the potential entry points for the virus.
She asked if we could spread it from our eyes, to other people. I think the answer is no. Blinking will not spread covid to other eyes that are not protected.

Sneezing however will. Which is why we don't wear masks to protect ourselves, but others we might sneeze near. The mask is to protect others from us. That's the major benefit of them.

That's why we should all wear them. Because as a good person, we should concerned about putting others health at risk, and not just being concerned with only our own. This is something some Christians still struggle with. Thinking of others.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since I already came out as an alien invader Democrat not a zombie, I recommend this mask. You can pass for one of us if you wear it:

alien-mask-3.gif

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Maybe that is why I laughed? :D
I thought your laughter here was just a nervous response to anxiety, not actual humor; like someone laughing when they see someone dead. It's not actually funny at all, but human responses can be weird that way sometimes.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hmmmmm... Joke section?

Do you have any humor left?

But on the serious side... eyes are exposed and the mask isn't the recommended mask.
Missing the point, perhaps deliberately, in order to keep up the relentless drumbeat of stupid opposition to wearing masks.

The point of the flaming mask, you see, is to stop YOU infecting other people. Which you do via droplets exhaled with your breath. Not your eyes.

To protect you from catching the virus, yes you need a face visor, which is in fact recommended for people whose jobs force them into close contact with a lot of potentially infected people (our local hairdresser wears one, for example).

It does actually makes sense, if you do not go out of your way to misunderstand the concept, in order to enable you to make bad jokes about it.

:rolleyes: