• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Marvelous Mrs Maisel

PureX

Veteran Member
Any other fans out there?
Absolutely! As an artist, I am amazed at the depth and fullness of the creator's vision in this series (Amy Sherman-Palidino). I was a huge fan of her previous series, "Gilmore Girls", and this one is even better. It's better funded, and it's more exactingly executed. She has a gift for choosing the right actors to play her characters and she's also one of the best script-writers in the business. This series is a testament to what can be achieved when a real artist is given real creative freedom, control, and support. I'm hoping it's success will be an incentive to other production companies to try doing the same thing, instead of micro-managing and hamstringing their show creators in the endless quest to maximize profits.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Absolutely! As an artist, I am amazed at the depth and fullness of the creator's vision in this series (Amy Sherman-Palidino). I was a huge fan of her previous series, "Gilmore Girls", and this one is even better. It's better funded, and it's more exactingly executed. She has a gift for choosing the right actors to play her characters and she's also one of the best script-writers in the business. This series is a testament to what can be achieved when a real artist is given real creative freedom, control, and support. I'm hoping it's success will be an incentive to other production companies to try doing the same thing, instead of micro-managing and hamstringing their show creators in the endless quest to maximize profits.
Well I hope it makes tons of money.

PureX

Veteran Member
Well I hope it makes tons of money.
I'm sure it will. But that won't be the measure of it's value. Which is why TRYING to make lots of money, instead of trying to create quality life experiences for all involved, nearly always fails at both.