• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Marriage of a man and a woman

Faithofchristian

When a man and a woman come together for the purpose of Marriage.
In what way does a man and a woman get Married.
According to God in the Bible ?

Last edited:

Axe Elf

Prophet
Your stature is like that of the palm, and your breasts like clusters of fruit.
I said, “I will climb the palm tree; I will take hold of its fruit.”
--Song of Solomon 7:7-8 (NIV)

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
Hi Interesting subject, I trust it creates lots of thoughtful response.

Over half of those who get married end up parting company, why is that? It seems that those in the church have the same problem, so being a "Christian" clearly doesn't immune one. We could argue that maybe we need to take another look at Monogamy (one stop shop relationship) and ask if finding one person for life is compatible with our genetic make up.

1. When you say marriage what do you mean?
2. Which model of marriage are you referring to?

Faithofchristian

Hi Interesting subject, I trust it creates lots of thoughtful response.

Over half of those who get married end up parting company, why is that? It seems that those in the church have the same problem, so being a "Christian" clearly doesn't immune one. We could argue that maybe we need to take another look at Monogamy (one stop shop relationship) and ask if finding one person for life is compatible with our genetic make up.

1. When you say marriage what do you mean?
2. Which model of marriage are you referring to?

The Marriage between a man and a woman.
According to God in the bible how does a man and a woman get Married ?

Axe Elf

Prophet
What, you didn't like my first answer?

Primarily, they have sex with the intention of being married.

Secondarily, the Bible clearly recommends abiding by the laws of the land, so the couple should then meet the legal requirements of being married to make it "official"--but the license and the ceremony aren't necessary, should two people decide to be married on a deserted island somewhere.

Trackdayguy

The Marriage between a man and a woman.
According to God in the bible how does a man and a woman get Married ?

With respect you may need to rethink your question. The Bible has several pictures of marriage. For me the real issue is how are we genetically made. If we are made to function in a certain way and religion states that we should live another way, one would be wise to question that religion. I would like to suggest that you do a Google search on marriage and look at the history.

For example the most common structure of marriage in the world in an arranged marriage, the most common model of marriage in the Bible is multiple partners. So Im afraid your question is not easy to answer because its over simplified.

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

With respect you may need to rethink your question. The Bible has several pictures of marriage. For me the real issue is how are we genetically made. If we are made to function in a certain way and religion states that we should live another way, one would be wise to question that religion. I would like to suggest that you do a Google search on marriage and look at the history.

For example the most common structure of marriage in the world in an arranged marriage, the most common model of marriage in the Bible is multiple partners. So Im afraid your question is not easy to answer because its over simplified.

The History of mans has noting to do with how God has set down how a man and a woman get Married in the Bible.
There is only one way that God has set down how a man and a woman gets Married in the Bible.

Now as to why would I want to Google search, When I have God's word in the Bible that tells me how God has set down how a man and a woman gets Married.

What your telling me, is to take man's word over and above how God has set it down in his word, how a man and a woman gets Married.

So there is only one way a man and a woman gets Married according how God has set it down.

Trackdayguy

The History of mans has noting to do with how God has set down how a man and a woman get Married in the Bible.
There is only one way that God has set down how a man and a woman gets Married in the Bible.

Now as to why would I want to Google search, When I have God's word in the Bible that tells me how God has set down how a man and a woman gets Married.

What your telling me, is to take man's word over and above how God has set it down in his word, how a man and a woman gets Married.

So there is only one way a man and a woman gets Married according how God has set it down.

Can I ask? Do you believe that the Bible should be interpreted literally ??

Last edited:

Axe Elf

Prophet

Well you DID ask the question; why are you scolding someone for answering it? It almost sounds like you were asking the question with a specific answer in mind already, and Terry failed your "test."

So what's your "one way"...?

...being "the husband of one wife" like church elders are required to be in 1 Timothy 3:2?
...having 700 wives and 300 porcupines like King Solomon?
...or just the 7 wives that God blessed unto David's bosom (2 Samuel 12:8)?
...or the two men lying in one bed (one taken and the other left) in Luke 17:34?

Faithofchristian

What, you didn't like my first answer?

Primarily, they have sex with the intention of being married.

Secondarily, the Bible clearly recommends abiding by the laws of the land, so the couple should then meet the legal requirements of being married to make it "official"--but the license and the ceremony aren't necessary, should two people decide to be married on a deserted island somewhere.

Not when those laws of the land come in conflict with God's word, then God's word supersedes the law of the land.

Acts 5:29--"Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men"

Faithofchristian

Can I ask? Do you believe that the Bible should be interpreted literally ??

Well you have the written word and you the Spirit of the word.

The written word is what is written in black and white and red and white.

The Spirit of the word is for those who have Spiritual discernment.

In the book of Mark 13, Christ Jesus gave what the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is and when it will happen and by who can commit it.
It takes Spiritual discernment to understand what Christ Jesus has given.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Not when those laws of the land come in conflict with God's word, then God's word supersedes the law of the land.

Well that kind of goes without saying, but I'm not aware of any governmental body in the world today that would require you to do something that contradicts God's word in order to be legally married.

Faithofchristian

Well you DID ask the question; why are you scolding someone for answering it? It almost sounds like you were asking the question with a specific answer in mind already, and Terry failed your "test."

So what's your "one way"...?

...being "the husband of one wife" like church elders are required to be in 1 Timothy 3:2?
...having 700 wives and 300 porcupines like King Solomon?
...or just the 7 wives that God blessed unto David's bosom (2 Samuel 12:8)?
...or the two men lying in one bed (one taken and the other left) in Luke 17:34?

Do you have any idea at all, what it means two men lying in one bed, one shall be taken and the other left, Luke 17:34,
When does this happen ?

If you had notice Jesus was referring to the Tribulation. So during the tribulation, what does it mean, that two men lying in one bed, one shall be taken the other left.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Do you have any idea at all, what it means two men lying in one bed, one shall be taken and the other left, Luke 17:34

Yes, I do speak English.

When does this happen?

I can think of lots of times when it might happen.

If you had notice Jesus was referring to the Tribulation. So during the tribulation, what does it mean, that two men lying in one bed, one shall be taken the other left.

Presumably, that one of them is saved, and the other is not.

Faithofchristian

Well that kind of goes without saying, but I'm not aware of any governmental body in the world today that would require you to do something that contradicts God's word in order to be legally married.

There's two ways a person can get married.
One is by man's way and the other is by God's way.