• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mark of the Beast

Psalm23

No, it’s not the mark of the beast . The Mark of the beast is tied to worship of the beast it seems and as of yet, that worship is not going on. Vaccines are administered in the upper arm. The Mark is described to be in the right hand or forehead.

Jeremiah Ames

Why not the reasons in the article? What are the reasons you have in mind?

Thank you for asking that question InChrist.
I will do my best, for what it’s worth.

I look at the Bible differently than what is taught in Christian churches today.
So, I am unable to see those things spoken of the 7 reasons. I see something else there:

I see numbers, in the Bible, as representing qualities of something.
Not a quantity, but a quality.
For instance 6 means all, 7 means complete.
For example, 6 days of “creation” is all the days of work, and 7 is the complete creation, including the rest. 6 and 7 (and all numbers) will always mean the same throughout the Bible. Like 40 (used quite often) meaning times of trial.
Again, 7 is used a lot in the Bible, many times in Revelation, such as 7 churches, 7 lampstands, 7 angels, 7 trumpets, 7 seals.
Therefore the 7 churches, for instance, represent all the qualities of THE church.
That is enough now, so I will just give my understanding of 666.
6 being tripled is now not only “all”, but all from beginning to end.
In this case, due to context of the story, it speaks to ALL that remains of the church is evil and falsity. (You will ask, why evil and falsity, but that’s a larger story) Bottom line, the church has come to an end.
But, take heart, the good news comes in the last chapters of Revelation.
The Lord provides a beautiful gleaming new church.
Much more detail to it, but that’s the gist.
Has nothing to do with actual “marks” on people.

imo

InChrist

Free4ever
Thank you for asking that question InChrist.
I will do my best, for what it’s worth.

I look at the Bible differently than what is taught in Christian churches today.
So, I am unable to see those things spoken of the 7 reasons. I see something else there:

I see numbers, in the Bible, as representing qualities of something.
Not a quantity, but a quality.
For instance 6 means all, 7 means complete.
For example, 6 days of “creation” is all the days of work, and 7 is the complete creation, including the rest. 6 and 7 (and all numbers) will always mean the same throughout the Bible. Like 40 (used quite often) meaning times of trial.
Again, 7 is used a lot in the Bible, many times in Revelation, such as 7 churches, 7 lampstands, 7 angels, 7 trumpets, 7 seals.
Therefore the 7 churches, for instance, represent all the qualities of THE church.
That is enough now, so I will just give my understanding of 666.
6 being tripled is now not only “all”, but all from beginning to end.
In this case, due to context of the story, it speaks to ALL that remains of the church is evil and falsity. (You will ask, why evil and falsity, but that’s a larger story) Bottom line, the church has come to an end.
But, take heart, the good news comes in the last chapters of Revelation.
The Lord provides a beautiful gleaming new church.
Much more detail to it, but that’s the gist.
Has nothing to do with actual “marks” on people.

imo
Thanks for explaining further. A lot of people seem to attribute esoteric meaning to numbers in the Bible, which I don’t think is always wise. I do think there are certain numbers of importance highlighted in the scriptures though.
I definitely don’t see the connection you are making with the end of the church, especially in light of Jesus’ statement...

... I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18

Besides, the church is not merely a visible organization, but rather according to the scriptures a body, the Bride of Christ composed of anyone, anywhere who believes in Jesus Christ as their Savior and is born again to new life. I know there are millions and millions of such believers in the world now, so the church has not ended.
But that is another subject than the mark of the beast.

Jeremiah Ames

Thanks for explaining further. A lot of people seem to attribute esoteric meaning to numbers in the Bible, which I don’t think is always wise. I do think there are certain numbers of importance highlighted in the scriptures though.
I definitely don’t see the connection you are making with the end of the church, especially in light of Jesus’ statement...

... I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16:18

Besides, the church is not merely a visible organization, but rather according to the scriptures a body, the Bride of Christ composed of anyone, anywhere who believes in Jesus Christ as their Savior and is born again to new life. I know there are millions and millions of such believers in the world now, so the church has not ended.
But that is another subject than the mark of the beast.

You are quite correct by mentioning Matthew 16:18.
And your last paragraph is spot on. I agree completely.

I fully believe that Jesus has built his church, it is here. It is now.
It’s an incredible picture painted of that very church, the Lord’s church, in the final two chapters of Revelation.
That church IS his church.
The new Jerusalem will always be wide open, the gates will never be shut.
Think about that. And there will be no sun or moon. Pretty incredible description.
Yes, his church, his bride, will be everlasting.
I am moved tremendously by those last chapters of our Bible.